Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > ace seeds sativas vs other notable breeder offerings

Thread Title Search
ace seeds sativas vs other notable breeder offerings Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-30-2020, 07:32 PM #1
nepalnt21
FRRRRRResh!

nepalnt21 has a reputation beyond reputenepalnt21 has a reputation beyond reputenepalnt21 has a reputation beyond reputenepalnt21 has a reputation beyond reputenepalnt21 has a reputation beyond reputenepalnt21 has a reputation beyond reputenepalnt21 has a reputation beyond reputenepalnt21 has a reputation beyond reputenepalnt21 has a reputation beyond reputenepalnt21 has a reputation beyond reputenepalnt21 has a reputation beyond repute
ace seeds sativas vs other notable breeder offerings

hello all, i'm just curious about ace seeds vs other sativas, i really really liked the very few times i've tried ace seeds strains (pretty sure it was a malawi haze, although dispensaries are not always very forthcoming...which was amazing, bought it time and time again until it was gone; and golden tiger, which was also amazing, both in flower and concentrate). they beat the other 'sativa' :/ varieties they try to push out here, which are really usually just modern hybrids with a head high.

anyway, so i know ace has the chops and the top-notch reputation status of the company says it all, but i am wondering about other breeders that offer sativas, like tropical seeds company (durban punch and old congo for instance), cannabiogen (i do really want to try destroyer and red snake, they call to me) and legends like tom hill/ original haze or chimera super skunk.

does ace have it all, or is there a gap filled by those other hyped up offerings?

i guess really i'm asking for comparisons, i figure ace could supply my sativa needs forever, but are these other ones worth the trouble of seeking out? i don't want to kick myself down the road for missing out on awesome legends
nepalnt21 is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:49 PM #2
TakenByTheSky

TakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud of
Lots of companies offer sativa's, you've got classic Dutch hazes that have been around for decades that might be a little more familiar then you have ace which offers highly worked exotic strains based on landraces.

What ever calls to you in terms of flavor, smells and effects is what you should grow. I wouldn't say any one thing is better than the other it's just what you like or what kind of experience you want to have.
TakenByTheSky is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:14 PM #3
nepalnt21
FRRRRRResh!

nepalnt21 has a reputation beyond reputenepalnt21 has a reputation beyond reputenepalnt21 has a reputation beyond reputenepalnt21 has a reputation beyond reputenepalnt21 has a reputation beyond reputenepalnt21 has a reputation beyond reputenepalnt21 has a reputation beyond reputenepalnt21 has a reputation beyond reputenepalnt21 has a reputation beyond reputenepalnt21 has a reputation beyond reputenepalnt21 has a reputation beyond repute
i guess i'm more looking for do they have anything that i can't find amongst ace's catalogue. can ace fill every sativa-lover's niche?

Old 04-30-2020, 08:50 PM #4
Koondense

Koondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivor
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepalnt21 View Post
can ace fill every sativa-lover's niche?
Probably not yet, but with this tempo they might in the next few years.
The cannabis spectrum is very broad and Ace seems to have almost everything covered. Only thing I'm missing are the very old lines and rarities.
Also if you look at their site the other seed brands seem to fill very well the whole pallette.

Cheers
Koondense is offline Quote

Old 04-30-2020, 10:03 PM #5
Sarayidoja

Sarayidoja has a spectacular aura aboutSarayidoja has a spectacular aura aboutSarayidoja has a spectacular aura aboutSarayidoja has a spectacular aura aboutSarayidoja has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
i guess i'm more looking for do they have anything that i can't find amongst ace's catalogue. can ace fill every sativa-lover's niche?
From my Point of view, the only Thing really missing is a worked Thai line.
Sarayidoja is offline Quote

Old 04-30-2020, 10:43 PM #6
WHIPEDMEAT
Modortalan

WHIPEDMEAT has a reputation beyond reputeWHIPEDMEAT has a reputation beyond reputeWHIPEDMEAT has a reputation beyond reputeWHIPEDMEAT has a reputation beyond reputeWHIPEDMEAT has a reputation beyond reputeWHIPEDMEAT has a reputation beyond reputeWHIPEDMEAT has a reputation beyond reputeWHIPEDMEAT has a reputation beyond reputeWHIPEDMEAT has a reputation beyond reputeWHIPEDMEAT has a reputation beyond reputeWHIPEDMEAT has a reputation beyond repute
may take a look at kcbrainss offering, i like the haze special very much, interesting to check leda uno, brains choice maybe some more too
WHIPEDMEAT is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:05 PM #7
nepalnt21
FRRRRRResh!

i tell you what, i believe ace will never be topped on customer service. quick to respond, and generous as hell.

Old 05-01-2020, 05:13 PM #8
THC123

THC123 has a brilliant futureTHC123 has a brilliant futureTHC123 has a brilliant futureTHC123 has a brilliant futureTHC123 has a brilliant futureTHC123 has a brilliant futureTHC123 has a brilliant futureTHC123 has a brilliant futureTHC123 has a brilliant futureTHC123 has a brilliant futureTHC123 has a brilliant future
Hey Dubi and Ace, I mean no disrespect by posting this here in your subforum, I am simply answering a question from a member, if you want to delete I understand

My two favorite companies for landraces and sativas are ace seeds the real seed company.

WIth ace you can find almost everything especially since they are now also cooperating with breeders from other countries.

But I also like the real seed company because they offer unworked lines. They will not be optimalized like the ones from ace. There will be lots of crap between gems. But that site is cool is you want something you can start from zero with for breeding. Lots of phenos.

Ace works their lines, they keep em pure (unless they state it themselves, they are always very clear about the info) but they optimalize the lines for their customers so that everyone will have a big chance to find a fantastic plant. They also breed out undesirable traits. Their strains are plug and play.

And as other said, Ace has a very reactive and customer friendly customer service!!

They are both great companies, but ace really puts a lot of work in their lines.
THC123 is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2020, 07:25 PM #9
jjonahjameson

jjonahjameson is just really nicejjonahjameson is just really nicejjonahjameson is just really nicejjonahjameson is just really nicejjonahjameson is just really nicejjonahjameson is just really nicejjonahjameson is just really nicejjonahjameson is just really nicejjonahjameson is just really nicejjonahjameson is just really nicejjonahjameson is just really nice
Quote:
can ace fill every sativa-lover's niche?
Maybe not, but damn if they don't have enough to keep us all busy for the next decade or more!
I'm curious to know myself about what you ask, but I can't see much missing from the class of Sativas from all over the world.

Quote:
Their strains are plug and play.

Well said! Happy growing!

“Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. On the outside, babies, you've got a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies-"God damn it, you've got to be kind.” K. Vonnegut

Grateful Deadhead
jjonahjameson is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2020, 12:10 PM #10
Naturalgazda

Naturalgazda has a spectacular aura aboutNaturalgazda has a spectacular aura aboutNaturalgazda has a spectacular aura aboutNaturalgazda has a spectacular aura about
Colombia Mangobiche

Hello. For me, the winner is Ace Seeds Bank. As for sativa. And it looks like that overall.

From other offers of quality sativas I register Colombia Mangobiche from Cannabiogen. And overall, the company has a similar focus as Ace Seeds. I also wanted to ask Dubi if there was a relationship. Their Destroyer is good all-day smoke. Not very strong.
Maybe Dubi will answer ....

Someone grew it-Colombia Mangobiche? Do you know the effects please? What can be compared to the Ace Seeds menu. Does it make sense to buy it? The price is very reasonable.

Then there's Brainkiller Haze from Vision Seeds that has its quality.

Thank you very much for your reactions.

Last edited by Naturalgazda; 07-16-2020 at 01:27 PM..
Naturalgazda is offline Quote