What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lighting question

*GreenMachine*

Hey everyone, I’m trying to set a friend up for a temporary hit and run indoor setup to get 1 run in before he moves. It’s going to be nothing fancy. The space is 7 feet long by a little of 3 feet wide by roughly 7 feet high. It’s in an underground cement basement(helps keep cool) There isn’t going to be any exhaust fans other than a small fan to circulate air(there will be a small a/c in the basement but no in the actual grow room part of the basement) 18 plants. Do you think a 600 hps will get too hot for this setup? And other recommendations on lighting(we are trying to do this on the cheap for a hit and run before setting up his new house the right way and I’m paying) any recommendations on lighting please speak up...thank you. :)

Fixer

I'd run LEDs. Even then you may have temp issues without some type of cooling. I'm using a couple of Forever Green Indoors FGI Uniformity Pro fixtures. They are still using older tech for diodes which you can also buy for considerably less money direct from China through alibaba. Search for Kingbright if you go there.

Fixer

HLG's Quantum boards are great but strip lighting gives you better light distribution.

Cmoon

youve got to exhaust somewhere m8 or the odour will end up in the property.

with a fan youd be good with a 600, id run 600x400 in winter months but do not neglect odour control and replenishing stale air with fresh.

cmoon

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey man as Cmoon says... FRom what you describe the lighting would be my least worry.
Even if you are running a sealed room with CO2 you will still need to vent from time to time and it does sound like without the sealed approach you plants will not get enough fresh CO2 in general as long as you don't put in a good cfm amount of intake and exhaust venting.
That said the Mars lights are quite good, haven't tried any of the others yet...

All the best and good luck
CC

*GreenMachine*

How about a 400 watt hps and a 300 watt led together? Will that be enough for the space do you think? I have both those from old spots that currently aren’t being used atm as these days personally they don’t come close to my production goals with my own projects....this is just a little partnership on the cheap spot that popped up until he gets his next house where we will go semi big(4-5 bedrooms done right)

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
SP3000 sold very fast. It was out of stock in USA and Germany now.

Many people begin to make preorder now.