What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Confirmation Please: Denver/Atlanta Martial Law?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Bird in the wind says "essential personnel" have received letters today, for at least Denver and Atalanta areas. They're traveling papers, because barricades are going up.

Anyone have photos of barricades or no barricades there? This would be a significant turn of events.

Douglas.Curtis

Denver county, denver city and Boulder are shutting down at 5pm tomorrow, what's your news feed there?.

Who's in Atlanta?

X

xavier7995

That is the word, I'm south of the city...it isnt that big of a deal. All essential stuff is still open. You can still catch public transit. Grocery stores are open, tp and random stuff aside. Folks are still ambling about freely, I believe that was actually the reason, it was nice out after snow so people just flocked out and packed into whatever was still open.

T

Teddybrae

Think of this, Douglas: The ratio of infections between Australia and the U.S. is 1 for Australia, 13 for the U.S.!!! (Looks like it's been around in your country for a while longer than previously acknowledged.)

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
The news TV news said pot shops and liquor stores would be closed. After tremendously long lines of people stocking up before the shutdown the mayor said "oops me bad" and they are not closed. The jobs are shut down, but groceries, dispensaries, liquor stores and other essential stuff is still open. No martial law around here.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Shelter in place is not enforced per se, and marshal law is
reserved for violent outbreaks, which likely won't occur,
given nobody got anything other that toilet paper. and paper towels.

St. Phatty

Bird in the wind says "essential personnel" have received letters today, for at least Denver and Atalanta areas. They're traveling papers, because barricades are going up.

Anyone have photos of barricades or no barricades there? This would be a significant turn of events.

Cal Gov Newson addressed that. The police are not muscling people.

I don't even know if anybody's getting a ticket.

Maybe illegal immigrants are getting muscled.

h.h.

Veteran
Closing the beach isn’t martial law. Encinitas is all city beach. They have a right to close it.

Douglas.Curtis

Martial law is the military in charge, with local laws suspended. I'm looking for declarations of martial law and/or evidence of military control.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Martial law is the military in charge, with local laws suspended. I'm looking for declarations of martial law and/or evidence of military control.

If/when looting starts you will see it all first hand.
Maybe not looting, but killing would do it.
When they flipped a cop car on the streets of Detriot in 1984 that was ok.

As soon as someone got shot on woodward ave. it was like a min marshall law.
Nobody allowed on the street, nobody.

Cops in full riot gear lined up shoulder to shoulder with 5 foot clubs with knobs on the end.

3-4 lines of them marching one after the other, down the street to clear it.

Brute force at its best/worst.

Douglas.Curtis

Well that explains the letters people have been receiving. Colorado and at least Idaho have just ordered state wide "stay at home" orders. The letters are to essential personnel, so they can pass through any checkpoints/borders to do their job.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Cabin fever begins. Already seen some people acting out and we're just a few days into it.