Thread Title Search
Orient Express x CBD#1 - Test Grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2020, 10:00 PM #1
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
Orient Express x CBD#1 - Test Grow

Hi Ace followers

I’m fortunate to have been passed these seeds to grow and test. The mix of both parents sounds like it’ll result in extremely interesting progeny. Anything that melds genetics from Vietnamese Black, China Yunnan, Erdpurt and Cannatonic, all in an f1 (I think it is anyway) hybrid, is going to be a treat.

I’ve grown Erdpurt and it’s crosses a few times, and also Cannatonic hybrids; but I’ve never grown Orient Express and have always wanted to. I’m hoping this hybrid will give a bountiful harvest of CBD rich encrusted flowers with an exotic aroma.

I’ve not been a super heavy smoker for some years now so something light, inspiring, creative, warm, happy, calming and social is what I’m hoping for in regards to the high. I know a few people who love the idea of smoking again but are afraid of the dreaded paranoia. The blend of these two parents might be exactly what they’ve been hoping for... I guess we’ll find out..

Popped two seeds and both sprouted in 48 hrs.
You can purchase this hybrid by emailing Ace. They’re an R+D project in the Ace catalogue so you’ll have to ask and instructions will be given on how to purchase. Anyone who’s got these and wants to join in then please do..

More to come when there’s something to see.

Cheers

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:55 PM #2
bsgospel

bsgospel has much to be proud ofbsgospel has much to be proud ofbsgospel has much to be proud ofbsgospel has much to be proud ofbsgospel has much to be proud ofbsgospel has much to be proud ofbsgospel has much to be proud ofbsgospel has much to be proud ofbsgospel has much to be proud ofbsgospel has much to be proud ofbsgospel has much to be proud of
Subbed. You'll crush this one.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-07-2020, 11:54 AM #3
dubi
Vendor

dubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivor
Thanks Kalbhairav for starting a thread about this new cross

I'm also very excited about its potential It was bred with the goal you mention: to blend in a single line the happy, warm, low anxious-low paranoid (yet THC rich) Orient Express sativa pheno with the also calming, low anxious-low paranoid qualities of CBD #1 seedline. I'm anticipating very interesting terpenes as well, and big yields.

Being a real F1 the first outcross between 2 different inbred lines, this cross should be probably labeled as a polyhybrid, because the Orient Express mother of the cross is already a F1, and the pollen donor is CBD #1 which is (semi) inbred.

Eager to follow the progress of your grow and learn from it! Best wishes!
dubi is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-20-2020, 12:00 PM #4
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

So still not much to see yet but the OE CBD are off to a decent start.

More to come..

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:37 AM #5
StrongTree

StrongTree has much to be proud ofStrongTree has much to be proud ofStrongTree has much to be proud ofStrongTree has much to be proud ofStrongTree has much to be proud ofStrongTree has much to be proud ofStrongTree has much to be proud ofStrongTree has much to be proud ofStrongTree has much to be proud ofStrongTree has much to be proud ofStrongTree has much to be proud of
Hi Kalbhairav best wishes on the OEcbd plants im planning a germinating this strain also... thanks for blazing the trail.
StrongTree is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:10 AM #6
dubi
Vendor

dubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivor
Looking fatty and cute Kalbhairav

Thanks also StrongTree for giving a try to this new cross!
dubi is offline Quote

Old 07-24-2020, 09:16 AM #7
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgospel View Post
Subbed. You'll crush this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubi View Post
Thanks Kalbhairav for starting a thread about this new cross

Eager to follow the progress of your grow and learn from it! Best wishes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongTree View Post
Hi Kalbhairav best wishes on the OEcbd plants im planning a germinating this strain also... thanks for blazing the trail.
Thank you all
@StrongTree
These two are the furthest along compared with the other regular plants I have in the tent. Plan is to flower from cutting so I’m going to be a little while yet before I come to see the fruits. You might of caught up by that point.
Kalbhairav is offline Quote

Old 07-24-2020, 04:18 PM #8
farmerlion

farmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant future
CBD#1 x Orient Express greenhouse plants

Kalbhairav, hey brother I hope you don't mind if I share my two CBD#1 x Orient Express here. I had just planted ungerminated seeds directly into my final grow bags. Some time later I had written dubi saying that they didn't come up. I felt it was to late to plant more. While being busy with other genetics, Hmmm what's going on here?

I had some seedlings peeking through the soil. Had I planted something else and forgot to put it in my notes? Damn it! Farmerlion what are these? OMG, I didn't do anything just forgot about them. Now I have these pretty ladies.

Dubi, my apologies for being impatient. When you plant germinated seeds you know in two or three days you will have seedlings. When you just drop in seeds you have no idea when nature will do it's thing. These are great genetics! I have two plants in a 45 gallon grow bag.
Peace farmerlion
farmerlion is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:48 PM #9
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Oh nice! They look very NLD leaning to me. Gives me a good idea of what to expect. Judging by your picture farmerlion I should prepare for stretchy plants!

Please keep notes here if you feel to

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:41 PM #10
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

So a little update..

I had a little trouble with the soil I reported the OE x CBD1 into. It was just a commercial garden centre soil and was stronger than I thought. Fed the plants a bit early and they didn’t love me for it.

Anyway.. they will soon have clones taken and the seed plants will be put to rest. I’ve got a bunch of regular seed I’m also growing along side these and want to start them all together. Need to sex the regular seed before flower etc.

Stay tuned

4 members found this post helpful.