What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Pollen Allergy Reduction... Through Eating Pollen?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
A big shout out to everyone messing with pollen, who also seems to be developing (or already has) allergies to it! Allergies suck, especially when it's a plant we love to have around and making pollen. lol

I believe I've noticed a reduction in my allergic response to cannabis pollen. It happens after I've been eating unopened pollen pods for about 2 weeks. I like to clip a branch and have it drop pollen all at once, so I'll pick off all the pods about to open every day. As soon as there are hundreds of pods about to open, I let the remaining pods open and dump their pollen. As long as it's clean male pollen pods, I'll eat them off the plant.

I've done this a couple times now, but I'd like to see what response some of you get as well. My next step is to dehydrate a bunch of pollen pods, and see if eating them over months will eliminate the reaction completely.

I know eating raw, local honey is supposed to do the same thing for a lot of allergies, so I don't see this as much of stretch and actually a more potent source of pollen.

Anyone else experience this or something similar??
:tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Well, I've continued to eat pods from this male I'm collecting pollen from. MY allergic reaction is gone. Zero sniffles, no sneezing, no sinus issues, nothing. The other 'allergic' members of the household are under sneeze attack today.

This morning I shook the pollen off of a male plant, collected the unopened pods for dehydration (to see if eating dehydrated pods works as well as fresh), and collected the pollen for drying. I have zero issues except a *tiny* bit of skin irritation on one spot of my left arm. I'm about to go rinse it off. I was literally breathing pollen for 10 minutes and zero reaction.

Loving it. :D

Douglas.Curtis

They do not taste unpleasant. :) I'm looking forward to the dehydrated ones, and I hope they have a crispness to them. heh

Ok, so skin irritation is increasing the longer it stays on the skin. No sneezing or itchy eyes, still no runny nose, I'm liking this a lot. Eating local honey with the local pollen sources does work the same, so I'm wondering how many folks have thought of it before.

JetLife175

Veteran
Mix the pollen with local honey and put it in your coffee every morning, no allergic reactions to anything anymore. I deal with major allergies and this has been a thing for me for quite a while.

clearheaded

yup the honey thing is wonderful trick and support your local apiculturist for optimal results!

but better then mixing pollen just get your own bees and they will harvest there own pollen from your plants :) . bees are great symbiote, honey is great for "carb boost" teas for those bennies, plus wax contains trichiontol (sp) the upiquitous growth hormone, propolis is awesome for topicals and really boosts antifungal bacteria viral properties. dead bees are great for FRASS add chitin(keeps bugs away plus plant immunity boost) and the pollen left is a awesome in moderation for soil life and as a vitamin B boost. plus hard to ignore the rare honeyed notes to ur organic buds :)

easier then you think and cheap honey flow harvesters knock offs basically fool proof dont need to gear up or have extractor.

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Thanks, I was hoping my results would be typical. I've now found a use for the extra pods I usually throw away when collecting pollen. I'll be dehydrating them for grinding to powder, then mixing it with honey. :)

Awesome! :tiphat:

Wuachuma

Thanks for this.

I had 40 males I used last season that I left get 6ft and full bloom. My allergies sucked ass. I tried honey, but i still had to use zyrtec to go anywhere near the male garden
Ive been playing with pollen for over a decade and the allergy only developed about 3 yrs ago. But last year it was full blown, including headaches/migraines