What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Curled leaves

caesarjr

I have taken a look at all of the curled leaves threads and I am having a problem identifying the issue I have. It is an outdoor grow. The plants have been in the containers since April 22. I grow in these containers every year. The plants are now about 2.5 ft tall and were doing well until about 10 days ago. They developed curling and some brown areas. We did have some very hot days (low 90's) in that timeframe so maybe it is heat stress? I would appreciate any guidance anyone has. Thanks.

Attachments

• Cannabis leave problem 1.jpg
    Cannabis leave problem 1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 25
  • Cannabis leave problem 2.jpg
    Cannabis leave problem 2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Cannabis leave problem 3.jpg
    Cannabis leave problem 3.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Cannabis leave problem 4.jpg
    Cannabis leave problem 4.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 24

caesarjr

Is it possible to get photos of the whole plant?
A sunburnt bud here and there doesn't give the complete picture of issues

Sorry, those were 4 pictures from 4 different plants. It is basically just the new growth that appears to have an issue. I have attached 2 photos from two different plants. I do have an issue with thrips that I am dealing with. One of the downfalls of living in the California redwoods!

Attachments

• Cannabis plant issue 1.jpg
    Cannabis plant issue 1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Cannabis plant issue 2.jpg
    Cannabis plant issue 2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 20

RED 1

Sorry, those were 4 pictures from 4 different plants. It is basically just the new growth that appears to have an issue. I have attached 2 photos from two different plants. I do have an issue with thrips that I am dealing with. One of the downfalls of living in the California redwoods!

Thanks C.
Direct sunlight, high temps propably a bit of under watering
They need time to heal naturally, shade
Shade,away from sun, no nutrients and a few days for new growth to appear by just watering
:)

caesarjr

It looks like it was probably heat related due to the very hot days we had. New growth is looking great. Thanks.

V

voidpainter

Might implement yucca powder or aloe vera juice/powder into foliar or drench. Will help with the heat stress. You could also benefit from any kelp product too.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Shade the containers and water until you get just a tiny bit of water to come out the bottom of the container. Your plants are heat stressed and the soil is not holding enough water between waterings. Your plants look good and should come back quick with shaded pots.

Latest posts

Latest posts