What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northernlight and spacemonkey 600w SCROG

unnamedmike

Hi mates. :tiphat:

I gonna start a new growlog
This time there are only 3 plants, and from selected cuttings, not from seed. Two Northernlight and a spacemonkey.
They have been 12 hours under the net adapting to the new light.
They gonna be at 18/6 until they fill the canopy (2 or 3 weeks?) but I don't care, I have the jars full of medicine xD
I will take advantage of these weeks before flowering to make a couple of necessary modifications to the room.

photoperiod: 18/6
co2: 1300ppm
temp: 28ºc
RH: 60%
nutrients: 640ppm

spacemonkey in the middle

picture.php

Hi mates. :tiphat:

I gonna start a new growlog
This time there are only 3 plants, and from selected cuttings, not from seed. Two Northernlight and a spacemonkey.
They have been 12 hours under the net adapting to the new light.
They gonna be at 18/6 until they fill the canopy (2 or 3 weeks?) but I don't care, I have the jars full of medicine xD
I will take advantage of these weeks before flowering to make a couple of necessary modifications to the room.

photoperiod: 18/6
co2: 1300ppm
temp: 28ºc
RH: 60%
nutrients: 640ppm

spacemonkey in the middle

View Image

I like your set-up too. What are you using for drainage? Looks like something I would use.
I'm running 6 space monkey from seed so I'm happy to watch.

Good luck

unnamedmike

darksider, bibi40, fixer welcome and thanks for stopping by, glad to see you around

Yesterday when the lights go on, i picked up one pot, Plants didn't seem like they eat / grow well and I thought it was over watering (1 daily) With horror i noticed that the pot looked like air filled and just a few hours after the watering ... since yesterday im watering 5 times at day, by hand ... xD It doesn't bother me much, it's only until the watering part in the grow controller is functional.

It's less than 30 hours since im watering 5 times day, but i see them grow more and more green, Im glad i didn't make a bigger mistake, this time :biggrin:

picture.php

spacemonkey

picture.php

The Co2 / temperature / humidity probe is in the blooming room since yesterday.

picture.php

picture.php

P

pongster

the grow of the future,
i'm in!

mucha suerte hermano,
un abrazo
:rasta:

unnamedmike

I'm having some troubles adapting me to the new system, like everything else, it has its learning curve, but it's a bit frustrating.

The ph meter has begun to die and from needs a monthly calibration pass to need be calibrated before each use, and it takes me too long to realize (in the photo its seen that there are too many brown roots ...)

The mycorrhizae brand that i use got a lot of clay dust and now the substrate is too compact, it doesn't drain and the roots have a hard time developing.
To solve the clay substrate and with too many unhealthy roots problem, i re potted in 3gl fabricpot with new cococoir. Also added root excel to this watering.

Also the plants were receiving too much light and especially the spacemonkey suffered it. The lamp was dimmed at maximum and too close. They been with less light for a few days and the yellow leaves are turning green , and "praying" to the light. Hope the effort returns them her natural vigor.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
P

pongster

hi brother, glad things are bouncing back,
did you switch from soil mix to coco? didn't find the substrate info in your thread,
are you using drip clean?
cheers and beware of the stretch,

unnamedmike

hi brother, glad things are bouncing back,
did you switch from soil mix to coco? didn't find the substrate info in your thread,
are you using drip clean?
cheers and beware of the stretch,

Hi pongster :tiphat:
they was potted in (too much) reused 1gl cococoir at first, but all was ok before i add the "mycorrhizae". And yesterday they was re potted to 3gl pots with new cococoir, 2gl more per plant, and i need a new mycorrhizae supplier xD.

In next crops, im gonna re use only a half of the used cococoir to avoid this kind of problems, and may be add some perlite.

I dont use drip clean and i never tryed this product, do the work? the label say dripclean is fosforic acid and potassium oxide (my ph+ is potassium hydroxide and my ph- sulfuric acid), but my DIY recipes "book" say drip clean is 0.15g/L salt, 0.15g/L baking soda and 10g/L glucose.

cheers :ying:

P

pongster

Hi pongster :tiphat:
they was potted in (too much) reused 1gl cococoir at first, but all was ok before i add the "mycorrhizae". And yesterday they was re potted to 3gl pots with new cococoir, 2gl more per plant, and i need a new mycorrhizae supplier xD.

In next crops, im gonna re use only a half of the used cococoir to avoid this kind of problems, and may be add some perlite.

I dont use drip clean and i never tryed this product, do the work? the label say dripclean is fosforic acid and potassium oxide (my ph+ is potassium hydroxide and my ph- sulfuric acid), but my DIY recipes "book" say drip clean is 0.15g/L salt, 0.15g/L baking soda and 10g/L glucose.

cheers :ying:

hey bro,
i'm not an experienced coco guy, perhaps its better to always start with new coco, and maybe experiment flushing some used coco after a crop and see how that goes. i just buy canna coco bags.

on drip clean, again i'm not really experienced, but i have been using it from the beginning of my current crop, and since after i installed my blumats (Oct 18) i have had zero runoff in my tent, no salt buildup and the plants look quite fine. so i guess it does work.
i also saw the ingredients, but there's a lot of ways to mix and prepare solutions like these, and for that know-how is what we pay for. it's like that black cola drink... both big brands are basically the same, but they are really different.

anyways, i'm glad you are bouncing back and the growtron 3000 is running smoothly,
cheers!
un abrazo

unnamedmike

hey bro,
i'm not an experienced coco guy, perhaps its better to always start with new coco, and maybe experiment flushing some used coco after a crop and see how that goes. i just buy canna coco bags.
on drip clean, again i'm not really experienced, but i have been using it from the beginning of my current crop, and since after i installed my blumats (Oct 18) i have had zero runoff in my tent, no salt buildup and the plants look quite fine. so i guess it does work.
i also saw the ingredients, but there's a lot of ways to mix and prepare solutions like these, and for that know-how is what we pay for. it's like that black cola drink... both big brands are basically the same, but they are really different.

anyways, i'm glad you are bouncing back and the growtron 3000 is running smoothly,
cheers!
un abrazo

Hi bro :tiphat:
I reuse the coconut several times, when it starts compacting, i mix it with new coco, and at the end of its life, it ends in the back garden.
I live in southeastern Mexico, I can't go to a growshop to buy anything, or order it online (years back i bought ascopillum nodosum food quality from amazon and my customs sent it back to the US, considering it agrochemical, as an example) so i use local cococoir half-treated and i finish treating it.

Using used coconut infected with beneficial microorganisms, along with new cococoir, gives me better results than just new coconut.
This time I reused it too much and it compacted too much to be coconut fiber, it also has too much organic matter from the composted roots of previous crops.
I think the real problems were the ph meter (I spent two weeks watering at 4.2 because the broken meter :wallbash:) and the poor quality of mycorrhizae that I use (mostly clay dust) roots look a bit screwed.

Now Im doubing between try to buy quality beneficial microorganisms or grow totally aseptic.

Un abrazo bro :ying:

P

pongster

Hi bro :tiphat:
I reuse the coconut several times, when it starts compacting, i mix it with new coco, and at the end of its life, it ends in the back garden.
I live in southeastern Mexico, I can't go to a growshop to buy anything, or order it online (years back i bought ascopillum nodosum food quality from amazon and my customs sent it back to the US, considering it agrochemical, as an example) so i use local cococoir half-treated and i finish treating it.

Using used coconut infected with beneficial microorganisms, along with new cococoir, gives me better results than just new coconut.
This time I reused it too much and it compacted too much to be coconut fiber, it also has too much organic matter from the composted roots of previous crops.
I think the real problems were the ph meter (I spent two weeks watering at 4.2 because the broken meter :wallbash:) and the poor quality of mycorrhizae that I use (mostly clay dust) roots look a bit screwed.

Now Im doubing between try to buy quality beneficial microorganisms or grow totally aseptic.

Un abrazo bro :ying:

hey brother, sorry to read about the struggles, still you have a killer setup, skills and will, and have pulled through before and obviously will do it again,
cheers
un abrazo

unnamedmike

Now im watering every two days to let the substrate dry and the roots colonize the extra cococoir.

Today all they was foliar sprayed with a gallon of water+ LAB + 2ml of root excel, in 3 times throughout the day, in all the plants, they seem to like it.

I temporarily placed 5 nl seedlings next to the 3 plants for flowering, just while they show sex, im looking for a male for my nl female cut.

nl

picture.php

sm
picture.php

nl
picture.php

the 5 nl just repot from party cups to 3/4gl cococoir pots

picture.php

unnamedmike

The Iron chelate has arrived and finally I redo the involved nutrients. Now ph 5.78 after add nutrients, according at the new ph meter. Another change is that there are no solids that precipitate with this iron chelate.
Since the last post, im watering every 24h, the coco dries practically completely between waterings.
Today i "flush" the plants (10 liters per plant) with RO water + nutrients + 1ml*gl root excel + 3ml*gl h2o2. The "flush" is to remove remnants of the previous nutrient. The H2O2 to oxidize the remains dead/diseased roots. I stopped using the air pump in the tank, the current co2 1000ppm acidify the nutrient solution.

nl

picture.php

None is healthy, but the space monkey seems worse.
picture.php

picture.php