Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > The Haze Hybrid Thread

Thread Title Search
The Haze Hybrid Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2019, 07:34 PM #1
Raho

Raho has a brilliant futureRaho has a brilliant futureRaho has a brilliant futureRaho has a brilliant futureRaho has a brilliant futureRaho has a brilliant futureRaho has a brilliant futureRaho has a brilliant futureRaho has a brilliant futureRaho has a brilliant futureRaho has a brilliant future
The Haze Hybrid Thread

I love haze!
. . . and because I love haze, I love haze hybrids.
To me, an infusion of the right haze can improve the quality of high for almost any strain.

=========================
Why do I love haze?
There is a magical quality from those old Colombian genetics that brings me right back to 1978, a kid riding home on my bike after smoking some rich Colombian brown, and as the effects started to come on, the energy of natural world opened up around me and connected with my soul like a computer connecting with an unseen wireless network.
I was plugged in!
The radiance of the sun, feeling that energy on my skin.
The light filtering through the tree branches and leaves above me. Sparkling green and gold electricity. Alive and communicating.
The wind not just in my face from pedaling hard, but swirling all around me, alive, and feeding life. Tree branches swaying in the breeze like a dance. I was very much aware of passing THROUGH it. The sound as it whipped past . . . turbulent . . . a signal of progress.
The smells. It was springtime and there were flowers and fresh turned dirt from the farmers field on my right. Asphalt heating up beneath me. All charged to release by the heat of the sun.
My movements were fluid and smooth. My body charged with the energy that surrounded me and that surged within me.
Limitless. Painless. Euphoria.
And that was just the beginning :-)
Yeah. Haze does the exact same thing to me now. 40 years later.
When I realized that MNS Haze C and Seedsman's oHaze were pure Colombian that hit me exactly like the Colombian I smoked the first time I got high, I felt like the luckiest guy on earth.
As a grower though, I preferred a different structure, shorter flower times, and I had LOVED the hashy smell and taste of indicas since I grew a bunch of them in '82.
So I have to admit I was afraid of disappointment when I grew a batch of oHaze hybrids I made with pollen from my oHaze male on a bunch of elite cuttings held by a great friend.
Chem D, Chem 4, ECSD, OGkush. These are notoriously potent and smelly indicas. Would my oHaze be lost in the mashup? What kind of effects could I expect?
Growing them was easy enough. The flower time shortened to around 12 weeks. The buds looked amazing, slightly looser than the mothers that made the seeds. Smells somehow altered with a the addition of rich Colombian cocoa earthy spice.
Although each of the 4 hybrids retained the unique character of the mother in taste and effect, they had all been infused with the addition of taste and effects from the oHaze male.
The magic was still in them!
Yeah, the OG x oBoy could blast me to flat line when I first started smoking her, and the others were definitely not as clear headed as the oHaze (electric, amped up, sometimes too much.) But I LIKE the hybrid effect. Like being wrapped in a warm blanket when looking at the stars at night.
After a while, I found that I could handle any of them at any time. Just took "practice" LOL.
It become my daily ritual. Coffee and my hybrids, on the porch with my dog. Experiencing all the magic haze can bring as the sun and wind started their dance with the trees surrounding my yard.

Why make another haze thread?
I am making this thread as a place to come and discuss your favorite haze hybrids. Whether you bred the seeds yourself or got them from another. Bought the flowers or grew them.
This thread is wide open to discuss anything you want about those lines.
I don't even care if you want to come here and explain why PURE haze is better than a hybrid, but if you do, you must do it with respect to other people's preferences.
I would also expect you to make your point once and then let it go. Posting the same old points over and over again is nagging, tiresome, and and a foolish way to try and change anyone's thinking.
If you can't do those things, I'll ask the post killers to do their jobs.
So . . . Haze x NL? SSH? Blue Dream? Haze x Malawi? Haze x Lapis Mountain Indica? Mango, Ghost Train, Johnny Blaze, Nevil's Haze, Amnesia, Titans haze, you name it. Please bring it all here!
Share your pics, share your grows, and share your smoke reports
This thread is the place for you. And everyone else who shares the passion for a great balanced Haze hybrid.
Looking forward to all the great stories and info!

PS: Like they say on youtube, please "Link" "Like" and "Subscribe"

Most famous Haze Hybrid EVER:
Nevil's NL#5 x Haze A

My old oHaze grow:
Everything x oBoy

"Germinating old seed out of catalogue is like getting a glance at a moment of space and time that is gone and is a beautiful alchemy of catching the vibes of that time locked in the seed."
-- FunkyHorse

Last edited by Raho; 02-05-2020 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: Added pic per Johnny Chicago suggestion
Raho is offline Quote

36 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:40 PM #2
Raho

Raho has a brilliant futureRaho has a brilliant futureRaho has a brilliant futureRaho has a brilliant futureRaho has a brilliant futureRaho has a brilliant futureRaho has a brilliant futureRaho has a brilliant futureRaho has a brilliant futureRaho has a brilliant futureRaho has a brilliant future
A few pics to get things started.
This is an old grow, so don't judge :-)
Biker Kush OG x oBoy haze

ECSD (Sour Dom) x oBoy

Chem#4 x oBoy
My old oHaze grow:
Everything x oBoy

"Germinating old seed out of catalogue is like getting a glance at a moment of space and time that is gone and is a beautiful alchemy of catching the vibes of that time locked in the seed."
-- FunkyHorse
Raho is offline Quote

28 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:40 PM #3
Mohadib

Mohadib is a splendid one to beholdMohadib is a splendid one to beholdMohadib is a splendid one to beholdMohadib is a splendid one to beholdMohadib is a splendid one to beholdMohadib is a splendid one to beholdMohadib is a splendid one to beholdMohadib is a splendid one to beholdMohadib is a splendid one to beholdMohadib is a splendid one to beholdMohadib is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raho View Post

PS: Like they say on youtube, please "Link" "Like" and "Subscribe"

Well, if you say so - done!
Mohadib is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:45 PM #4
Raho

Dried Flower Pics:

Biker OG x oBoy

Chem#4 x oBoy

ECSD x oBoy

OK, now don't leave me hangin!
Show some gear, Haze Fam
My old oHaze grow:
Everything x oBoy

-- FunkyHorse
Raho is offline Quote

28 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:57 PM #5
BeAn v.2.0

BeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud ofBeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud ofBeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud ofBeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud ofBeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud ofBeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud ofBeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud ofBeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud ofBeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud ofBeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud ofBeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud of
Shit man they look so damn tasty!
BeAn v.2.0 is offline Quote

Old 11-26-2019, 08:11 PM #6
Raho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeAn v.2.0 View Post
Shit man they look so damn tasty!
Oh yeah!
Tastes . . .
Biker OG x oBoy
Buttery hash x earthy incense

ECSD x oBoy
Sour Fuel x earthy incense

Chem#4 x oBoy
Citrus hash x earthy incense

Honestly, it was as simple as that.
I may have gone into more detail when I grew them, but it was a straight 1 + 1 thing with those elites.

Effects were a little more variable.
The Chem#4 was my favorite out of all of them across the board.
My old oHaze grow:
Everything x oBoy

-- FunkyHorse
Raho is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:34 PM #7
TheDarkStorm

TheDarkStorm has a brilliant futureTheDarkStorm has a brilliant futureTheDarkStorm has a brilliant futureTheDarkStorm has a brilliant futureTheDarkStorm has a brilliant futureTheDarkStorm has a brilliant futureTheDarkStorm has a brilliant futureTheDarkStorm has a brilliant futureTheDarkStorm has a brilliant futureTheDarkStorm has a brilliant futureTheDarkStorm has a brilliant future
Hey raho nice work...im not too clued up on some of these newer hybrids, I just wondered wat the genetics of oboy actually are ??
TheDarkStorm is offline Quote

Old 11-26-2019, 08:42 PM #8
mr.brunch

mr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivor

https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

Dire straits, brothers in arms:

Now the sun's gone to hell
And
The moon's riding high
Let me bid you farewell
Every man has to die
But it's written in the starlight
And every line in your palm
We are fools to make war
On our brothers in arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.
mr.brunch is online now Quote

Old 11-26-2019, 08:44 PM #9
Raho

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkStorm View Post
Hey raho nice work...im not too clued up on some of these newer hybrids, I just wondered wat the genetics of oboy actually are ??

It's a seedsman ohaze line I got from a member here years ago.
"oBoy" = my oHaze male.

Check the thread in my signature for the whole story.
All I have left of him is hybrids now, and a couple of 7 year old pollen packets.
My old oHaze grow:
Everything x oBoy

-- FunkyHorse
Raho is offline Quote

Old 11-26-2019, 08:46 PM #10
harvestreaper

harvestreaper has a brilliant futureharvestreaper has a brilliant futureharvestreaper has a brilliant futureharvestreaper has a brilliant futureharvestreaper has a brilliant futureharvestreaper has a brilliant futureharvestreaper has a brilliant futureharvestreaper has a brilliant futureharvestreaper has a brilliant futureharvestreaper has a brilliant futureharvestreaper has a brilliant future
nice one raho
allow me to contribute

harvestreaper is offline Quote

25 members found this post helpful.