What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Worlds Strongest Pot - Australia

Chi13

ICMag Donor
So I found this article from 2013 saying that we have the strongest pot in the world with the strongest being a whopping 40%. Wonder what it is and where do you get it?

A new study by the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre indicates that Australian marijuana is by far the strongest in the world. In measures of THC content, much of the marijuana seized from people on the streets there contains an average of 15 percent THC, and can go as high as 40 percent THC.

Researchers were interested in where the Australian marijuana was grown, as location may have an effect on THC content. They found that regardless of indoor or outdoor cultivation, the marijuana coming from Australia's NSW region tended to have levels of THC that were out of control.

mcattak

So I found this article from 2013 saying that we have the strongest pot in the world with the strongest being a whopping 40%. Wonder what it is and where do you get it?

A new study by the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre indicates that Australian marijuana is by far the strongest in the world. In measures of THC content, much of the marijuana seized from people on the streets there contains an average of 15 percent THC, and can go as high as 40 percent THC.

Researchers were interested in where the Australian marijuana was grown, as location may have an effect on THC content. They found that regardless of indoor or outdoor cultivation, the marijuana coming from Australia's NSW region tended to have levels of THC that were out of control.

Funny

RED 1

What direct sunlight temps do plants grow under,when in NSW

Chi13

ICMag Donor
What direct sunlight temps do plants grow under,when in NSW
For a start I don't believe the 40% THC but you never know.

Australia is a huge country. NSW is a big state that has a warm humid climate in the North to a hot dryer climate in the South, and dry almost desert toward the interior. Where i lived near Sydney the temp could get to 45 C in the summer down to -6 C in the winter. In other words a lot of variation but great climate to grow pot outdoors between September and May/June.

RED 1

For a start I don't believe the 40% THC but you never know.

Australia is a huge country. NSW is a big state that has a warm humid climate in the North to a hot dryer climate in the South, and dry almost desert toward the interior. Where i lived near Sydney the temp could get to 45 C in the summer down to -6 C in the winter. In other words a lot of variation but great climate to grow pot outdoors between September and May/June.

Thank you my friend.Just have a feeling, under direct sunlight, temps have to be as high as 45C,watering,good soil, plants behave different, and,that a higher THC level might be achieved by a strain

Chi13

ICMag Donor
:biggrin:
:blowbubbles:
Some of the best pot I've had was grown in NSW, upper Hunter Valley near Tamworth.

Where do they grow better?

kickarse

The best shit I've had was in Vic, then daylight, SA and NSW about =
no one in QLD can grow pot, ,WA they smoke QLD pot, or they used too

:muahaha: its true tho, or it used to be

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Best Aussie pot from NSW and QLD (now that I live there).

We only used to get the vac packed mass produced SA pot when there was no local available. Don't think I've had anything from VIC or WA?

kickarse

Just smoked some 4 year old scraps that's better than anything I've grown/smoked since then

Only started buying seeds a few years ago, grown a lot of different strains from a lot of breeders since, all pot is good so probs there, found some really great gear, new for me anyway, Ace seeds are the go + CBG, no doubt there are others

Haven't found anything as good as I've got here yet, and that's not as good as what i used to have and lost (fuck it)

It all depends what ya like tho, everyone is different, indica's/affie's put me to sleep, the modern ones anyway, boring as fuck

:shark::shark::shark:

Last edited:

ozzieAI

Veteran
Just smoked some 4 year old scraps that's better than anything I've grown/smoked since then

Only started buying seeds a few years ago, grown a lot of different strains from a lot of breeders since, all pot is good so probs there, found some really great gear, new for me anyway, Ace seeds are the go + CBG, no doubt there are others

Haven't found anything as good as I've got here, and that's not as good as what i used to have and lost (fuck it)

It all depends what ya like tho, everyone is different, indica's/affie's put me to sleep, the modern ones anyway, boring as fuck

:shark::shark::shark:

..you are doing it wrong....

RED 1

from a covid free land i can openly say...fuck you (in the nicest possible way);)

you can keep your diseased pot in your isolated, locked down and hipster state...

Very interesting
Good weed,and,a healthy immune system

kickarse

..just messing around...

but i grow much better now with imported strains then i ever did with local seeds...and have consistency of quality across multiple strains...

Same here lol

Been pollen chucking for over 30 years lol
no idea what any of it is, it all came from OS probably

Got some MM ? from the 80s in there, PNG orange shit, some little killer indica/affie ? from the early 80s from the hippy tours OS

+ fuck knows lol, Thai's Thai's and more Thai's lol
African shit as well probably

Its all pot luck what comes up, most of the writing is long gone lol

Got half the ACE catalogue here, only a very small way thru it, hoping to find some gems, found one keeper so far, reminds me of the old shit

life is good

clearheaded

the lab in the province is the issue ;) remember there is also propaganda and cops involved.. u have a better case when soffisticated growers making mutant pot highest by far then any place in the entire world ever.. also to be able to say it will make u crazy as too potent. or the province produces concnetrates and it may not be a different thing to the cops there so they are testing hash. esp in a non flooded market where getting numbers matters. on the streets smell then looks and if 40% thc no room for fragrant oils in those trich lol so no reason for that to happen in commerical settings. that being said some wispy calyxed sativas with little stem one can imagine high thc %. but ya likely more concentrates in that part of oz. if folks were getting that much fire instgram is WW and anything 40% HAS to be pretty as far as trichs.