With a completely sealed room you still need to vent humidity.
I grew for over a decade in prohibition places, smell is always top priority.
1. I always use 3 complete exchanges of air per minute in my grows.
2. I used tents with carbon scrubbers attached and 24/7 airflow. Extra time spent to ensure all positive pressure sections of ducting are completely sealed.
3. I made sure to leave the grow area for a good 8-10 hours at least once or twice a week. When you return you have a clearer ability to 'smell' any issues which may have cropped up.
4. Trim next to your intake exhaust for your grow area, so all smell goes through the carbon scrubber.
5. Change your carbon on a regular basis, especially when running louder strains.
p.s. I have huge issues with chemicals in the air, so cooking some strong smelling food was always preferable to chemical odor masks. Put a strong stew on to smell up the house while you trim in the grow room.