What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Miicrobial Mass? "Microbial enhancer for plants"

Thesearch

Anyone here using this? They are giving "free" samples away if you pay for shipping right now in Canada. It seems something like Recharge from Scotty at the DGC, basically a microbial mix to make minerals in the soil bioavailable etc. I saw some growers on Instagram talking about it so decided to try it out. Haven't used it yet though. Be warned; they are marketed as being specific for cannabis and hemp production and will ship the sample in a very obvious package. Curious to hear anyone's experiences or thoughts

Attachments

• IMG_20200629_155104823.jpg
    IMG_20200629_155104823.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20200629_164428954.jpg
    IMG_20200629_164428954.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 52

Cvh

Supermod
The last couple of years everybody tries to jump on the organic train and tries to sell people bottled stuff as if it's hydro with its million and one supplements.

Better is that people learn how to proper grow Organic and get their growstuff just at their local regular garden store or just acquire it 'locally'.

Just my 2 cents.

Tynehead Tom

sounds like something similar to Hygrozyme ?

I use Hygrozyme in my organic mix along with molasses. Hygrozyme boosts the beneficial microbes/enzymes n stuff and the molasses feeds it all. Plants seem to love it.

Maple_Flail

damn that stuff is expensive... and so far i can't find anything that it does that good LAB and SST doesn't. use with a nice microbe minded approach (they need to eat too eh? mix more carbons so they have a buffer)

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
damn that stuff is expensive... and so far i can't find anything that it does that good LAB and SST doesn't. use with a nice microbe minded approach (they need to eat too eh? mix more carbons so they have a buffer)
Try eBay, AU$45 for 150g, AU$150 for 750g. :wave:

Maple_Flail

imho..

20 bux for a good root zone innoculant, 50-70 bux on a EM-1 product, and like 5 bux in malted barley will get me MUCH MUCH farther.

Cvh

Supermod
ACT is like free. It contains even more beneficial organisms then all those bottles and powders.

At least look into Aerated Compost Tea before ordering any of those products.

Here is Microbeman his world famous page about the subject.
https://microbeorganics.com/

And also Google a bit about it.

Cvh

Supermod
^I have outdoor compost bins, they don't need to have any microbe/Mycorrhizae products added to them.

Thesearch

Thanks for the replies everyone. I usually try to do some compost teas but haven't got it set up yet.

What is LAB? I'm reading about sprouted seed tea now thanks!

Golden Tree

I received several free samples from grow store buddies...

I didn’t notice anything.....

No benefits....No harm or set backs....

Full living soil KNF probiotics....loads of fresh living amendments....

That might be why!

Agree....there’s other ways to boost microbiology and uptake....

But in a pinch I’m sure it’s like most similar products...

Thesearch

I started a list for a soil activating fert: feel free to share thoughts, I'm new to this part.

-Diastatic Malted barley (enzymes activate minerals, supposed 15% faster flowering)

-Kelp meal (wide mineral source without too much nitrogen or potassium which lower THC levels in flower)

-Humic/fulvic acids (mineral activator via chelation)

-silicic acid (mineral activator via chelation and ideal silica boost to prevent all diseases, especially mold/mildew. Ideally not used too late in flower as it really toughens up plant material.)

-Miicrobial Mass/Recharge/hygrozyme/**DIY lactic acid bacteria cultures** (bacteria etc which activate minerals via enzymes)

-Molasses/sugar (to keep the bacterias alive and feed bacteria/funghi in soil. Can also make the cannabis taste sweeter)

I might buy some recharge, and mix it with the Miicrobial Mass, some molasses and distilled water and see if I can't just keep those bacterias going. Theoretically at least, they could be continued like they were my own lactic acid bacteria? Not sure I have the time to experiment with making my own bacteria right now, but that's the way to go long term it seems.

Wiggy-Smalls

I actually grabbed the sample bottle. I cant say it helped or hurt, I noticed no difference and I used it on my blueberry muffin cut that I know in and out. Price tag vs. Visible benefit = I'm keeping my lucky nickels.

mango420

More unneeded shit in a fancy bottle sold for stupid money. Jumping on the myco hype train, ive used great white and some others, honestly cant tell a difference.With the price of flower these days most larger growers are trying to cut nute costs, not add more to the monthly bill.

Mattbho

This stuff is pricey but it will add 10% to your numbers . .5ml per liter every 2 weeks . Its a no brainer for me. 100$ approx for an extra 3 or 4 oz consistently