Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > 1st Indoor Grow DWC LED Dos Si Dos 33

Thread Title Search
1st Indoor Grow DWC LED Dos Si Dos 33 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2020, 02:45 PM #1
Chris P Bacon

Chris P Bacon is a jewel in the roughChris P Bacon is a jewel in the roughChris P Bacon is a jewel in the roughChris P Bacon is a jewel in the roughChris P Bacon is a jewel in the roughChris P Bacon is a jewel in the roughChris P Bacon is a jewel in the rough
Post 1st Indoor Grow DWC LED Dos Si Dos 33

Hi all, I wanted to create a diary of my first indoor grow, I will be using a top fed DWC that I made and will be growing in a 1.5mx1.5mx1.8m GreenQube roof tent. My setup can be seen here https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368620

I will also be journaling my grows on Grow Diaries and this one is at https://growdiaries.com/diaries/5009...doofus-mcfluro

I have two identical tents like this in one room.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1071.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	520549

Planted eight seeds in rockwool and placed in DWC with pumps off and fed with 5.5pH 50/50 water and ran the temp at 25°C with RH 55%. 2x300w LEDs on 24hrs.

Name:	IMG_1081.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	520550

Six seeds popped up on the morning of day 3 whereupon the humidity was raised to 70%

Name:	IMG_1079.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	520551

Name:	IMG_1082.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	520552

More to come...
Chris P Bacon is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:28 PM #2
high4twentydays

high4twentydays has a spectacular aura abouthigh4twentydays has a spectacular aura abouthigh4twentydays has a spectacular aura abouthigh4twentydays has a spectacular aura abouthigh4twentydays has a spectacular aura about
Nice clean setup. Digging it! What kind of lights are those?
high4twentydays is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2020, 03:38 PM #3
Insomniac420

Great setup

Old 02-10-2020, 05:59 PM #4
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivor
Looking nice and clean.

Your res temps stay just below 20c, yes?
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2020, 08:12 PM #5
Chris P Bacon

Chris P Bacon is a jewel in the roughChris P Bacon is a jewel in the roughChris P Bacon is a jewel in the roughChris P Bacon is a jewel in the roughChris P Bacon is a jewel in the roughChris P Bacon is a jewel in the roughChris P Bacon is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the replies guys. The lights are Electric Sky 300s from https://thegreensunshineco.com

Douglas, I am not exactly certain as I have no temp control on the rez so I am assuming that it will eventually equalise to the room in the low 20s. Currently I am having to heat the tent rather than cooling it so hopefully the rez temp will not be an issue.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:33 PM #6
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P Bacon View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. The lights are Electric Sky 300s from https://thegreensunshineco.com

Douglas, I am not exactly certain as I have no temp control on the rez so I am assuming that it will eventually equalise to the room in the low 20s. Currently I am having to heat the tent rather than cooling it so hopefully the rez temp will not be an issue.
Yikes, you'll want to be absolutely sure of your res temps. Though you're top feeding, which will constantly supply oxygen to the exposed roots, the roots in solution will have oxygen issues at higher than 20C temps.

Above 18.4C and below 20C at all times, and you'll be great. Trust me, after 15+ years of indoor hydro (mostly DWC), you don't want to be fiddling around with h202 or other sterilizing methods. Keep the temps accurate and you'll be fine.

Should you find temp control a no-go, I recommend switching to drip through clay pebbles. They can tolerate up to mid 30'sC

Personally, I flower at around 20C and 15-20% humidity. Absolutely crushes the quality from hot/wet flowers.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2020, 12:55 PM #7
Chris P Bacon

Hi Douglas, thanks very much for the advice. I just took a temp reading with a laser thermometer and the solution was 21.7°C or at least the bottom of the rez was.

When you say dripping through clay pebbles, isn't that what I am doing essentially as I have the small rockwool cubes set in clay pebbles and the drip hose is feeding into the pebbles?

What method would you suggest for cooling my 100L rez a couple of °? I really don't fancy splashing out for a couple of water chillers for both my tents. I did see this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnKlIc6oCCg homemade Peltier chiller that might be effective and efficient or something like this off the shelf one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144W-Ther....c100005.m1851. Alternately I could get a small fridge and run 50m of hose through it and back to the rez, that way one fridge could service both tents.

I did setup a 600mg/h ozone generator attached to a 100mm ceramic airstone to give the rez a daily blast during the night cycle (to avoid getting ozone in the stomata) to help with oxygenation.

Do you start at 20°C during flowering or do you gradually lower the temp through the flowering stage?

Old 02-17-2020, 01:30 AM #8
Chris P Bacon

At day 10 now and 100% of the seeds have geminated but a couple were very slow. Some of them are looking a bit ropey with drooping leaves and one tends to lean over in various directions. I have dimmed and raised the lights somewhat.

I will eventually be whittling down to the best four.

I originally set my EC to 1.1 but the pH Down boosted it up to 1.2 so I am going to cut it back soon. Realised my pH Down was phosphorus based so I will be switching to a nitrate-based one soon, as I think it's getting too much phosphorus as my nutrient regime is KISS MaxiBloom.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Sorry, they are not the best of photos.

Name:	IMG_1092.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	521404

Name:	IMG_1093.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	521405

Name:	IMG_1097.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	521406

Name:	IMG_1098.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	521407

Name:	IMG_1100.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	521408

Old 02-21-2020, 11:58 AM #9
Chris P Bacon

Day 14 and their leaves are still not looking great. I have raised the lights and am dialing back the EC which is currently at 1.1 after the last adjustment. I will be exchanging 10l from the rez at the next inspection to do this.

Name:	IMG_1106.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	521943

Name:	IMG_1107.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	521944

Name:	IMG_1108.jpg