What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You old stoners remember seeing one of these?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Check out my newest item in my collection.
The Pot Seed Pen. I got it on eBay.
It was listed as around 40 years old. I can't find anything about.
I saw a picture of a newer one on Google, but now I can't even find that.
I found one article about a high school girl getting suspended for having the pen in class.
The article said the police said that "sterilized" or something was printed on the pen. Also that it was made in China. My pen does not say that, but the box says made in USA.

It would be cool to find out who made these, and what kind of seeds they are.

Are these truly 40 year old marijuana seeds or is just sterilized hemp seed?
Only one way to find out!!!!!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Mine does not say they have been sterilized.

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've seen quite a bit of pot paraphernalia in my days but I've never seen this pot seed pen. Kinda cool.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
I have a hard time believing thats 40 years old. I'd expect to see some degradation of the plastic or the seeds unless it was stored extremely well. I'd try to pop a couple.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I have a hard time believing thats 40 years old. I'd expect to see some degradation of the plastic or the seeds unless it was stored extremely well. I'd try to pop a couple.

I'm with ya. Maybe clouding of the plastic.

But I will say, that if this pen was made today, there absolutely no way it would be this heavy.
Everything today is so light to save on production costs and shipping costs.
For a plastic writing pen, this is heavy duty.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I have a Chinese acquaintance who says Chinese people are very against cannabis. Hemp is different. If it's from China, I'd put my money on Hemp. I'd still pop them though. Like chong once said "you never know right". Lol

H G Griffin

I have a Chinese acquaintance who says Chinese people are very against cannabis. Hemp is different. If it's from China, I'd put my money on Hemp. I'd still pop them though. Like chong once said "you never know right". Lol

First you say Chinese people are very against cannabis, then you quote one of the most famous Chinese stoners ever. I hope that was on purpose. Either way, it made me laugh.:woohoo:

HGCC

I want to say the pens were souvenirs kids would get while on vacation at weird little stands, they were not part of the school supply aisle.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Those may be the plainest, most boring looking seeds I have seen. No markings at all. Probably some boring ass hemp too.