What's new

Rotate Pix

Boocoodinkydow

My pix are loading to my album sideways. I see an edit tab when I load it but it doesn’t give me any options to edit. Am I missing something or is this one of the privileges that will become available when I hit 50 posts?:dunno:

Hookahhead

The edit feature only allows you to change the text associated with the picture.

Your photos are being turned sideways because they were taken sideways on a cellphone. The phone uses a special tag to let it know it’s sideways and displays it in the proper orientation. ICMag strips these tags as they can contain sensitive information like location, time, device, etc. So when it’s uploaded there is nothing to tell it to change orientation. The main way we all get around it is by cropping the image before uploading. On my phone, I literally resize just a bit sometimes. Im not sure exactly what this changes, but photo will have the correct orientation when you upload it.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
On my phone, you can rotate the image...then upload it. Any Android can rotate pics, I'm sure iOS can too.

But yeah rotate them on your phone, or on computer, if they are sideways, and then upload. You won't loose and quality doing this way. It would be nice if we had that feature, but it's simply enough. What kind of phone do you have or computer do you use? Could prolly walk ya threw it.

Boocoodinkydow

On my phone, you can rotate the image...then upload it. Any Android can rotate pics, I'm sure iOS can too.

But yeah rotate them on your phone, or on computer, if they are sideways, and then upload. You won't loose and quality doing this way. It would be nice if we had that feature, but it's simply enough. What kind of phone do you have or computer do you use? Could prolly walk ya threw it.

Thanx for that suggestion. I’m using an iPad. The last attempt, I did rotate it 90 degrees but when I uploaded the rotated pic it still laid it down, just 180 degrees from the first attempt. Color me snake bit!

Bobby Boucher

I'm such a noob. The only way I've been able get my photos upright is by uploading them to an album here first.

Color me stupid.

Boocoodinkydow

The edit feature only allows you to change the text associated with the picture.

Your photos are being turned sideways because they were taken sideways on a cellphone. The phone uses a special tag to let it know it’s sideways and displays it in the proper orientation. ICMag strips these tags as they can contain sensitive information like location, time, device, etc. So when it’s uploaded there is nothing to tell it to change orientation. The main way we all get around it is by cropping the image before uploading. On my phone, I literally resize just a bit sometimes. Im not sure exactly what this changes, but photo will have the correct orientation when you upload it.

Thank you sir. Running some tests with cropping and got useable results.