Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Killer A5 Haze goes micro

Thread Title Search
Killer A5 Haze goes micro Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2020, 07:30 AM #1
OZZ_

OZZ_ has much to be proud ofOZZ_ has much to be proud ofOZZ_ has much to be proud ofOZZ_ has much to be proud ofOZZ_ has much to be proud ofOZZ_ has much to be proud ofOZZ_ has much to be proud ofOZZ_ has much to be proud ofOZZ_ has much to be proud ofOZZ_ has much to be proud ofOZZ_ has much to be proud of
Killer A5 Haze goes micro

Hello beautiful people!

Hope your all staying safe in these crazy times of quarantines.

Title says it all, for better or worse Im gonna try to roll with the Killer A5 Haze in my micro cab after having decent success with ACEs panama in a micro environment I thought I’d bite the bullet and up the anti. My panama thread can be seen here:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=365961

As for my micro cab, here’s the deets:

Flower cabinet:

23” L x 16” D x 35” H with 30” of usable vertical height (not much when considering the strain!)

AC infinity 205 cfm DC fan with temp controller and AC infinity scrubber.

Simple Organic soil mix promix hp, homemade worm castings, a generic granular fert (Dr Earths) a bit of kelp and a bit of lime, and during heavy flowering Neptune’s fish/seaweed as needed. 2 gallon self watering pot.

Water is my weak point. Chicago water sucks, and my RO filter took a dump, so I’m left with filtering tap water through a britta pitcher. PH isn’t perfect using this method so I’m going to try to either get another RO unit soon or buy water. It’s not so bad since I’m running just a single plant.

Well, not much to look at for now, but let’s get this thing going and see if I can train this beast into this little space. As of now the little gal looks happy she’s already reaching her little hands up to the sky for the light. She broke ground two days ago on March 27th.

Last edited by OZZ_; 03-29-2020 at 01:43 PM..
OZZ_ is offline Quote

13 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-29-2020, 11:52 AM #2
dubi
Vendor

dubi has a reputation beyond reputedubi has a reputation beyond reputedubi has a reputation beyond reputedubi has a reputation beyond reputedubi has a reputation beyond reputedubi has a reputation beyond reputedubi has a reputation beyond reputedubi has a reputation beyond reputedubi has a reputation beyond reputedubi has a reputation beyond reputedubi has a reputation beyond repute
Hi OZZ

Glad to see a new thread about your new grow after your success with Panama in your setup.
I think you will be able to tame the Killer A5 Haze in your little indoor space by following a similar procedure than in previous Panama grow.

Try to get a good source of water as soon as possible. As you know, to have a source of good quality water, and to measure and feed your plants within the correct EC and PH range are crucial points to keep healthy these long flowering sativas and to get the best from them.
dubi is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:26 PM #3
Paddi
GanjaGrower

Paddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivor
Subbed

P

Growers Of The World - Unite

Paddi is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:49 PM #4
OZZ_

OZZ_ has much to be proud ofOZZ_ has much to be proud ofOZZ_ has much to be proud ofOZZ_ has much to be proud ofOZZ_ has much to be proud ofOZZ_ has much to be proud ofOZZ_ has much to be proud ofOZZ_ has much to be proud ofOZZ_ has much to be proud ofOZZ_ has much to be proud ofOZZ_ has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubi View Post
Hi OZZ

Glad to see a new thread about your new grow after your success with Panama in your setup.
I think you will be able to tame the Killer A5 Haze in your little indoor space by following a similar procedure than in previous Panama grow.

Try to get a good source of water as soon as possible. As you know, to have a source of good quality water, and to measure and feed your plants within the correct EC and PH range are crucial points to keep healthy these long flowering sativas and to get the best from them.
Hi Dubi-

Thanks for stopping in and dropping some pointers. Getting a new water supply will be my number one priority. What kind of stretch should I expect, would you say more or less than the panama? In my little setup timing the flip to compensate for stretch is crucial. Flip to soon and yield suffers due to lack of veg time, flip to late and I run the risk of her growing into the lights. I nailed it with the panama grow but with the different phenotypes in the Killer A5 timing this one might prove more difficult.

Thank you.
OZZ_ is offline Quote

Old 03-29-2020, 01:50 PM #5
OZZ_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddi View Post
Subbed

P
Hi Paddi- welcome! Hope you enjoy the show
OZZ_ is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:49 AM #6
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

repuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant future
subbed!

Neat setup OZZ_!!

Regarding RO, you can assemble your own for cheap, no need for a 5-6 stage "drinking water" unit (you don't need those extra 2 stages nor a pressurized tank or faucets); I assume your water needs are low; in that case I'd source a simple "passive" (no booster pump) kit, like e.g.

- RO Buddie Check its install video, really easy. Another install video

I see Chicago tap water chemicals is an issue; so to remove them first, I would add an specific two stage chemical filtration before the RO Buddie; this Video can help, but no need to use his complete setup (he needs much more water than you); just check the two stage filtration stage.

-Filter housing Filter Kit and Stainless steel cartridge housings fitter. (These will go before RO Buddie tap water intake)

For less than $100 you will have a cheap RO system delivering good quality water.

This method (no pumps boosting tap water pressure) will waste a lot of water, so only ok if your water needs are low.

For better efficiency and if you want to keep everything passive I'd add a Permeate pump instead (Install video).

Finally, you can add an ASO valve (Auto Shut Off valve) to stop RO when your reservoir is full for automatic operation.

- ASO Valve Float Valve Install Video with float valve to make your DIY reservoir.

To finish the system, you could add afterwards this fitting on the brine out from the membrane:

This will allow you to open this valve to manually backflush (clean) your membrane when desired. Fittings cheaply available in amazon too. (operating position should be closed!)

Lemme know if I can help! I could create a diagram on all the connections. Water is our prime matter and the single most important factor when growing. And... we smoke it aftwerwards, so the cleaner the water... the healthier the outcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2020-03-30 a las 10.31.46.jpg
Views:	1244
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	526645
repuk is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:09 PM #7
OZZ_

Quote:
Originally Posted by repuk View Post
subbed!

Neat setup OZZ_!!

Regarding RO, you can assemble your own for cheap, no need for a 5-6 stage "drinking water" unit (you don't need those extra 2 stages nor a pressurized tank or faucets); I assume your water needs are low; in that case I'd source a simple "passive" (no booster pump) kit, like e.g.

- RO Buddie Check its install video, really easy. Another install video

I see Chicago tap water chemicals is an issue; so to remove them first, I would add an specific two stage chemical filtration before the RO Buddie; this Video can help, but no need to use his complete setup (he needs much more water than you); just check the two stage filtration stage.

-Filter housing Filter Kit and Stainless steel cartridge housings fitter. (These will go before RO Buddie tap water intake)

For less than $100 you will have a cheap RO system delivering good quality water.

This method (no pumps boosting tap water pressure) will waste a lot of water, so only ok if your water needs are low.

For better efficiency and if you want to keep everything passive I'd add a Permeate pump instead (Install video).

Finally, you can add an ASO valve (Auto Shut Off valve) to stop RO when your reservoir is full for automatic operation.

- ASO Valve Install Video with float valve to make your DIY reservoir.

To finish the system, you could add afterwards this fitting on the brine out from the membrane:

View Image

This will allow you to open this valve to manually backflush (clean) your membrane when desired. Fittings cheaply available in amazon too. (operating position should be closed!)

Lemme know if I can help! I could create a diagram on all the connections. Water is our prime matter and the single most important factor when growing. And... we smoke it aftwerwards, so the cleaner the water... the healthier the outcome.
Great info repuk and thanks for stopping in! Sure I’d love a diagram if you have time, we wouldn’t mind using it for our drinking water too as we are only using a britta pitcher for that also BUT we are in a condo so we can not install a canister type to the sink, instead I have / had the old one connected to the cold water output of our washing machine. I used a garden hose “Y” adapter with shutoff valves to connect the RO filter to the cold water output. Then when I need water I just turn on the valve and let it rip. Doing it this way I drain the waste water into our washing machine and use it for doing laundry so it still gets used.

Yes, I’d be very interested in seeing exactly what units you recommend! I have cal/mag and was supplementing 5 ml / gal of RO water to add some minerals. Seemed to be working well before it took a dump on me and started tasting horrible within only three or four months! It was a cheap o unit so I tossed it. Not sure why it only lasted such a short time but replacement filters were just as much as the unit almost so I decided just to toss it and get another unit when I had time, and the time is now lol.

I won’t be needing automatic operation so I’ll just keep it as a manual unit for now. Those links provided are great, as mentioned if you don’t mind throwing me up a diagram I’d love to take a look.
OZZ_ is offline Quote

Old 03-30-2020, 04:34 PM #8
Mountainkush

Mountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud of
hey OZZ
Cute little seedling. Gonna be interesting to see how she does in your little cabinet.
Mountainkush is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:13 PM #9
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

repuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant futurerepuk has a brilliant future
Diagram

This is how I would retrofit RO Buddy with permeate pump, etc:

this is conceived to be low maintenance and 100% passive.
repuk is offline Quote

Old 03-30-2020, 05:33 PM #10
OZZ_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainkush View Post
hey OZZ
Cute little seedling. Gonna be interesting to see how she does in your little cabinet.
Hey MK, Sure will!

IG

https://www.instagram.com/invites/co...ontent=f8fmu3l
OZZ_ is offline Quote