Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Killer A5 Haze - Koon's winter haze journey

Thread Title Search
Killer A5 Haze - Koon's winter haze journey Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2019, 08:42 PM #1
Koondense

Koondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivor
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Killer A5 Haze - Koon's winter haze journey

Hola Ace people,
I'm very happy to start a new journey with a new Ace plant, not exactly new but it's my first time
It's a nice Killer A5 Haze female plant which for now has the "working name" Winter Haze.
Sprouted one seed and got one healthy and vigorous plant, as almost always she didn't get the best start because of low temperatures and many other factors, now she's transplanted in a 25 l smart pot with a pretty strong soil mix. I feel it's a bit too much but it's a calculated gamble to try some new stuff in my mixes and feeding approach.
Anyway, she's not alone, has two friends, one is Lemon Drizzle(other thread) and one is a seed of last summer grow, Panalawi x (Taskenti x Satori), the plant has not sexed yet and is named Line 1. If she turns out female, fine; if it's a male he will be a happy stud for the other two ladies so the line will continue.

Killer A5 Haze - "Winter Haze"

"Line 1", F1 polyhybrid - Panalawi(Panama x Malawi) x (Taskenti x Satori)

Both are showing some slight leaf tip burn but I'm not worried about it, they should get over it quite quickly and start growing like crazy...if my calculations are right lol

That's it for now, hoping for a not too crazy winter.

Cheers
Koondense is offline Quote

19 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-17-2019, 12:06 PM #2
Koondense

Koondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivor
Quick update.

Looks like I has a bit clumsy while repotting, i think the A5M had some damage to the roots and stopped developing new growth for a week, i thought it was the soil mix but it was root damage, i'm sure about it.
So this means she's a bit behind in development but is vigorous enough to bounce back quickly and fill the canopy in same time as other plants.
Standard lst is being applied, some slight defoliation and we're on route to have a nice little tree quite soon.

More to come in the future days.

Cheers

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-29-2019, 02:29 PM #3
Koondense

Time for an update,
full recovery for the Killer A5 Haze, so glad she's now overgrowing the other plants
The light schedule is now almost a week into 12/12 and the stretch has started, the girls will get a net for their to-become heavy branches, so nothing new from my side, growing as usual and taking good care of their feeding. My feed schedule is a bit on the heavier side since I want to keep more fan leaves into flower, they will also need nutrients because of pruning and for better recovery.

Kiler A5 Haze - winter haze, start of stretch

Her structure is very stable, the stem and branches are very strong and supportive, grow pattern should be similar to a christmas tree with a heavy cola. I like to open the canopy soon in veg to expose all branches so I can get a flat bushy type of growth when the net gets applied. For now the growth is amazing and is taking training very well, hopefully I can manage to save most branches and let them grow upwards through the scrog net.

All for now, can't wait for the preflowers just after new year's eve

Cheers

14 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-05-2020, 10:58 AM #4
dubi
Vendor

dubi has a reputation beyond reputedubi has a reputation beyond reputedubi has a reputation beyond reputedubi has a reputation beyond reputedubi has a reputation beyond reputedubi has a reputation beyond reputedubi has a reputation beyond reputedubi has a reputation beyond reputedubi has a reputation beyond reputedubi has a reputation beyond reputedubi has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Koondense,

Thanks for including a Killer A5 Haze in your indoor winter grow
A rich soil mix is a wise choice for this sativa hybrid, it can take LOTS of nutrients, and it certainly needs them throughout its extended flowering times and to reach its yield potential.

Best wishes for the flowering stage!
dubi is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:27 PM #5
mr.brunch

mr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivor
Missed this one somehow...
Pulling up a seat

https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

Eric Idle, monty pythons meaning of life:

Whenever life gets you down, Mrs. Brown,
And things seem hard or tough,
And people are stupid, obnoxious or daft,
And you feel that you've had quite eno-o-o-o-o-ough...

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at 900 miles an hour.
It's orbiting at 90 miles a second, so it's reckoned,
The sun that is the source of all our power.
The the sun, and you and me, and all the stars that we can see,
Are moving at a million miles a day,
In an outer spiral arm, at 40, 000 miles an hour,
Of a galaxy we call the Milky Way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.
mr.brunch is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:11 PM #6
dimodz
Elite StrainCloneHunter

dimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud of
i take a seat here dude ...

H
ybridsFromHell

dimodz is online now Quote

Old 01-06-2020, 07:25 PM #7
Koondense

Hi guys,
thanks for chiming in, I hope you're all comfortable
Dubi, it's my pleasure to grow the Killer A5 Haze, wanted to give her a go in the past but lack of confidence was stopping me. Now after growing Thai x Panama nothing can stop me

Short update,
since the plant has interesting branching at 90°angle out of the stem, she wants to occupy more room than available, so I have extra work to bring branches in a desired position on the net. Not an easy one to get a flat canopy and the stretch has just started.
I feel this grow will be almost as challenging as with the summer sativas, hopefully ont many things will go wrong.

The plants are in transition to flower, no true flowers yet but we're almost there.
The "line 1" finally revealed she's a proper girl so I'm extra happy to have luck in finding and growing for my first time a plant from a seed I made on purpose.

The Killer A5 Haze or WinterHaze

"Line 1" or Panalawi x (TaskentixSatori) - double serrations can only be a good thing

Awaiting some smell development along with more stretching, for now it's an overall organic, compost, pines and hops smell, nothing too particular at this stage.
More to come next week.

Cheers

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2020, 07:31 PM #8
Koondense

Forgot something,
she's not supposed to get much attention in this thread, but just wanted to add I'm also growing again the Oaxaca x Panama.
She's quite fast to start and looking very nice as did the mom.

Oaxaca x Panama clone

Lovely lady, she's gonna be lucky and be one of the mothers for my next "lines", getting some pollen from the OGxC99 male. Just chucked some on the Zam#1 lady
Making seeds is so exciting

Cheers

15 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:15 AM #9
Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Ur Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant future
Everything looking great!

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

"I think the big mistake in schools is trying to teach children anything, and by using fear as the basic motivation. Fear of getting failing grades, fear of not staying with your class, etc. Interest can produce learning on a scale compared to fear as a nuclear explosion to a firecracker." - Stanley Kubrick

Believe at your own peril...
Ur Humbl Nr8tor is offline Quote

Old 01-23-2020, 08:25 PM #10
Koondense

A5 Malawi is one hell of a plant, vigorous and stretchy, many budsites and promising a great show Had some work with her canopy management, now she's ready to grow some buds.
A good show already:

Canopy

She's constantly with clawed leaves, no issues apart that.

Cheers

4 members found this post helpful.