Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > How about that silver?

Thread Title Search
How about that silver? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2020, 09:13 PM #1
gladysvjubb

gladysvjubb has a brilliant futuregladysvjubb has a brilliant futuregladysvjubb has a brilliant futuregladysvjubb has a brilliant futuregladysvjubb has a brilliant futuregladysvjubb has a brilliant futuregladysvjubb has a brilliant futuregladysvjubb has a brilliant futuregladysvjubb has a brilliant futuregladysvjubb has a brilliant futuregladysvjubb has a brilliant future
How about that silver?

I really love silver. One day my friend came to visit and we both had a shitload of cash to invest. I pointed out to him that silver had closed at $2.50 an oz. on Friday. It was Saturday so we went to the biggest dealer in our neck of the woods and bought all his 100 oz. bars in stock with the promise of more on Tues if we paid for them now. Which we did.
Silver did nothing but go up from that point.

Silver 19.77 3:02PM EDT +0.24 +1.25%
gladysvjubb is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:19 PM #2
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
I would not be at all surprised to see one or more cell-phone manufacturers come out with a "Silver Edition" cell-phone.

because of the Virucidal - or supposed virucidal - qualities of Silver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgHn_VnTfeo

Trump's Final Call-in on Tuesday November 3, Fox News Youtube Channel
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 07-16-2020, 05:53 PM #3
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
Wish I got more when the price fell at the beginning of Covid. Stupid me only bought 25 oz.
Green Squall is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:32 PM #4
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Squall View Post
Wish I got more when the price fell at the beginning of Covid. Stupid me only bought 25 oz.
there was very little available, and when it did become available the price was $3+ over spot.

in reality, you didn't miss much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgHn_VnTfeo

Trump's Final Call-in on Tuesday November 3, Fox News Youtube Channel
St. Phatty is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:57 PM #5
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
The only precious metal I have is a 1 gram Palladium Bar - Valcambi Suisse 99.95% pure bullion.

Only got it to say I have something in precious metals.

Probably get the same size in Gold, Platinum and Silver in time.

Like this collection.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:17 AM #6
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Phatty View Post
there was very little available, and when it did become available the price was $3+ over spot.

in reality, you didn't miss much.
The big guys were sold out - JM Bullion, APMEX, etc - but some of the smaller outfits were taking orders with the price locked in and delayed shipping. I got a 10 oz bar for $150.30 from Golden Eagle Coins (should have ordered more) and a "5 oz starter kit" from Money Metals exchange for $60.22

Sometimes you can get discounts using a link from findbullionprices.org. Right now that same starter kit is $91.20 with the employee price.
Green Squall is offline Quote

Old 07-17-2020, 01:51 AM #7
TakenByTheSky

Silver meh...

A few years ago when they were hyping the shit out if it silver was in the $30+ per ounce category.

Silver has obviously taken a significant plunge and had yet to get back up there. If you bought then you'd lost 1/3 of your investments.

Silver is not good, even gold as an end of the world currency I don't buy that bullshit. As we've seen from the pandemic is medical supplies, non parishable food, ammo and toilet paper have the most value when shit hits the fan.

Gold I see as only a good investment to make money over the long run. Like buying stock, buy it and sit in it and watch its value grow. The thing that sucks about gold is the buy in is so high.

If silver was to hit 10-12$ per ounce I'd buy in but I'm not seeing it as worthwhile right now

Old 07-17-2020, 02:31 AM #8
Bud Green
I dig dirt

Bud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivor
I have over $750 face value of US junk silver. and I'm holding... It's buried in vac sealed jars...

ps... fuck toilet paper....booze and weed will have the best return in a SHTF scenario..

Isn't Mother Nature grand !
Bud Green is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:31 AM #9
Bud Green
I dig dirt

Bud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivor
I have over $750 face value of US junk silver. and I'm holding... It's buried in vac sealed jars...

ps... fuck toilet paper....booze and weed will have the best return in a SHTF scenario..

Old 07-17-2020, 02:31 AM #10
Bud Green
I dig dirt

Old 07-17-2020, 02:32 AM #11
gladysvjubb

gladysvjubb has a brilliant futuregladysvjubb has a brilliant futuregladysvjubb has a brilliant futuregladysvjubb has a brilliant futuregladysvjubb has a brilliant futuregladysvjubb has a brilliant futuregladysvjubb has a brilliant futuregladysvjubb has a brilliant futuregladysvjubb has a brilliant futuregladysvjubb has a brilliant futuregladysvjubb has a brilliant future
Silver 19.52 8:19PM EDT -0.05 -0.25%
gladysvjubb is offline Quote

Old 07-17-2020, 04:27 AM #12
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladysvjubb View Post
I really love silver. One day my friend came to visit and we both had a shitload of cash to invest. I pointed out to him that silver had closed at $2.50 an oz. on Friday. It was Saturday so we went to the biggest dealer in our neck of the woods and bought all his 100 oz. bars in stock with the promise of more on Tues if we paid for them now. Which we did.
Silver did nothing but go up from that point.

Silver 19.77 3:02PM EDT +0.24 +1.25%
How much premium on the bars, or is that the 2.50, which is kinda high on 100 oz bars ref APMEX? I have some, and wish I had monster boxes of coins instead. Either ASE or my fave, RCM 4x9 leafs. That is because of counterfeits, and divisibility.

That ratio reverting to the mean will be a hoot.

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87
flylowgethigh is offline Quote