What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UK outdoors 2020?

thepureskunk

Yo guys, back from the dead and thinking of getting a grow on this summer!

All my old seeds are gone which is a mega rip :(

What have uk peeps been growing these days? Any new strains?

Back in the day I used to grow seeds from the legend esben and other lowryder crosses that were made.

Uk growing is tough but certainly not impossible..

Any OG outdoor growers still here?

Peace and love :friends:

Stdane

Well if there arent any uk'ers along fer the ride, then let me chime in. I'm growing in DK aka Denmark, that means I'm atleast 3+ lats higher up than you. The last couple of years I've been lucky to make a cross consisting of Dutch Passion's Auto-Ultimate with a Mighty Mite curtesy of Auqa from Holland. It's a 15 weeker 1,5 meters, so no 2 feet 10 grams here, but lots of nice budsites and really sticky aswell. Got hold of a canadian strain called Hasha from Hemp Depot, a real christmas tree, 2+ meters at finish a double the budsites of the before mentioned, and all red to purple to end with, a little late, 7 - 10 oct finish, so I crossed with my only acclimatized strain to get the finish time down to end of september and succeeded. This one is rather taste than strength compaired to my auto, that with the right pheno can rival even indoors. Have been ordered some more Auto Ultimate as I've obtained a CHaze from the now defunct Highrise seeds that I'm going to revert in order to make fem seeds and see what comes out of that. Back in the days it seemed like I had countless of reg seeds acclimatized for 55N but I slowly ran out and after a couple of busts and rippers I was drained, luckily the auto's has come a long way since Lowlife Seeds in 07-08, they're up to par in my honest opinion. So good luck with obtaining some good strains/seeds....Happy growing.... StDane!

Stdane

Here is the Auto -Ultimate I used to cross with Mighty Mite and the other pic is close ups of that cross

Stdane

:biggrin:Yeah Gorilla Seeds lookin' good, I've been eyeballin' Mephisto Genetics from Canada, auto seeds exclusively, they have had so much succes that their god damn seeds are sold out everwhere, I could do with a couple of their seeds, otherwise there's Auto Monster Mass from monster genetics up to 1,40 meters and 150 grams one plant outdoor, not that bad.

If you've got money to toss around there's always Stitch's Super - Auto's that come with a pricetag of up to 17-18£ a seed. So there's enough to choose from, but the idea for me have been finding a strain or a cross that gives consistent and strong yields and then refeminize the shit outta that strain, so I wont sell my house to get feminized auto-seeds every year.:tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Definitely real gorilla... most of the outdoor strains are field tested U.K. on YouTube!
All the best

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Personally, I like the Serious6 for the big commercial like plants, and the critical sour for something you could blag off as indoor.

I have tried all the usual suspects. These two will also work indoors, to a degree, so might fit well into a full yearly program. The 6 I don't actually like indoors, but it's a good heavy stone. Just not very tasty. People like it. They don't rate the critical sour indoors, while I think it tastes great. It's not very resinous though, it's true. Indoors that is. Where things don't need to trade away so much taste and strength, for hardiness and flowering at 16 hours. Outdoor, the 6 actually tastes nice... It's the hydro levels of feeding its not happy with. The Critical sour has produced lots of nice bud when the 6 rotted due to terrible weather one year. I think I have had it 6 seasons, with just that one bad year, but the size of the buds... omg... monsters

Big Eggy

Veteran
Hey thepureskunk, I'm from the OG days but wasnt an outdoor grower back then.

I've recently decided to start a grow after a 10 year break. I went with Femaleseeds.nl Purple Maroc as it seemed to be pretty full proof.

I started mine very early 'beginning of March' under glass then moved them to a guerilla spot.

34days old

picture.php

The gamble seems to have piad of so far and should get some big plants come the end of summer.

sirstonealot

Hey TPS it's been a long time bud, I'm on the outdoor this year...got pips comming out of my ears I'm sure some are fresh! I've popped a load of autos so far

- artic diesel
-outdoor mix
-Tropical fire F2 & Tropical fire X short term amnesia

All do ok here, I'm gonna start popping photosensitive plants soon..got a indoor space I'm building too ��

thepureskunk

StDane- Yo man and welcome to the thread! Did you ever know esben? He was a DK grower with really nice skills and I used to grow a lot of his seeds. What you have going sounds really nice. Yeah I remember the original lowryder strain and it was awful to smoke. Thankfully it has led to many great crosses.

CJesus- will do

mr.brunch- sounds interesting will check them out later

f-e - where do you get the strains you speak of? You got harvests from them in the uk?

Big Eggy- welcome dude, always good to see OG’s. looks like you have had a decent start. Gorilla growing is some of the toughest to do..so good luck!

sirstonealot- yoooo!! Mate it’s been ages and it looks like you’re up to your old tricks :D sounds like some nice strains..definitely need to get myself some better seeds.

For myself I ended up buying Sensi Seeds Hindu Kush as it’s supposed to be the original and I believe it should be done on time. Seeds coming from seedsman that I remember using years ago. I’ll need to get some compost (fuck man this lock down is crazy) and I’ll be ready to go. I’ll be growing in my garden using 25l pots.

Take it easy and stay safe.

thepureskunk

My seeds came today (sensi seeds Hindu Kush) and just need compost now...but can’t get any due to this lockdown.

Did check out gorilla seeds but man they are expensive... 15-20 pounds per seed! I know I’ve been out of the game but Jesus. I mean a seeded plant can have hundreds of seeds.

Maybe I’m being tight lol.

Pic is of a Lebanese X Kush and ended up with over 16oz of bud.

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
My seeds came today (sensi seeds Hindu Kush) and just need compost now...but can’t get any due to this lockdown.

Did check out gorilla seeds but man they are expensive... 15-20 pounds per seed! I know I’ve been out of the game but Jesus. I mean a seeded plant can have hundreds of seeds.

Pic is of a Lebanese X Kush and ended up with over 16oz of bud.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=19744&pictureid=206063&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
Is that the same site? ‘Real gorilla seeds’ - they have a forum on here... most of the outdoors seeds are around £5 each

thepureskunk

lol you’re right :s those look a lot more fairer priced. A shame though that seed banks do so many feminised strains.

thepureskunk

Stoney is right,it was back in the UK thread on OG,whats that guys name,Jaapstaam or something,long time ago :tiphat:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=342752

Yeah bro, the original thread started on overgrow forum, then we went to planet ganja (I think it was called) and then here. So probably 2002?

See you up to old tricks and just had a quick look at that thread, will check the vids in a bit:tiphat:

Nice to see some OG’s showing up :joint:

Big Eggy

Veteran
15-20 pounds per seed! I know I’ve been out of the game but Jesus. I mean a seeded plant can have hundreds of seeds.

After being out the game for 10 years I was shocked at the price of seeds.. Though femmed seeds have come down compared to regs... Which for me right now is handy.

Once I'm more confident in my new surroundings I'll get regs and do some seed runs.

Eggy

thepureskunk

After being out the game for 10 years I was shocked at the price of seeds.. Though femmed seeds have come down compared to regs... Which for me right now is handy.

Once I'm more confident in my new surroundings I'll get regs and do some seed runs.

Eggy

Yo man, I don’t think I’ve seen seeds sold as solo before... yeah we are old lol.

Are feminised seeds still produced with chems and/or time stressing? I never bought female seeds due to them growing bananas. Maybe they are improved now?

:joint:

thepureskunk

Yo guys, just a little update.

At the moment I have 3 auto seedlings that are feminised and we’re seedsman freebies with my sensi seed order. They were planted straight into 20l pots and look ok so far.

The Hindu Kush have been slow starters. Got 10 in 3l pots and at the moment I only have 5 that are growing. Looks like that maybe a couple more may germ but not that happy with the quality so far. The freebies are doing way better!

Still, I’m hoping for at least a nice male and female to make seeds for next year, and the seeds would have been worth the cost.

Was a weird start to May with cold temps but now warming up nicely. I hope everyone is ok and staying safe.

:joint: