What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on Todd McCormick Original Haze

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hi saw this posted yesterday on Todd McCormick Original Haze he is now taking orders on.

[FONT=&quot]ON Haze

by Todd McCormick January 16, 2020[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A lot of people have asked me what I use as breeding material with the more famous clone only cultivars used in my crosses.
I’ve had a female of Nevil's Haze since 2004, and in 2012 I went to Skunkman Sam and I asked him if I could get the Original Haze that he provided Nevil in the 80s.
Sam was kind enough to send me home with seeds of Original Haze. Not long after, I selected a male and back crossed my Nevil’s Haze to make it just a bit more Hazy. Their prodigy came out spectacular.
ON Haze
[/FONT]

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Nice Hempy. I have plenty to grow out this coming season, but I went ahead and put in a pre-order on Todd's O Haze just to see how the seed is. Thank you for the heads up.

HB.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I think his charging $5 a seed and to be honest i think that is fair but i was surprised to see its not pure haze.In reality its a haze hybrid incorporating both Sam and Nevs work maybe he should call it Sam and Neville's Haze.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hempy I believe the wat he calls nevils haze is actually his super silver haze clone and it looks like the other half maybe a skunk haze from sam...

Hi mate i cant say only going by what Todd has posted but it clearly is not Original Haze.I grew F1 SSH most were huge reminded me of NH but i am not a fan of NL5 or LN and why i culled the mom i selected from the SSH. I would rather grow MH SKHZ NH or Kali Mist personally.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Nevil's clone super silver haze was awsome hempy...if you like the others youve listed you would have loved the smoke from that clone.

The NL affect i hate i call it a dirty / high/stone not a fan i told Nev this and he understood exactly what i was talking about.NL is a great strain for some not me i see it as a tool.

Dont get me wrong SSH was a great strain i saw huge plants with big yields of great potent buds but not something i enjoyed smoking.I did a thread at Mr nice plants were over 6ft up then trained side ways.

Out of all the Dutch Haze hybrids or heavy sat i loved Mango Haze SkHz NH and old Kali mist really surprised me.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I think his charging $5 a seed and to be honest i think that is fair but i was surprised to see its not pure haze.In reality its a haze hybrid incorporating both Sam and Nevs work maybe he should call it Sam and Neville's Haze.

I believe he's calling it "ON Haze"...with the O=Original and the N=Nevil...so he's not advertising it as "pure" original haze.

Mango haze is the best haze hybrid I've grown out in recent years...even better than the NH in terms of effects, imho. Bandaid haze is a top tier smoke as well. e.T's Nigerian x Mexican/(a5 x a5 Thai) was pretty damn good too. No muddled high to be found in that herb at all...nice head high with very little body...very energentic and not as racy as the NH.

That said, I don't know if you can find a haze variety commercially available these days that doesn't have NL in the parental lines somewhere.

If you're looking for a "pure" haze, maybe it's best to grow out a bunch of Colombians, pick 2 or 3 of your favorites, and cross them to each other? That'd be a hard road to take, but you might find something representing the pure form without the NL muddying the waters.

HB.

herbgreen

Veteran
I dont know what you guys are looking at....

Its 10$ a seed prices listed are 5 pks

He dosent sell 'ON" (nevils x Ohaze) Its only used as a male for his Xs

And it is Original haze he got from Sams Pre order>April

:biggrin:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I believe he's calling it "ON Haze"...with the O=Original and the N=Nevil...so he's not advertising it as "pure" original haze.

Mango haze is the best haze hybrid I've grown out in recent years...even better than the NH in terms of effects, imho. Bandaid haze is a top tier smoke as well. e.T's Nigerian x Mexican/(a5 x a5 Thai) was pretty damn good too. No muddled high to be found in that herb at all...nice head high with very little body...very energentic and not as racy as the NH.

That said, I don't know if you can find a haze variety commercially available these days that doesn't have NL in the parental lines somewhere.

If you're looking for a "pure" haze, maybe it's best to grow out a bunch of Colombians, pick 2 or 3 of your favorites, and cross them to each other? That'd be a hard road to take, but you might find something representing the pure form without the NL muddying the waters.

HB.

Hiya HB i love MH not stopped smoking it since 2001 or 2002 from the test seed i grew one of the most under valued haze hybrids out there i think.

Any selection i did was for smoke quality never yield or taste but bonus if it tastes nice n yields big.

I have a Thai that smokes like the best haze clean stripy strong high with no ceiling and i also have an old red Colombian line and can get hold of a different Colombian from a mates uncle that i like also to try n see how each would combine to the Thai.I had planned to work on a haze type line but will in time.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran

I looked again and that's 100% correct...here I thought he was selling them as haze hybrids.

Still though...I'm curious to see what Todd comes up with. I may send a DM and ask him if he can clarify as there isn't a whole lot of info on the site.

@Hempy...adding your "Hempy Thai" to a proven Colombian sounds awesome...combining those two lines together might be the ticket!

HB.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

I stand corrected.

[FONT=&quot]Original Haze was first bred in 1969 in the Santa Cruz Mountains by a gentleman named G. G exchanged seeds with Skunkman Sam who in turn turn saved the variety and turned on the world to Haze.
I begot these seeds directly from Skunkman Sam and I am reproducing them under his guidance.
Seeds will be available by April 20, 2020.
Seeds are $10.00 ea. and will be sold in packs of 5 at $50.00 each pack.
You can preorder the seeds and pay for them now and you will get more than you paid for as a thank you, and you will be among the first to receive them when they are available.

So his found one Male but is it SkHz like Dark Storm said or is it pure Haze

[/FONT]

TheDarkStorm

The NL affect i hate i call it a dirty / high/stone not a fan i told Nev this and he understood exactly what i was talking about.NL is a great strain for some not me i see it as a tool.

Dont get me wrong SSH was a great strain i saw huge plants with big yields of great potent buds but not something i enjoyed smoking.I did a thread at Mr nice plants were over 6ft up then trained side ways.

Out of all the Dutch Haze hybrids or heavy sat i loved Mango Haze SkHz NH and old Kali mist really surprised me.

Not a fan of those muddied efects myself..for me I preferd the longer lasting high types..hard to find stuff like that now...you guys are a bit luckier wer you are...some of the beter stuff has managed to stay preserved...most of the stuff our way turned to crap not long after the 2000's hit.

TheDarkStorm

I stand corrected.

[FONT=&quot]Original Haze was first bred in 1969 in the Santa Cruz Mountains by a gentleman named G. G exchanged seeds with Skunkman Sam who in turn turn saved the variety and turned on the world to Haze.
I begot these seeds directly from Skunkman Sam and I am reproducing them under his guidance.
Seeds will be available by April 20, 2020.
Seeds are $10.00 ea. and will be sold in packs of 5 at $50.00 each pack.
You can preorder the seeds and pay for them now and you will get more than you paid for as a thank you, and you will be among the first to receive them when they are available.

So his found one Male but is it SkHz like Dark Storm said or is it pure Haze

[/FONT]

Chek out the picture hes got...especially the leaves...they resemble the old skunks...lol the funny thing is some one was arguing with me earlier saying nevil didnt get 69 haze seeds..lol has the story changed now...buy the way sams said for years now that non ov those old seeds are left..only his own work

Last edited:

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
picture.php

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Chek out the picture hes got...especially the leaves...they resemble the old skunks...lol the funny thing is some one was arguing with me earlier saying nevil didnt get 69 haze seeds..lol has the story changed now...buy the way sams said for years now that non ov those old seeds are left..only his own work

Funny you should post that it dose looks like Skunk a mate i sent the link to Nevs mate in Canada said the exact same thing.I thought it my self when i saw it to.I know what Nev had told me but i am trying to mellow these days and pick my fights.No point kicking a dead horse proof is in the seed.Saying that i would love to grow some of Sam's original haze and try it.

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
I looked again and that's 100% correct...here I thought he was selling them as haze hybrids.

Still though...I'm curious to see what Todd comes up with. I may send a DM and ask him if he can clarify as there isn't a whole lot of info on the site.

@Hempy...adding your "Hempy Thai" to a proven Colombian sounds awesome...combining those two lines together might be the ticket!

HB.

Look at his Facebook. Tons of info on there about it.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Chatting waiting for delivery for a while we called to ask, and not long afterwords a mowhawk sporting runner sprung from the bushes of Golden Gates park hastily trekking our bud to its destination and just as fast as he appeared vanished back through the city blocks on his converse all stars.

One time a person asked for my pager and kept it, come visit my neighborhood and I'll give it back I think were his words, like years later asked if I wanted to smoke a beady on the muni car, this motorola however lasted some time. As in mine, parent adult school people medical school doctors anyone reading applications completely ignored not listening at all what so ever, really defeats the purpose of doctor and law enforcement does it not? The kid sold weed who literally every single person knows in town and who is pretending like the good guys aren't so and vice versa? Cops and medical administrators play both sides of the law when it comes to literally the text book definition of spying on people even or especially citizens with the best humanitarian intentions. When you selectively spy and arrest and intentionally ignore and deceive?

Last edited: