Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Micro Grows > Q3corn's dank mini adventures

Thread Title Search
Q3corn's dank mini adventures Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-25-2019, 07:21 PM #1
q3corn

q3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really nice
Q3corn's dank mini adventures

Hey, folks! I'm back in action after moving and such. I only have space to grow in my micro cabinet, so I've got that up and running with a nearly endless supply of seeds to experiment with.

Space:
1ft x 1ft x 2ft hand built cabinet painted white
3x e27 light sockets, plenty of chopped LED's to use. I've maxed out at 42 watts though
1 120mm pc fan for exhaust
No carbon scrubber, don't need one yet

It took me a while to hunt down the parts for the lighting housing, but I really like the socket and bracket method I have, and the wago connectors are a dream to work with! Here's a close-up:

Started to pop some seeds just to see if some new ones I made last year were up to par, and I got 12/12 on germination in less than 3 days! I got some babies to take care of! I'll probably gift about half of them out, though. Can't keep more than 4 in here realistically.

Strains:
top: 9lb Hammer x Sour Urkel Vulcan
bottom: Jack Herer x Purple Goat

So now I've got them all in rock wool cubes and ready to sprout. Just 4 days after putting them in paper towels and I've already got plenty of seedlings to take care of. Currently under 14watts of LED from Philips. 2700k until they get their first real leaves, then I'll switch to a 5000k bulb for veg

________

Some of these bulbs are 4 years old and still going strong! I'm sure the e27 LED tech has improved a good amount since I got these, but I'm so pleased with the value I've gotten that I'm gonna keep them until they shit the bed. Each one of those bulbs was less than $6, so the math checks out to this being a killer deal.

This being such a small grow, my nutrient and soil costs will be minimal too. Thinking of going with Biobizz for nutes again as I've had good experience with them in the past. A sampler pack will get me through a cycle without issue. I still have some soil bagged up from my old space, so that'll be useable still.

Happy growing, folks! I'm happy to answer any questions. Stay chill
q3corn is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-25-2019, 11:20 PM #2
blynx
WALSTIB

blynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud of
Are you going to flower all the females you get or do you have a certain number of plants you would like to run in the cab?

I'm using 4yr old led screw-ins and they are still going strong too. I plan on using them until they stop working.
blynx is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-25-2019, 11:29 PM #3
q3corn

q3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really nice
Blynx:
I think I'm gonna keep 6 and sex them, and then flower whatever females come from there. I can repot them into quart-sized pots I made so I can fit 4 easily, but can't realistically fit more. I may keep 8 plants just to see if I get 4 females.

You were the dude that blew the lid off screw-in LEDs for me, so thanks!
q3corn is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-27-2019, 06:06 PM #4
q3corn

Everybody is out of their shells and above the soil! I raised up the base so they could be closer to the light, but I'm not sure if it was enough. Some of these seedlings are still stretching a bit. What do you guys think?

q3corn is offline Quote

Old 12-28-2019, 02:17 AM #5
blynx
WALSTIB

blynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud of
Switch to the 5000k bulb

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-28-2019, 10:38 PM #6
q3corn

Blynx: done. is 2700k not good for seedlings?
q3corn is offline Quote

Old 12-28-2019, 10:54 PM #7
starke

starke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond repute
The 5000k is better for veg growth. The 2700k is better for flower.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

ACTIVE

Outdoor Hydro Herbs and Leafy Greens (Current Grow Begins on Page 5)

Completed
starke is offline Quote

Old 12-29-2019, 02:20 PM #8
blynx
WALSTIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by starke View Post
The 5000k is better for veg growth. The 2700k is better for flower.
^What he said.

I use daylight (5000k) bulbs for veg and soft white (2700k) bulbs for flower

Old 12-29-2019, 10:43 PM #9
q3corn

Noted!
q3corn is offline Quote

Old 12-31-2019, 08:51 PM #10
q3corn

Well, 2 seedlings died last night, not sure what happened. Maybe they got over-watered, I'm not sure.

Anyway, today the remaining 10 will be potted into 16oz solo cups, and since my cab can realistically only fit 9 plants, I will have to choose which runt gets tossed and/or gifted away. Starting to think running this cab at 12/12 soon will be good if I do all 9. Having some variety will be nice, and since I'm running the odds of 50% being females, then I'll at least have some breathing room with the 16oz cups vs the 32oz pots I was planning on using.

Pics to come after repotting!
q3corn is offline Quote