Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Strawberry Hill Gardens 2020

Thread Title Search
Strawberry Hill Gardens 2020 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2020, 02:04 AM #1
Tynehead Tom

Tynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond repute
Strawberry Hill Gardens 2020

Haven't done a grow thread in a while but planting season is finally here at 52N in the Strawberry Patch and my ladies are raring to go.

I've been using my variation of the Tom Hill basic recipe for the past 2 seasons with great success and have mixed up a double batch this year and adding Oyster Shell.
I mixed the ingredients a couple weeks ago on a large black tarp and watered it in then heaped it to one side and covered it with the rest of the tarp. Been mostly overcast and cool here so I am 4 days behind schedule compared to previous seasons.
The Mix :
6 x 56liter bags of Black Gold enriched potting soil
1 bale Promix HP
3 bags composted Sheep manure (doubled up)
33 pounds of organic steamed Bone Meal (doubled up)
1/3 of a large bag of Perlite
10 + pounds of Granulated Canadian Gypsum(doubled up)
4 pounds Dolopril (doubled up)
**added 4 pounds Canadian crushed Oyster Shell
and approx. 110 gallons of used soil from the 2 holes in the greenhouse which makes this a double batch.
So that will make for approx. 220 gallons of mixed soil.
To that I watered in a 55 gallon mix of Hygrozyme (20ml per gallon), Crosby's Black Strap Molasses (7.5ml per gallon) and Sea Storm (20ml per gallon)…… then covered and let it cook for a couple weeks.

Today I am filling the two 60 gallon holes in the ground and will divide the rest of the mix for containers.

what am I growing with all this soil you ask????

OGKB 2.0
SFvalley Breath
Grandma's Hashplant
Fire Alien Kush
Biker Kush V1 F2
Darlins Net
Original Glue
Original Glue S1
Old Grandpa Scratch
Gorilla Thug
Gorilla Bubble BX3
Gorilla Banana
Purple Lazerlite
Long Valley Royal Kush #7
Long Valley Royal Kush F10
Bubba Royale
P98 Bubba Kush S1
SixGun

I think that covers it LOL

stay tuned for pics n shit

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2020, 06:34 AM #2
Tynehead Tom

Tynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond repute
I know..... this thread is useless without pics.....haha

so let's get this started

mixing on tarps is sure handy. This is 1/2 of the mix, the other half is already in the holes in the ground

greenhouse get's cramped and seeing as I'm legal for 56 outdoor plants , I need a bit more room. Still a small greenhouse but for the size of plants I do it's adequate. Framing in for a door and will be framing above the door for an exhaust fan.

here's one of the 55 to 60 gallon holes in the ground that have worked quite well the past couple seasons so will use them again. Filled them with fresh mix and watered them in.

and the wooden frame I built last year so I can scrog the plants I put in the holes. I also use that frame to support the light dep tarps I use to get the big plants flowering when I need them too.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2020, 06:40 AM #3
Tynehead Tom

and the plants.....
All these have been prevegged indoors and will get potted to larger pots in the coming days.

and the ones still inside waiting eagerly for larger pots and sunshine

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2020, 08:45 AM #4
Mars Hydro Led
Garden Partner

Mars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivor
looks very interesting. subbed.
Mars Hydro Led is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2020, 08:37 PM #5
Tynehead Tom

Growing quality cannabis outside with 9 to 11 week flowering times is a challenge where I'm at even with a greenhouse. I've done pretty basic setups in the past but this style of greenhouse handles the snow load and spring storms just fine. We are clearing part of our property for a 60x 20 x 15 high commercial style greenhouse but it's a time and money thing so we are chipping away at it.
Frosts come in early/mid September here and this year we had snow on the ground at the end of april. Heck the ice wasn't off the lake till 2nd week of may LOL
So as you see, I face some challenges up here at 52N western Canada.

This year I will be paying close attention to ventilation and odor control so once that is figured and installed I'll post some pics.

got the 2.0 into her new 60 gallon hole and gonna transplant the grandma's hashplant into the other 60 gallon hole. Both are haggard moms held over all winter.
3 of the varieties I popped from seed that are still indoors are Gorilla Thug, Bubba Royale and Mendo Scout. I made these beans so this a test grow of sorts. Also in the mix is the Darlin's Net -Six Gun cut which is a plant a friend found in some darlins net F2 seeds I made a couple years ago.

anyhow...… I usually put on a good show so grab the front row seats while you can hehehe

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2020, 09:59 PM #6
Chunkypigs
have clones, will travel...

Chunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivor
Good luck this season!!!
Chunkypigs is offline Quote

Old 06-16-2020, 05:14 AM #7
Tynehead Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkypigs View Post
Good luck this season!!!
thanx man

Gonna harvest my last indoor run (till fall)in a couple weeks that has 2 females each of Pimp juice, SFValley Breath and Scoutbreath
I'll drop some pics in your 2.0 thread

Old 06-16-2020, 07:25 AM #8
gorilla ganja

gorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to behold
Best of luck this season TT. Look's like an incredible line up this year. I hope mother nature co-operates with some nice weather for a change here in the north.

Peace GG
gorilla ganja is offline Quote

Old 06-16-2020, 05:22 PM #9
Tynehead Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla ganja View Post
Best of luck this season TT. Look's like an incredible line up this year. I hope mother nature co-operates with some nice weather for a change here in the north.

Peace GG
thanx man
ya this season is starting out much like last year with very unsettled weather. Last year we had snow and sub zero temps in June right around now actually. This year is a bit warmer but lots of winds and rain showers with a few torrential down pours.
I think I'm set up pretty good to hit my 4 pound target again but we'll see how mother nature rolls the dice.

will get some pics later but the OGKB 2.0 and Grandma's HP are transplanted from 3 gallons to 60 gallons ….. can't wait to blow these two up into the scrog frames

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-16-2020, 05:46 PM #10
Bmac1

Bmac1 has a reputation beyond reputeBmac1 has a reputation beyond reputeBmac1 has a reputation beyond reputeBmac1 has a reputation beyond reputeBmac1 has a reputation beyond reputeBmac1 has a reputation beyond reputeBmac1 has a reputation beyond reputeBmac1 has a reputation beyond reputeBmac1 has a reputation beyond reputeBmac1 has a reputation beyond reputeBmac1 has a reputation beyond repute
Pulling up a seat. Nice setup Tom.
First Organic Run - Done
Organics Round 2 - Done
Karma Genetics SourA5Haze - Done
Current Diary
Bmac1 is online now Quote