What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3x3 Closet Grow

DoloDankness

Hey everybody this is going to be a documentation of my small closet grow. I have multiple strains already started, some doing much better than others. The strains I am growing are listed as below

3x Unnamed Autoflower
2x Chewy Runtz (Runtz x Jello Jigglers)- Kre8Genetics
2x Lemon Up *Fem (Mac "Lemon Pheno" x Everything Cookies)
1x Topanga Canyon Pure Kush S1 x 4DD- People Under the Stairs
1x Cookies- Bag seed
1x King Louis XIII x Cherry Pie- Unknown

The reason that I have so many going at the moment is because the first four beans I planted have been stuck in stasis for about a month now and nothing I have been doing is making anything better. So for now I am just letting it go, not watering it just checking the coco everyday to see the moisture levels. I believe that's where I messed up in the beginning, I overwatered way too much and the plants still haven't been able to bounce back yet. Any suggestions to what I should do? Just let them be? Rip em out? Obviously I should stop watering which I have but I still haven't seen much of any progress from any plants.

The autos were popped weeks after these and they are already bigger than them. Kind of disappointed in in myself but hey everybody messes it up on their first go lol.

Right now I have all of the plants under a Mars Hydro 300W LED. I just ordered a 1000w LED with Samsung chips online hoping that will help my bud production in flower. Most of the plants are in Coco but the Kre8 strains I decided to go back to ole reliable which for me was Fox Farm Happy Frog.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
good move starting a new thread dolo'

so you had a few plants growing in coco for a month but they just kind of stalled out?
what are the autos growing in?
no need to be down on yourself! you're well on your way

DoloDankness

The autos are in the same coco that the stalled plants are in except for one thing, I amended the first four pots with some of Dr. Earths seed starting Fert... I think that was the bad idea. Lmao. Another thing is the autos have only been watered with distilled water and the others were first watered with dechlorinated tap water pH'd down to 6.4-.6.5.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
that sucks about the plants not doing too much, but im sure you can do better
how close is your light and what are your temps like in the closet?
do the containers with the coco have holes in them?
coco is a really good draining medium , how do you water them
like you mentioned in your other thread, you might want to consider culling your plants down to just a few for now
also you might want to repot them into better containers and just go with the happy frog mix

my man smooth! good to see you
you had a few other great growers responding to your introduction thread man
maybe you want to steer them to this one here dolo', so all the knowledge can be in one place for you

Grula

If in doubt, always go back to basics. Basics in this setting is soil, 70 degrees temp 55% humidity and enough water to keep the humidity, and as always don't overvater The second knuckle is a good rule.
Your index finger should be dry up to your second knuckle on your finger, don't water before you are that dry. low or none nutrients for a week or two, and then it is like womens underwear less is more-

DoloDankness

that sucks about the plants not doing too much, but im sure you can do better
how close is your light and what are your temps like in the closet?
do the containers with the coco have holes in them?
coco is a really good draining medium , how do you water them
like you mentioned in your other thread, you might want to consider culling your plants down to just a few for now
also you might want to repot them into better containers and just go with the happy frog mix

my man smooth! good to see you
you had a few other great growers responding to your introduction thread man
maybe you want to steer them to this one here dolo', so all the knowledge can be in one place for you

At first when the plants first stalled I was confused so I brought the light up to around 36 inches, not a good idea cause now my new seeds are stretching so I dropped it back down to around 20-22 inches from the plants. The temps the past few days have honestly been pretty perfect the hottest its been was like 84 and the coldest its been is like 70. I now water with the second knuckle rule as stated a few posts ago. The coco in the pots with the plants in stasis doesn't seem to drain as fast as the coco with the autos in it. There are holes in the bottom of the pot so I'm not really sure what is stopping it from draining. But as you said I probably should take something out at least so it doesn't turn into plants on top of plants. I will get on the other post now to let them know. Thanks for the help! :D

DoloDankness

If in doubt, always go back to basics. Basics in this setting is soil, 70 degrees temp 55% humidity and enough water to keep the humidity, and as always don't overvater The second knuckle is a good rule.
Your index finger should be dry up to your second knuckle on your finger, don't water before you are that dry. low or none nutrients for a week or two, and then it is like womens underwear less is more-

Lmfao thank you Grula definitely taking that into consideration.

DoloDankness

I decided to cull the three that weren't doing well, now for some pics of some happy plants! lol will be posted in a few.

DoloDankness

Here are some pictures of the closet. These plants look way happier than the previous ones. The auto flowers are in the pots and the regs are in the solo cups. For the autos Im using coco and for the regs its Happy Frog soil. After the massacre earlier I am down to 2 Chewy Runtz and 2 Lemon Up Fems both by Kre8Genetics.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
you are getting a lot of great advice here
those young plants look pretty bad off and its probably better to just cut your losses now and move on
those temps anret that bad but as your ambient temps go up in the room the space will just get hotter
what do you have set up as far as ventilation goes

DoloDankness

you are getting a lot of great advice here
those young plants look pretty bad off and its probably better to just cut your losses now and move on
those temps anret that bad but as your ambient temps go up in the room the space will just get hotter
what do you have set up as far as ventilation goes

I have a 4 inch inline fan running all day in the upper corner of the closet, but yes my room still definitely gets warm in the summer I was planning on investing in an A/C to put in the window to control the temps.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
how warm does the room get?
thats good you have a fan pulling air out the top of your closet but how will you get air into the closet, especially later in flower?
you want the room (closet) to be completely blacked out when the light are off for best results
/light leaks dont matter as much with autos so maybe thats a direction we might want to explore

DoloDankness

how warm does the room get?
thats good you have a fan pulling air out the top of your closet but how will you get air into the closet, especially later in flower?
you want the room (closet) to be completely blacked out when the light are off for best results
/light leaks dont matter as much with autos so maybe thats a direction we might want to explore

The warmest its gotten so far is around 84 and right now I have one of those big wind tunnel fans bringing air in, and for light leaks im going to weather strip the door, there is only one light leak from the door so it's not too bad.

DoloDankness

Everything looks good in the garden today except I believe the one autoflower needs to be fed. The leaves from a week or two ago are beginning to yellow and droop. Should I feed?

DoloDankness

The new light just came in and I just finished setting it up. It's a Maxsisun PB1000 with an adjustable LED driver. Im thinking I should tone down the light to 600W or so for now. Let me know any opinions.