What's new

Z-wave Grow Automation

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I started off using a z-wave controller for pumps and fans in a tent with a coco drip return system. Later, moving to outdoor growing two years ago and into a greenhouse last season, automation made everything easier. The Z-wave controller took care of watering, rollup sides, fans and much of security. I use a controller that is internet connected but can operate stand alone.

A good controller costs $100 or less. A 4 in 1 sensor measuring lumens, humidity, temperature, and motion can be had for $50. Z-wave plus creates it's own mesh network with an advertised range of 100m from each switch, outlet, or sensor. Weather resistant Z-wave outlet modules rated for 15A can be had for about $35 making it possible to use as a light controller as well.

Z-wave can be used as a basic remote control from a cell phone or computer, but the best part is the automation that works off a schedule, or sensor data, or sunrise sunset or or..... Rules for automation can be written as if then or by combining multiple variables from sensors to trigger activities.

The pic shows some of the 'scenes' that I use manually or automatically.

picture.php