Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > Test Grows > BuzzBob Presents: Female Seeds' Chem OG in BioBuckets

Thread Title Search
BuzzBob Presents: Female Seeds' Chem OG in BioBuckets Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2019, 10:43 PM #1
BuzzBob56

BuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of lightBuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of lightBuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of lightBuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of lightBuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of lightBuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of lightBuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of lightBuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of lightBuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of lightBuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of lightBuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of light
BuzzBob Presents: Chem OG by Female Seeds in BioBuckets

Straight-Up and right at the Get-Go,
Many thanks to Female Seeds and Mr B for these Chem OG Beans!!
I hope I can do y'all proud!

Background: Old Stoner here! Been tok'n for nearly 5 decades. I first got "serious" about growing back in '04, when I ran several grows; A couple were documented here under an old name, simply BuzzBob. I shut down after severe paranoia set in... But now, at loooong last, I am LEGAL!

In '04 I initially ran a simple DWC. I later added in re-circulation for RDWC. Most issues, or challenges, I faced dealt with either Air Stone failure, and/or Clogged Drain Lines from huge root balls. I also had to deal with crowding, and difficulty accessing plants for training, pruning, etc.

Take Away from '04: I love DWC, the massive root balls, and plants' explosive growth! But, as I mentioned, Air Stones suck, imho. And clogged lines don't... { Really messy things happen in RDWC when lines get blocked up! But hey! Floors are clean! }

At about the same time as I was wrapping up a grow of some beans sent to me by a Member-Breeder here abouts { SFxBB }, Member BigToke was posting about the BioBucket setup. I was like, "Ah Ha!" Soon after, I shut down... For those who'd like more on BioBuckets, please see BigTokes ~ "How-To" Of The Bio-Buckets 101

Time-warp to 2019: Legal at last, I can now safely resume our favorite hobby. I recently ran a short grow using a two-bucket RDWC system, just to dust off old skills. { That grow was cut short by balls... #cry. } However, it's cool 'cause I was already planning a larger grow, using BioBuckets. The schedule simply got moved up!

Why BioBuckets? Well, the system really is an out-growth of RDWC, only with the major twist that no air pump and stones are needed. Also, with this setup, there're no Bottom Drains to get clogged, since drainage back to the Res is off the top of each bucket. So... No Air Stones and No Clogged Drains! Score!! Anyway, please see the above linked article if you care to see all the ins/outs and pros/cons of BioBuckets.

Here are some photos of the system I have just completed building, which is currently running full-bore in shakedown mode with a full Res running plain water.

55 Gal Res, with Waterfall Effect for DO generation

1200 GPH Danner Pump turning over the buckets > 10x per hour

Four Bucket System, for now...

Environment: Grow Room { ever a Work-In-Progress } was initially constructed to be "stealthy" in my home's basement, and is roughly 6 feet square with 7 foot ceilings. Passive air intake, with a chunky 6" Inline Fan I bought back in '04 { I forget the stats }, and a new Carbon Scrubber. Lights for the seedlings will be flouros for now. Hope to buy another LED eventually for Seedlings, Moms and early Veg. Main light for Veg and Flower is a CCK { Cheap Chinese Knockoff } LED, purported to be 1500W Full Spectrum.

Food: My experience is with GH 3-Part, only using Micro and Bloom, following the Lucas Formula. This has worked well for me so far, so why change?

Soooo... That's prolly enough { #TLDR } as intro...

Next up, Dropping of the Beans!

Last edited by BuzzBob56; 10-11-2019 at 12:58 PM..
BuzzBob56 is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:04 PM #2
BuzzBob56

BuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of lightBuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of lightBuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of lightBuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of lightBuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of lightBuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of lightBuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of lightBuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of lightBuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of lightBuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of lightBuzzBob56 is a glorious beacon of light
08 Oct 2019: The Dropping of the Beans, Female Seeds' Chem OG

Dropped the four seeds from the pack into plain water, pH'd to about 5.8

Also started soaking Rapid Rooter Plugs in plain pH'd Water

The plan is to paper towel germinate the seeds after they "sink," or 48 hours; whichever occurs first. Once with a tap root, they will go into Rapid Rooters under a Humidity Dome. After they complete that stage, and Veg is starting, I will move the Rapid Rooters into their Net Pots with the LEDs on Veg only.

With that start and intro, I will add
I am definitely in Learning Mode!
So any/all suggestions and constructive critique will always be most welcome!

Last edited by BuzzBob56; 10-09-2019 at 01:32 PM..

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:10 AM #3
OranguTrump
Crotchety Old Crotch

OranguTrump has a brilliant futureOranguTrump has a brilliant futureOranguTrump has a brilliant futureOranguTrump has a brilliant futureOranguTrump has a brilliant futureOranguTrump has a brilliant futureOranguTrump has a brilliant futureOranguTrump has a brilliant futureOranguTrump has a brilliant futureOranguTrump has a brilliant futureOranguTrump has a brilliant future
Sub'd

I am a Pasta-Rasta

"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too." - Mitch Hedberg

"Dave's not here"

FEMALE SEEDS Grow Battle Competition - ChemOG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=365295
OranguTrump is offline Quote

Old 10-09-2019, 10:30 AM #4
bibi40

bibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivor
Hi mate ,

that' s a clean area

I bring my seat and my stick
- Sweet seeds 7th competition ( active ) : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=377539

- HSO : Mango Sapphire (Still in progress)

bibi40 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:25 PM #5
cough_cough_eer
Anita Bonghitt

cough_cough_eer has disabled reputation
I look forward to watching your grow, followed them back in 04, always a good time....

Why is it that rich people are concidered eccentric and poor people are just wierd????
cough_cough_eer is offline Quote

Old 10-10-2019, 03:30 PM #6
BuzzBob56

Quote:
Originally Posted by OranguTrump View Post
Sub'd
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibi40 View Post
Hi mate ,

that' s a clean area

I bring my seat and my stick
Hey there, OranguTrump 'n Bibi! And a great big welcome! This'll be fun, I am sure! Lottsa adventure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cough_cough_eer View Post
I look forward to watching your grow, followed them back in 04, always a good time....
CCE!!! You're the first, and prolly only, person I've been able to hook back up with from way-back. Glad it's you! LOL... Special greetings to you, m'Friend!

This new system is going to be interesting! LOL... Kinda scary heading into a Grow Diary with a new set-up, after a 15 year hiatus.

Old 10-10-2019, 04:41 PM #7
BuzzBob56

10 Oct 2019: Germination

Alrightie then! A li'l update...

Almost missed mentioning! { #StonerBob }, all four seeds dropped, and rested comfortably at the bottom of the water glass within five hours.

A bit more than 24 hours ago, the Girls-To-Be went under their cozy wet blanket, saucer on top, and placed in a safe, warm place.

Checking in this morning, 3 of 4 have visible li'l tappers tentatively peeking out.

...bless their little hearts.

Last edited by BuzzBob56; 10-16-2019 at 12:24 PM..

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:04 PM #8
bibi40

bibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivor
Cool ,
they' re coming right .

- Sweet seeds 7th competition ( active ) : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=377539

bibi40 is offline Quote

Old 10-11-2019, 03:43 PM #9
BuzzBob56

11 Oct 2019: Germination, con't

48 Hours Update... Still 3 of 4 seeds with tappers. The 4th bean seems stubborn.

Question at the end, if you care to offer an opinion...

First 3 are ready for their Rapid Rooters, and so it is done! Here they are under their new temporary home.

Now then! Question I am pondering is what to do with #4? Leave her under her comfy blankets of dampened paper towels? Or go ahead and put her in with her siblings in her Rooter, too, and hope for the best? Opinions, please...

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:38 PM #10
bibi40

When i had this put it in soil , and often it' s comin , so perhaps can you put it in the rooter ...

Last edited by bibi40; 10-11-2019 at 07:10 PM..
bibi40 is offline Quote