Good day beautiful people. I generally tend to shut down over summer due to heat, vacations and just a break. Being unemployed for the first time in a long time has me with time on my hands so I figured I would do another run. I have been posting on IG but did want to keep active here as well as I am grateful to this community, the people, the knowledge etc.
So I had recently finished up a test run for Karma on the SourA5Haze and still had 2 cuts, the only 2 that rooted. After smoking more of this batch, I decided to let one of them go and have kept the other and am running it on my deck this summer in 7 gallon pot of my new mix.
The new mix is very similar to the previous one and I just wanted to have some soil. The compost is a new brand to me and I have used the ewc once before. The ewc is not my preferred brand but it was all I could find. It is a diverse mix with a base of compost/ewc and peat along with aeration in the form of pumice, biochar and the extra perlite in the pro mix hp. Then the amendments included neem, kelp, alfalfa, fish bone meal, crab shell meal, feather meal, granular humid acid, dry molasses, sul po mag, rock phosphate, basalt, azomite, glacial rock dust, calcium bentonite and I may even be forgetting some things.
This mix got a tea initially and then sat for about 6 weeks. The compost smelled a bit manure like at first but that did fade. The mix seemed a touch hot for some new cuttings but they settled in quickly as did the SourA5Haze on the deck.