Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Help plz plants not under control

Thread Title Search
Help plz plants not under control Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2020, 09:15 PM #1
Melamarcia1975

Melamarcia1975 is on a distinguished road
Help plz plants not under control

Hy guys

I'm a newbie and are growing some "Banana Krumble" and as you can see my plants are growing too much and I have to cut a lot because otherwise they will be visibile from the street...

How would you folks cut them in order to avoid loosing too much harvest?

Thanks and greetings from Italy ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200625_175321.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	538989
Melamarcia1975 is offline Quote

Old 06-27-2020, 10:51 PM #2
Melamarcia1975

I did IT this way, for sure there could have been smarter alternativez
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200627_205347.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	539109

Old 06-27-2020, 11:24 PM #3
Fixer

Fixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud of
If you still in veg. you can top them. Probably cut them down to as few as three or four nodes or train them to grow lower by tying the branches down to their pots. It's hard to really screw them up. They are very forgiving plants.

Old 06-28-2020, 12:26 PM #4
Creeperpark

Creeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of light
I used string and tied down the tops, instead of cutting the tops. Everytime you top a plant you delay the flowering a couple of weeks. For fast flowering tops, just train them by pulling the tops way down and tie them to the base of the plant. Go slow at first, to allow the plants to adjust to the bend. Bend the first day then a little each day until your plants are low. Hey your plants look really good you are doing a very nice job.
Creeperpark is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:36 PM #5
moses wellfleet
Super Moderator

moses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivor
LST low stress training. That is the route I would go, not a fan of excessive cutting myself, although that will also work. You still have plenty time to come up with a plan

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:42 PM #6
Cvh

Cvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivor
You can barely see them how you planted them. I doubt anybody could spot them.
The street is behind them, correct? Behind the hedge/bush plants?

But if you are concerned then keep them just low as posted above by others.
Cvh is offline Quote

Old 06-28-2020, 04:41 PM #7
Fixer

Fixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud of
It's hard to see but I bent all of the uppermost branches about 180 degrees to keep them away from the lights. I've also looked at something called the Tip Pot https://tip-pot.com/ which might help in your case.

BTW you should be as concerned about odor as being able to see the plants.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3771.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	539193

Last edited by Fixer; 06-28-2020 at 05:04 PM..
Fixer is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:23 AM #8
Melamarcia1975

Hy guys thanks for your kind advices, I'll bend them down.

I know the plants don't seem likely to be spotted (and there is the garden between the hedge and the Street) but in 2003 I got busted with 2 huge "White Rose" which grew in the same location (the hedge was 4m high at the time), it's a very small town and People talk a lot, and remember.

At the time I was finally acquitted in the second instance and it was recreational use, now I have an illness (MS) which justifies weed use, but in case the Police makes a visit I will loose the crop in any case even though criminal charges would be pretty unlikely. Italian justice is very unpredictable, which, several years ago helped tremendously??

Old 06-29-2020, 02:11 AM #9
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivor
best of wishes for a successful grow

Old 06-29-2020, 04:14 AM #10
voidpainter

Cut those tops down a couple of nodes, maybe 3, 4. You’ll get bushes this way, lower branches will catch up in size before your “old” tops start growing normal again. Keep in mind you still have a month of veg and 2 weeks of stretch ahead of you. Dont be afraid to take a lot.

Make bushes, cut off those tops, bend branches closer to the ground to make them wider and free up the middle space of the plants for more tops. They will double or triple in size before they really start budding. Dont be afraid to cut it heavily. They take it well outdoors.

Give them some kelp, aloe, yucca, aminoacids or similar right after to keep them stress free. Foliar works well.