What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tests show bootleg marijuana vapes tainted with hydrogen cyanide

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Does myclobutanil get hot enough at vaping temps to convert to hydrogen cyanide? Or, does it require temps above that, into the combustion range?

If so, this is all NBC news bullshit and it's still the vitamin E acetate.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
did the article specify where these things were made or didn't it make any difference?

ambertrichome

Veteran
What makes fungicides in cannabis so dangerous?
The fungicide that Steep Hill found in that study was Myclobutanil. This is an incredibly common fungicide; it is regularly used all across California on almonds, strawberries, and grapes. It’s regarded to be a “general use pesticide” and thought by the scientific community at large to be generally safe. So, what makes this fungicide so dangerous in the cannabis domain? The fact that in order to activate THC you must heat it plays a major role. Myclobutanil converts into Hydrogen Cyanide (a Schedule 3 substance under the Chemical Weapons Convention) when heat is applied.
That means that if you are smoking a joint that has residual Myclobutanil from when it was grown, then you are indeed inhaling Hydrogen Cyanide and effectively eliminating any of the health benefits of marijuana. That is sincerely devastating news. For a plant that has such a vast array of medical uses to be imposing damage on its consumer is a sincere tragedy. Even the tobacco industry has banned the used of Myclobutanil for this very reason!

dufous

Myclobutanil releases hydrogen cyanide gas when it reaches it's boiling point at about 401 degrees Fahrenheit.

A butane lighter operates at about 450 degrees Fahrenheit.

Myclobutanil is a fungicide commonly used on food crops to control powdery mildew.

It is banned for use on tobacco.

Does myclobutanil get hot enough at vaping temps to convert to hydrogen cyanide? Or, does it require temps above that, into the combustion range?

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
The Black Market could be manufactured anywhere any way they're not following any regulations.

Notice

Heavy Hitter Diablo OG - perfectly Clean

Heavy Hitter Pineapple Express - POISON

So heavy Hitters is playing Russian roulette by Buying untested raw ingredient, then also not testing there end result

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-09-28 Marijuana vape cartridge testing results - CannaSafe(1).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-09-28 Marijuana vape cartridge testing results - CannaSafe(1).jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_2019-09-28 Marijuana vape cartridge testing results - CannaSafe.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-09-28 Marijuana vape cartridge testing results - CannaSafe.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 32

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
Look at the CUT percentages on all black market vapes, only two Poisons have ZERO CUT of Vitamin E. All others are 25 % to 1/3 cut

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
there was a segment on Nightly Business Report on PBS about Wine grower being sued by weed grower for crop dusting and having drift and overspray....the Wine guy then said this year they were hand spraying adding over $200,000 to their crop protection costs.

Raw gardens made and appearance on this show...One female grow spent $100,000 on an Oder removal system

Crazy the shit going on in Cali

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Myclobutanil releases hydrogen cyanide gas when it reaches it's boiling point at about 401 degrees Fahrenheit.

A butane lighter operates at about 450 degrees Fahrenheit.

Myclobutanil is a fungicide commonly used on food crops to control powdery mildew.

It is banned for use on tobacco.

YIKES!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

If so, this is all NBC news bullshit and it's still the vitamin E acetate.

Probably a combination of ingredients that are harmful. I wouldn't suck in Vitamin E into my lungs; even though ingested, it has health benefits.

NBC and PBS are creditable.

A butane lighter operates at about 450 degrees Fahrenheit....

A butane lighter is waaaaay hotter than 450F.

....more like around 1,500F .

Drewsif

Probably a combination of ingredients that are harmful. I wouldn't suck in Vitamin E into my lungs; even though ingested, it has health benefits.

NBC and PBS are creditable.

If you think the news sounds stupid, at least your above the target audience. But you gotta understand they know what they are doing. Dont try correcting propaganda if the end result is more propaganda. They're playing 10 dimensional chess while the population at large is playing checkers.
They know the target audience. They know the gentle rolloff of influence into other demographics. Youre falling into the spiderweb, thanks largely to the spread of ignorance by Cannabis media propaganda itself.

Natural raw Cannabis is loaded with vitamin e. I dont run a lab so not sure how much in the raw flower but Google says about 10% in hemp oil. Its the only thing keeping my skunks from blowing all their load prematurely, thats for sure.

If more people grew natural Cannabis I suppose more people would be aware of the constituents of natural Cannabis, instead of "60% other-afying" their favorite plant and allowing corporations to control the narrative. Those fucking high times grow juice ads, sting op grow stores and stoner-mocking novelty nute companies really twisted everyone around about this plant.

Tocopherol is in vegetable oil and while trying to find a clean bill of health for cooks, it turns out cooking oil is implicated in lots of lung cancer cases in... guess where.... CHINA.

I better stop myself now. All I can do at this point is make people embrace their denial even stronger.. Weed is getting the opium treatment. Vitamins bad, lipids bad, raw flower bad, natural bad, synthetic test tube isolate good. When Cannabis-inspired products are no longer natural nor beneficial, and are under full exclusivity of the largest corporations on earth (and Mexican cartels since the war on drugs never bothered to clean up our neighbors mess) the century long plan, the collaborative efforts between big cancer and big pharma to secure future generations of income for both sides, is come to term.

Every canna propaganda lab tests for thc/cbd, and lemon peel juice. No other metabolites.
Every clinical trial I qualify for is only concerned with thc, and cbd, metabolites nearly useless on their own without the other fatty acid derivatives found in natural Cannabis. Every one of those trials administers via vape pens btw. Vape pens have also surpassed raw and edible Cannabis purchases nationwide. The future of Cannabis is clear.

Tax evasion is now one of many life destroying charges in every small growers future, now that corporate science is able to publicly damn natural Cannabis, damn "backyard growers", damn "bathtub hash makers", and push the masses to accepting something totally unnatural, not too far from what they already accept,that fuckin "lab grade" is gonna appeal to the lcd whether it's turning their lungs body and mind into shit or not. Pharmaceuticals anyone? Teamed up with delivery methods pioneered by the tobacco industry in the 60s? The 21st century is fucked.

"Regulate weed like booze so people don't go blind from hooch!" - the present day American public

"My people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge" - Jesus, of Bible fame

BongFu

Made in the USA

Made in the USA

did the article specify where these things were made or didn't it make any difference?

The contaminated THC extracts were lovingly produced by US growers (for greed). The problem is of course that by concentrating cannabis actives (THC etc) you also concentrate shit like Eagle 20. So what might have started off as 1mg a kg in dry cannabis tissue may become say 20mg a kg in oil/extracts. I have seen some here saying garbage like this is the fault of high taxes on growers but in fact it is the lack of federal oversight on production standards.

Americangrower

Veteran
I would like to take the moment to thank Charlie Baker for banning all vape products. Now where do you think thc carts are going to come from now? I can't complain since I work for a hospital and we love sick people here. Nice job Charlie boy, "Health concerns" right. We have 0 cases of lung infections from vape in Ma, that will be changing soon.