What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

**Pollen Tumbler Machine?????

Im looking to buy an pollen tumbler machine for extracting keif could anyone recommend an good brand that wont break in a few months?

So far i've been looking at:

*Bubble Magic
*Pollen Masters
*Rosin Tech

Im looking to get something that wont require a ton of time so im kinda going automatic route.... any ideas??:joint:

theJointedOne

Veteran
im currently using a alchemist 215 from trimbroz, it works pretty well, but lots of $ for what you get. IMO the most important thing no matter what machine u use is the right screen micron size

im currently using a alchemist 215 from trimbroz, it works pretty well, but lots of $ for what you get. IMO the most important thing no matter what machine u use is the right screen micron size

Thanks Jointed but that way over what i wanted to spend.... what makes that one worth 4k-6k?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm using a APE - Agricultural Pollen Extractor.

Works pretty well, but it spins the drum too fast IMO. I'm going to add a potentiometer to the input voltage so I can slow it down to a more acceptable speed.

I'm using a APE - Agricultural Pollen Extractor.

Works pretty well, but it spins the drum too fast IMO. I'm going to add a potentiometer to the input voltage so I can slow it down to a more acceptable speed.

Thanks Bud is yours the 2.0 and how do you like the performance?

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Bud is yours the 2.0 and how do you like the performance?

Yes. And yes.

There is quite a bit of debris that gets caught up in the seams of the filter that is kind of a pain to get rid of. But if you just leave it in there it doesn't seem to cross contaminate. It doesn't seem to collect as much after each run when it's already collected enough to tangle up the threads of the seam. I just clean the filter up thoroughly after I'm done processing all of my trim instead of trying to do it in between each tumbling session.

I find I need to wipe down all the wheels often with rubbing alcohol if my product is too dry.

And if I let the 220 micron filter run for long enough it will let quite a bit of debris through. Though the first 3 minute run on fresh trim usually turns out pretty clean and is easy to purify on my silk screens. Though it is pretty tasty freshly scooped up from the tray and piled high on top of a bowl.

And lastly, don't ever, under any circumstances use chunks of dry ice as "tumbling blocks". It makes a huge mess that basically will destroy a filter.

Yes. And yes.

There is quite a bit of debris that gets caught up in the seams of the filter that is kind of a pain to get rid of. But if you just leave it in there it doesn't seem to cross contaminate. It doesn't seem to collect as much after each run when it's already collected enough to tangle up the threads of the seam. I just clean the filter up thoroughly after I'm done processing all of my trim instead of trying to do it in between each tumbling session.

I find I need to wipe down all the wheels often with rubbing alcohol if my product is too dry.

And if I let the 220 micron filter run for long enough it will let quite a bit of debris through. Though the first 3 minute run on fresh trim usually turns out pretty clean and is easy to purify on my silk screens. Though it is pretty tasty freshly scooped up from the tray and piled high on top of a bowl.

And lastly, don't ever, under any circumstances use chunks of dry ice as "tumbling blocks". It makes a huge mess that basically will destroy a filter.

Man icmag is a life saver thanks for the help i found an pollenex 500 i think im pull the trigger on it.

G

I've got the Tumble Now from Bubbleman. I think it will last a good long while, and the construction is B+/A-.
Not bulletproof, but they measured twice and cut once.
It does what its intended to do, but I think it rotates to slowly and is overall a bit too gentle to properly agitate the heads from the plant.
Also the screen the heads fall onto is a nice touch to separate further. I'm thinking about buying a cheap petite vibrator to help separate once it falls onto the screen
I also use the tumbler to break off a lot of the sugar leaf and to reduce my manicuring time.

I've got the Tumble Now from Bubbleman. I think it will last a good long while, and the construction is B+/A-.
Not bulletproof, but they measured twice and cut once.
It does what its intended to do, but I think it rotates to slowly and is overall a bit too gentle to properly agitate the heads from the plant.
Also the screen the heads fall onto is a nice touch to separate further. I'm thinking about buying a cheap petite vibrator to help separate once it falls onto the screen
I also use the tumbler to break off a lot of the sugar leaf and to reduce my manicuring time.

Outcold yea the machines look similar cant wait until it comes in the mail.... im so tired of using screens thanks for you help!

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran

That didn't work for me when I tried it. It broke off the sugar leaf, but then just deposited the broken leaftips right back on to the buds.

But the plant I tried that with had a very poor calyx to leaf ratio. That one was mostly leaf.

eric2028

Veteran
That tumble now is great. I use frozen trim and also place the machine in a chest freezer to run it. To quicken the process you could also place a heavier object in with the trim like a marble or something(nothing sharp of course).

That tumble now is great. I use frozen trim and also place the machine in a chest freezer to run it. To quicken the process you could also place a heavier object in with the trim like a marble or something(nothing sharp of course).

thanks Eric i wanted to go with a plastic unit over wood. I ordered the Pollenex 500 hopefully it works great

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Even if you freeze it, put marbles in there, mulch it, what ever, the keif extraction is far from complete in a tumbler. You can still run it through the bubble machine and get more. If you have a good screen the tumbled keif is the best quality of all IMHO.

Yo thanks for all the help everyone my 500 just came in!!!

picture.php
[/IMG]

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice! Enjoy!

And I want to see lots of pictures of piles of kief.

Thanks everyone for your input my first cycle went great:thank you:..... i got about 3oz off some old trim i had laying around. Im happy with my machine i can just turn it on and go do something else so it works for me WAY less time wasted wacking old screen table.

GOT BUD...... GOT KIEF:biggrin:?? :hotbounce:hotbounce

picture.php
[/IMG]

Latest posts

Latest posts