What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help plz plants not under control

Melamarcia1975

Hy guys

I'm a newbie and are growing some "Banana Krumble" and as you can see my plants are growing too much and I have to cut a lot because otherwise they will be visibile from the street...

How would you folks cut them in order to avoid loosing too much harvest?

Thanks and greetings from Italy ?

Attachments

• 20200625_175321.jpg
    20200625_175321.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 21

Fixer

If you still in veg. you can top them. Probably cut them down to as few as three or four nodes or train them to grow lower by tying the branches down to their pots. It's hard to really screw them up. They are very forgiving plants. :tiphat:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I used string and tied down the tops, instead of cutting the tops. Everytime you top a plant you delay the flowering a couple of weeks. For fast flowering tops, just train them by pulling the tops way down and tie them to the base of the plant. Go slow at first, to allow the plants to adjust to the bend. Bend the first day then a little each day until your plants are low. Hey your plants look really good you are doing a very nice job.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
LST low stress training. That is the route I would go, not a fan of excessive cutting myself, although that will also work. You still have plenty time to come up with a plan :)

Cvh

Supermod
You can barely see them how you planted them. I doubt anybody could spot them.
The street is behind them, correct? Behind the hedge/bush plants?

But if you are concerned then keep them just low as posted above by others.

Fixer

It's hard to see but I bent all of the uppermost branches about 180 degrees to keep them away from the lights. I've also looked at something called the Tip Pot https://tip-pot.com/ which might help in your case. :tiphat:

BTW you should be as concerned about odor as being able to see the plants.

Attachments

• IMG_3771.jpg
    IMG_3771.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Melamarcia1975

Hy guys thanks for your kind advices, I'll bend them down.

I know the plants don't seem likely to be spotted (and there is the garden between the hedge and the Street) but in 2003 I got busted with 2 huge "White Rose" which grew in the same location (the hedge was 4m high at the time), it's a very small town and People talk a lot, and remember.

At the time I was finally acquitted in the second instance and it was recreational use, now I have an illness (MS) which justifies weed use, but in case the Police makes a visit I will loose the crop in any case even though criminal charges would be pretty unlikely. Italian justice is very unpredictable, which, several years ago helped tremendously??

V

voidpainter

Cut those tops down a couple of nodes, maybe 3, 4. You’ll get bushes this way, lower branches will catch up in size before your “old” tops start growing normal again. Keep in mind you still have a month of veg and 2 weeks of stretch ahead of you. Dont be afraid to take a lot.

Make bushes, cut off those tops, bend branches closer to the ground to make them wider and free up the middle space of the plants for more tops. They will double or triple in size before they really start budding. Dont be afraid to cut it heavily. They take it well outdoors.

Give them some kelp, aloe, yucca, aminoacids or similar right after to keep them stress free. Foliar works well.

Melamarcia1975

So, I've started bending some tops down. Step by Step, cause MS-related fatigue is a big problem... I'll never grow outdoors again, instead I'll switch to indoor (hydroponic).
In the backyard I am growing three others (2 Sweet Valley Kush and 1 Banana Krumble) but the soil is quite bad and they don't look very good

Attachments

• 20200629_194620.jpg
    20200629_194620.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200629_194423.jpg
    20200629_194423.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 20
V

voidpainter

They look good man, a bit lanky tho, probably less daily sun exposure.

Till the soil around the base of the plant a little if you think its bad, throw some organic pellets in there, cover with vermicompost. Cheap and neat. Should be good for the season.

Fixer

You might want to move indoors on this grow. LEDs are very affordable and don't throw nearly as much heat as incandescent and fluorescent bulbs.

Melamarcia1975

Hy guys,

as the plants now seem under contro and out of sight, I'm getting worried about the smell, as someone before already suggested.
Behind the backyard there is a small street, and it is cause of concern.
If I could turn back time I would have grown Blue Mystic and NL, but now my strains are Banana Krumble and Sweet Valley Kush (Greenhouse Seeds).
I thought about using manure, but I fear that would be disturbing for neighbours.
I think it is too late to grow plants to conceal the weed smell...
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20200706_210226.jpg
    20200706_210226.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 20200707_193835.jpg
    20200707_193835.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 20200707_194929.jpg
    20200707_194929.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 22

Fixer

Move them indoors or buy a plant that smell more and set it between the street and your plants. :chin:

Melamarcia1975

Which plant do you suggest?

By moving them indoor you mean taking clones I suppose, as they are not in pots....

Have a nice day ;-)