What's new

Bangi Congo x New Killer Malawi

Morglie

48 days since pistols showed. It's developed a sweet fruity smell. By the pistols she looks almost done, but 7 weeks is very early.
IMG_20190719_172225.jpg

IMG_20190719_172209.jpg

IMG_20190719_172212.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful buds Morglie :)

Thanks for sharing pics of this new sativa hybrid listed on the R+D section of our website.
It's farily a new hybrid so very few growers have had the chance to test it yet, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Your female is showing an unmistakable Bangi Congo pheno, they are usually very early (8-9 weeks) oftenly showing dark colors.

Morglie

Beautiful buds Morglie :)

Thanks for sharing pics of this new sativa hybrid listed on the R+D section of our website.
It's farily a new hybrid so very few growers have had the chance to test it yet, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Your female is showing an unmistakable Bangi Congo pheno, they are usually very early (8-9 weeks) oftenly showing dark colors.
It's been a pleasure to grow. It's a very vigorous cut. Does the purpling come from the Congo side? The smell is a creamier version of a purple cut of Malawi I've got running.

That's good to know they finish this quickly. I was expecting around 12 weeks and this seemed to quick.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Morglie,

Glad to know you are also running a Malawi purple pheno :)
Yes, the purpling in your Bangi Congo x Panama comes from the Bangi Congo.
Panama Goddess parental plant is overall a green pheno eventually producing the pink pistil, depending on environmental conditions.

Morglie

Hi Morglie,

Glad to know you are also running a Malawi purple pheno :)
Yes, the purpling in your Bangi Congo x Panama comes from the Bangi Congo.
Panama Goddess parental plant is overall a green pheno eventually producing the pink pistil, depending on environmental conditions.

Thank you for the info Dubi. This is the cross using the New Killer Malawi as opposed to the Panama Goddess though. ;)

My nighttime temps swing down into the low 60s most nights, so I'm not certain if this is an environmental response or if it naturally turns. I'm thinking it's a normal change with how predominate it's showing on the plant.

I've had a Purple pheno of Malawi running now for several years. It's got this wonderful aroma of grapes, cedar, and chocolate. I've been utilizing it on crosses, as I'm learning how different traits carry over in the breeding process.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Morglie :)

What is your opinion about the new Bangi Congo x Malawi Killer hybrid, now after a proper curing stage ?