Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Seed moved 2.5" during germination?

Thread Title Search
Seed moved 2.5" during germination? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-16-2020, 09:55 AM #1
Jestocost

Jestocost is just really niceJestocost is just really niceJestocost is just really niceJestocost is just really niceJestocost is just really niceJestocost is just really niceJestocost is just really niceJestocost is just really niceJestocost is just really niceJestocost is just really niceJestocost is just really nice
Seed moved 2.5" during germination?

The sprout on the side of the pot is from a seed I planted in the middle of the pot. The other three planted similarly sprouted where I put them.

Has anyone ever seen a seed move a couple inches? Weird, I know.

Not complaining - these are CC Larry OG Kush, and I got 4/4. I don't quite get how this happened, though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200715_2216335.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	541698
Jestocost is offline Quote

Old 07-16-2020, 10:36 AM #2
Deep State

Deep State has a brilliant futureDeep State has a brilliant futureDeep State has a brilliant futureDeep State has a brilliant futureDeep State has a brilliant futureDeep State has a brilliant futureDeep State has a brilliant futureDeep State has a brilliant futureDeep State has a brilliant futureDeep State has a brilliant futureDeep State has a brilliant future
Is it possible that when you watered it, it moved?
Deep State is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:34 AM #3
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Bingo! Give that man a cigar

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2020, 03:26 PM #4
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
i have the tops chopped off of seedlings sometimes.

since i block cats & birds from the seed room, I can only conclude that, sometimes, a FLY will actually bite my sprouted seedlings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu60uj0_-Nw

Trump's Lysol Moment @ 25:00 in video from Thursday April 23.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 07-16-2020, 03:56 PM #5
HGCC

HGCC will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Phatty View Post
i have the tops chopped off of seedlings sometimes.

since i block cats & birds from the seed room, I can only conclude that, sometimes, a FLY will actually bite my sprouted seedlings.

Man that fly is a dick.

If the medium is real light and airy it moves around and floats when you water, seed can lift up and move with it if the tap root isn't deep enough.
HGCC is offline Quote

Old 07-16-2020, 05:11 PM #6
Jestocost

Jestocost is just really niceJestocost is just really niceJestocost is just really niceJestocost is just really niceJestocost is just really niceJestocost is just really niceJestocost is just really niceJestocost is just really niceJestocost is just really niceJestocost is just really niceJestocost is just really nice
I figured that. Thanks for all the replies, guys. I laid it on top of soil, then added a 1/4" layer on top, and I bet when I watered it moved in the small remaining space.

Flies and cats are dicks, but at least cats let you be their personal servants.

Old 07-16-2020, 05:15 PM #7
rolandomota

rolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud of
Rats man rats love fresh sprouts mice and what not their sneaky lil bastards too.

Yea it's the heavy handed watering doing that moving also they can sprout and can't come straight up so they take a side route

give that man a cigar sized blunt of some tasty strong smoke
Smoke a cigar like weed then come tell me you enjoyed it ...if your still alive. I know I know not it's not fair comparing and tobacco is smoked different etc. I just don't like tobacco that shits wack corona virus ain't shit compared to tobacco and your putting that crap in you on purpose people are strange anyway off topic lol sorry

Old 07-16-2020, 06:02 PM #8
HGCC

HGCC will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestocost View Post
I figured that. Thanks for all the replies, guys. I laid it on top of soil, then added a 1/4" layer on top, and I bet when I watered it moved in the small remaining space.

Flies and cats are dicks, but at least cats let you be their personal servants.
Its one of the reasons seedlings are my least favorite stage of growth. Can't even count how many I killed by not noticing I floated them and they settled a little crooked.
HGCC is offline Quote

Old 07-16-2020, 09:26 PM #9
Jestocost

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGCC View Post
Its one of the reasons seedlings are my least favorite stage of growth. Can't even count how many I killed by not noticing I floated them and they settled a little crooked.

That calendar week from implant to finally knowing they'll make it is a pain, sometime.

I've figured that nature has developed a pretty good system already, and just do soil, water, and seed and hope Dharma is in good shape locally. I seem to do ok with germing. I've lost one seed in this last year for a 12/13 record. Still, the days after planting are damned nail-biters.