What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Calling all Nutrient Nerds.. Let's hear what you think!

Wow, it's been years since I posted here... wonder if the same dudes I was watching in 2006-2009 are still around!

I am a raw salts guy and have been playing around for years..

I am curious of your ULTIMATE mix for cannabis.. down to the last micro..

We can talk in ppm (the good old 100-100-200) or however you like!

Let hear what your running, and most importantly why..

Nitrogen Total (N)

Phosphorus (P)

Potassium (K)

Magnesium (Mg)

Sulfur (S)

Calcium (Ca)

Iron (Fe)

Boron (B)

Manganese (Mn)

Zinc (Zn)

Molybdenum (Mo)

Sodium (Na)

Copper (Cu)

Chlorine Cl

Cobalt Co

Silicon (Si)

Selenium (Se)

BillFarthing

Veteran
Cool thread! I am running 120 NO3- (12 NH4+)-40-150-50-150-60-2.8 with chelated micros from CHN and Mr. Fulvic (fulvic, aminos, organic acids, trace minerals) after speaking with a couple of agronomists. I run it 550-750 ppm, taper week 7 and flush until done. I've never had yields like this before.

Mr. fulvic has chelation, micros and an iron boost, but here's the deets on CHN chelated micros (run at 0.1g/gal.:

Cu: 0.1%
Fe: 7.0%
Mn: 2.0%
Mo: 0.06%
Zn: 0.4%

Last edited:
Cool thread! I am running 120 NO3- (12 NH4+)-40-150-50-150-60-2.8 with chelated micros from CHN and Mr. Fulvic (fulvic, aminos, organic acids, trace minerals) after speaking with a couple of agronomists. I run it 550-750 ppm, taper week 7 and flush until done. I've never had yields like this before.

Mr. fulvic has chelation, micros and an iron boost, but here's the deets on CHN chelated micros (run at 0.1g/gal.:

Are you running this right through from start to finish?

Gruru

jacks 123 system , super easy i keep it at around 800 ppm
the only additives i use are advanced nut. ancient earth , humic and fulvics
An initial dose of myco jordans pro mycorrhizae

The plants were healthy and happy before bu with the ancient earth additive there super thriving

Attachments

• gellato33xtrop2.jpg
    gellato33xtrop2.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 51

starke

Jacks 5-12-26 and Calcium Nitrate. Nothing else. Simple, cost effective and produces great results. I'm sure this is not the type of response you are looking for as this is not a custom nute profile, but Jacks is why I don't have to be a nutrient nerd.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Are you running this right through from start to finish?

Yes, I am doing 4-1-5 start to finish with fulvic acid. I have to bump up the ppm with coco, but the plants always tell you what they need.

If using RO water, I also do GLOW's cal-mag (5-20ml/gal. depending on LED, CO2, VPD, etc.):
-Measure out 750 ml RO water
-Add 4 grams calcium chloride and stir until fully dissolved
-Add 6 grams magnesium nitrate and stir until fully dissolved
-Add 23 grams calcium nitrate and stir until fully dissolved
-Top up to 1 liter

NO3-33.8
Mg-5.6
Ca-52.6
Cl-24

Metalosate calcium and cytokinin dominant kelp as a foliar pre-flip.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Jack's classic hydro and HydroFeed with a calcium foliar before flip are a great approximation of what I do.

Tissue tests from Advanced Nutrients of all people.

Primary, secondary and micro nutrient use through flower. You can use the same 4-1-5 fertilizer with a foliar calcium bump pre-transition to mimic these uptake graphs.

And a start-to-finish nutrient lineup from CHN.

Now do you understand why the hydroponics store with their $60 bottles of bloom boosters and kelp are a rip off?

Last edited:
Jacks 5-12-26 and Calcium Nitrate. Nothing else. Simple, cost effective and produces great results. I'm sure this is not the type of response you are looking for as this is not a custom nute profile, but Jacks is why I don't have to be a nutrient nerd.

I used Jacks 3-2 for many years, never found the epson salts necessary. On side by side tests I noticed no difference

And Idea what the profile of jacks 3-2-1 is? Just curious

When you say "120 NO3- (12 NH4+)-40-150-50-150-60-2.8" What is the NPK order here? N P K mag cal ? ?

BillFarthing

Veteran
When you say "120 NO3- (12 NH4+)-40-150-50-150-60-2.8" What is the NPK order here? N P K mag cal ? ?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]120 NO3- (12 NH4+)-40 P-150 K-150 Ca- 50 Mg-60 S-2.8 Fe[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Sorry, I was just reading down the line with Hydrobuddy. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here are nutrient recommendation by growth stage for determinant tomatoes, which is the basis for cannabis formulations.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here is a guideline on EC and environment from Cultured Solutions. I peak EC week 6, taper week 7 and flush longer for anything other than DWC.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Last edited:

eyesdownchronic

Nice Thread!

I'm shooting for about 200-50-200, 200Ca, 60Mg, 60S in veg.

250-150-250. 220 Ca, 80 Mg, 120S in peak flower.

Drop off to about 100-100-200 for the end.

USing Jacks 5-12-26 and CaNO3. Also made a little KPO4 +MAP blend as a p boost, and KSO4 / MgSO4 sulfate boost to supplement.

Would love some feedback.

eyesdownchronic

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]120 NO3- (12 NH4+)-40 P-150 K-150 Ca- 50 Mg-60 S-2.8 Fe[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Sorry, I was just reading down the line with Hydrobuddy. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here are nutrient recommendation by growth stage for determinant tomatoes, which is the basis for cannabis formulations.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73546&pictureid=1999386View Image
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here is a guideline on EC and environment from Cultured Solutions. I peak EC week 6, taper week 7 and flush longer for anything other than DWC.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image [/FONT]

Great base info to use as a standard guide.

However, may need to be adjusted slightly as I imagine numbers are intended as a constant liquid feed. Which would mean they require less nutrients per "feeding".

mackdx

Thanks, Absolem

I've taken a little different approach that I home someone will be willing to critique
I start with Dyna Gro Grow and introduce some additives to try to add some things I think are lacking in DG such as S, Ca, and Mg.

Dyna Grow Grow @ 5ml/gallon
1 g/gal Epsom Salt
0.5 g/gal Calcium nitrate
0.5 g/gal Potassium Sulfate
0.75 g/gal Calcium sulfate

If I have done my math correctly, I end up with the following in ppm

N 141
P 68
K 128.5
Ca 105
Mg 34.5
S 157.25
Fe 1.7275
Zn 0.8638
B 0.3455
Cu 0.8636
Mo 0.01555
Mn 0.8638
Co 0.0259

I am starting with RO water that is about 178ppm after processing (I don't have a product water analysis, so I don't know what constitutes the ppm).

Once I mix up a 5 gal bucket of feed with the above ratios, I then water it down to about 1.2ec for feeding. I was growing in Pro Mix, but am moving back to coco DTW, as I think it is more productive for me.

Anyone see issues with my mix? Anything I can do better? Math wrong?

MrMMJ

Thanks, Absolem

I am starting with RO water that is about 178ppm after processing (I don't have a product water analysis, so I don't know what constitutes the ppm
/quote]

178ppm ? You're either waaaay overdue for an RO membrane change, or hooked it up backwards....

mackdx

Nope

My well starts at about 8.4 ec out of the hole. Salt, manganese, calcium, iron, hydrogen sulfide, amongst other things. I run it through a 2x 4040 membrane system, then through a calcite upflow filter to correct pH and that's what I have to live with.

MrMMJ

Wow, 8.4 is unheard of ! What level are you able to get that down to prior to the RO ? You must go through a lot of membranes.... What is your ec after the RO, compared to after the calcite ? I'm curious how much calcarb is being added.