Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Which ACE strains similar to old school strains (Colombian Gold, Oaxacan Highland)

Thread Title Search
Which ACE strains similar to old school strains (Colombian Gold, Oaxacan Highland) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2019, 03:03 AM #1
farm3r

farm3r has a spectacular aura aboutfarm3r has a spectacular aura aboutfarm3r has a spectacular aura aboutfarm3r has a spectacular aura aboutfarm3r has a spectacular aura about
Which ACE strains similar to old school strains (Colombian Gold, Oaxacan Highland)

I am on a quest to look for strains that are similar to the old school strains of the 70's. Of course, I can grab some of these landraces but the indoor tent growth and long flowering time might be a bit too much in testing my patience, so I look to ACE to help me out.

By similar I mean in terms of aroma, taste/flavor, and effect...incense, tropical, electric, soaring, enery, psychedelic, trippy, clear, no ceiling, etc.

Please list which of ACE's strain are similar to the strains below. Of course, ACE might not have stuff similar to some of these.

Basically, I am looking for stuff similar to old school Mexican, Central and South American stuff.

Colombian Gold - ?

Oaxacan Gold/Highland - ? (Cannabiogen Destroyer?)

Acapulco Gold - ?

Punto Rojo - ?

Panama Red - ACE's Panama
And anything that I might have missed?
farm3r is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:29 AM #2
Mr D

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm3r View Post
I am on a quest to look for strains that are similar to the old school strains of the 70's. Of course, I can grab some of these landraces but the indoor tent growth and long flowering time might be a bit too much in testing my patience, so I look to ACE to help me out.

By similar I mean in terms of aroma, taste/flavor, and effect...incense, tropical, electric, soaring, enery, psychedelic, trippy, clear, no ceiling, etc.

Please list which of ACE's strain are similar to the strains below. Of course, ACE might not have stuff similar to some of these.

Basically, I am looking for stuff similar to old school Mexican, Central and South American stuff.

Colombian Gold - ?

Oaxacan Gold/Highland - ? (Cannabiogen Destroyer?)

Acapulco Gold - ?

Punto Rojo - ?

Panama Red - ACE's Panama
And anything that I might have missed?
Zamladelica

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:37 AM #3
farm3r

farm3r has a spectacular aura aboutfarm3r has a spectacular aura aboutfarm3r has a spectacular aura aboutfarm3r has a spectacular aura aboutfarm3r has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr D View Post
Zamladelica

Which of the strain above is Zamaldelica similar to? Or do you mean that it is similar to ALL of the the 70's south and central American smokes?
farm3r is offline Quote

Old 12-13-2019, 03:45 AM #4
BenoitV1984

BenoitV1984 is a name known to allBenoitV1984 is a name known to allBenoitV1984 is a name known to allBenoitV1984 is a name known to allBenoitV1984 is a name known to allBenoitV1984 is a name known to allBenoitV1984 is a name known to allBenoitV1984 is a name known to allBenoitV1984 is a name known to allBenoitV1984 is a name known to allBenoitV1984 is a name known to all
Zamaldelica is nothing like central american sativa.

The following are the best chance to find what you are looking for.

Honduras

Honduras x Panama (also available as feminized)

Panama (also available as feminized)

Panama x Tikal (only available as feminized)

Purple Honduras Haze

Tikal (also available as feminized)

Last edited by BenoitV1984; 12-13-2019 at 03:56 AM.. Reason: Added links
BenoitV1984 is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:57 AM #5
farm3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenoitV1984 View Post

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/...ndurasstd.html

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/...panamastd.html (also available as feminized)

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/...panamastd.html (also available as feminized)

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/...ashazestd.html

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/.../tikalstd.html

Yeh, that's what I thought. Zamaldelica is known for its potential psychedelic characteristics.

Yeh, I've spent hours going through ACE's website and thought I would also ask here as people have grown and tasted them personally.

Thank you, I'll look into these.
farm3r is offline Quote

Old 12-13-2019, 04:04 AM #6
Breadwizard

Breadwizard is a splendid one to beholdBreadwizard is a splendid one to beholdBreadwizard is a splendid one to beholdBreadwizard is a splendid one to beholdBreadwizard is a splendid one to beholdBreadwizard is a splendid one to beholdBreadwizard is a splendid one to beholdBreadwizard is a splendid one to beholdBreadwizard is a splendid one to beholdBreadwizard is a splendid one to beholdBreadwizard is a splendid one to behold
Cannabiogen has released thier "Red Snake" which is Colombian x Mexican, should be similar to what you're looking for
Breadwizard is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:09 AM #7
BenoitV1984

BenoitV1984 is a name known to allBenoitV1984 is a name known to allBenoitV1984 is a name known to allBenoitV1984 is a name known to allBenoitV1984 is a name known to allBenoitV1984 is a name known to allBenoitV1984 is a name known to allBenoitV1984 is a name known to allBenoitV1984 is a name known to allBenoitV1984 is a name known to allBenoitV1984 is a name known to all
From that list, I only grew Tikal so I can’t speak for the other. The peach/incensey pheno is definitely a keeper, and I’ve been told from some friends it is indeed old school. Nothing like modern dutch hybrids...
BenoitV1984 is offline Quote

Old 12-13-2019, 04:10 AM #8
farm3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadwizard View Post
Cannabiogen has released thier "Red Snake" which is Colombian x Mexican, should be similar to what you're looking for

Oh yeh, I forgot about Red Snake. I already got those. Thanks.
farm3r is offline Quote

Old 12-13-2019, 06:29 AM #9
deepwaterdude

deepwaterdude has a brilliant futuredeepwaterdude has a brilliant futuredeepwaterdude has a brilliant futuredeepwaterdude has a brilliant futuredeepwaterdude has a brilliant futuredeepwaterdude has a brilliant futuredeepwaterdude has a brilliant futuredeepwaterdude has a brilliant futuredeepwaterdude has a brilliant futuredeepwaterdude has a brilliant futuredeepwaterdude has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenoitV1984 View Post

Honduras

Honduras x Panama (also available as feminized)

Panama (also available as feminized)

Panama x Tikal (only available as feminized)

Purple Honduras Haze

Tikal (also available as feminized)
I agree with this list, if you seem to be looking for some oldschool, great smoke. I would even leave the tikal off, to narrow things a bit, and add panama haze. Otherwise, right on. Edit: and if you do Zamaldelica, go for the regs to get more tropical expressions.

Old 12-13-2019, 06:47 AM #10
farm3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepwaterdude View Post
I agree with this list, if you seem to be looking for some oldschool, great smoke. I would even leave the tikal off, to narrow things a bit, and add panama haze. Otherwise, right on. Edit: and if you do Zamaldelica, go for the regs to get more tropical expressions.

Awesome input! The community is coming through. And yes, I am indeed looking for old school great smoke! I feel like the current polyhybrid world is out of hand. Crosses gone wild!

I already got some Zamaldelica fem, but next time I'll grab some reg too and hopefully I'd get that "crazy" pheno. Yeh, Panama Haze was on the list and am trying to narrow the choices down a bit more.
farm3r is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.