What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

thermocouple replacement tutorial

I

irie-i

i've had this CD-6 CO2 generator for a few years now

when i first aquired it, it didnt work right so i brought it to a gas/propane speciailst and he cleaned it up and replaced the thermocouple. a few months ago green air sent me a new pilot light for free.
recently it quit working again. a friend told me to clean up the thermocouple, so i scrubbed it w/ emory cloth and it worked better, but only for a few minutes. i read that thermocouple are to be replaced every 2 years if used heavily, theyre cheap, and theres only a few kinds so they're easy to find.
i took apart the CD6, the old thermocouple is out already so i could bring it as a fer instance

here's the thermocouple and where it will go

i wrapped it around this screwdriver so it will fit better

this screws to the bracket that holds the pilot, new one on the left, and the little thing is an adapter to make it fit the thermocouple.

the old one on the left is stripped so i basically forced the new one in

i shoved the thermocouple into it hole and then hand tightened the other end, then 1/4 turn with a wrench, so as not to crush the gasket

pilot light

buring good!

:hotbounce :hotbounce :hotbounce irie-i

Budweiser13

Thanks man for sharing ths info I am sure it will help others out when theres quit working good............. :joint:

G

I have the exact same unit for about 3 years now,the pilot burns yellow during operation but the burners are still blue,I think mine needs to be cleaned too

I

irie-i

ya skeletor, it probably does need cleaning, but thats got nothing to do with the flame color. the green-air website says what color your flames should be and how to adjust your cd6 so the flame will be right. heck, they even sent me a new pilot light for free!