What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post Covid19 and legalisation?

Big Eggy

Veteran
As a country we're probably heading for an economic downturn.. funny how these things seem to follow a 10 to 15 year cycle, I'd not have envisioned a virus being the cause of the next big slump.

The government has pumped a lot of money into the economy with the various schemes tobusiness running but it's gonna want that money back. What's they solution? I've heard people say VAT at 30% and God only know what other tricks they may have up their sleeves with cuts to public spending.

Now we could scrap trident.. bit that money has already been spent and mostly underpinned by the power generation industry anyhow.

But here's a thought... Legalisation for recreational use of cannabis and maybe some other soft drugs that could be taxed and take the money from organised crime and diverted to HMRC.

It's seems a no brainer... Am I missing something?

mr.brunch

Veteran
In my humble opinion
They’d lose all their ‘donations’ from the large drug companies.
Some people are very afraid of other people growing their own medicine- and them losing profit.
Always money at the root of it
Otherwise, as you say - it’s a no brainier, and I don’t believe they are actually stupid.

madalasatori

Veteran
It’s a can of worms for politicians and the logistics of it would be a nightmare (see Canada). For that reason alone I can’t see it happening. On top of that there will be too much going on re Brexit and the recession.

I think covid will delay legalisation

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
As a country we're probably heading for an economic downturn.. funny how these things seem to follow a 10 to 15 year cycle, I'd not have envisioned a virus being the cause of the next big slump.

The government has pumped a lot of money into the economy with the various schemes tobusiness running but it's gonna want that money back. What's they solution? I've heard people say VAT at 30% and God only know what other tricks they may have up their sleeves with cuts to public spending.

Now we could scrap trident.. bit that money has already been spent and mostly underpinned by the power generation industry anyhow.

But here's a thought... Legalisation for recreational use of cannabis and maybe some other soft drugs that could be taxed and take the money from organised crime and diverted to HMRC.

It's seems a no brainer... Am I missing something?
We're legalized in the GWN. I grow my own medicine. So that's cool. Outside of that, that 5 letter word pops up. Starts with G and end with D.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Sorry I'm shit at crosswords, anyone give me a clue 5 letters, St-rats with G and end with D.?

Cloneman

Veteran
gadidgagedgamedgapedgatedgazedgelidgeoidgibedgivedglandgleedgluedgonadgooldgoredgourdgrandgreedgrindgruedguardguildguyedgybedgyeldgyredgyved

GerardCyklop

You are right about the economic cycle. I believe in this theory, and if you study modern history, you will see that after each economic boom, there always comes a crisis.

GerardCyklop

By the way, I think that COVID19 is just a good excuse for the government, and they can increase VAT by 30% and do some other stuff to improve the economy.

GerardCyklop

By the way, I think that COVID19 is just a good excuse for the government, and they can increase VAT by 30% and do some other stuff to improve the economy. Even my boss was scared that COVID19 will somehow affect the financial situation of the company. Surprisingly for him, we performed well even when everyone has been working from home. When we returned from the lockdown, we found a way on how to rearrange an office for social distancing and to prevent spreading the corona. I know that the pandemic affected some companies, but not all companies. A lot of companies suffer because of the lack of labor force now. I know a few organizations where some valuable employees got corona, and the whole organization is suffering without them.

RudeDog

Veteran
By the way, I think that COVID19 is just a good excuse for the government, and they can increase VAT by 30% and do some other stuff to improve the economy.

All the benefits of brexit we were promised will help to soften the blow to the economy caused by Covid I'm sure.

Latest posts

Latest posts