What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leaves look like ram horns - help please

StickyFingrs707

Hey all -
My partner got a clone from one of the conferences she went to and planted it in our backyard about a 5 weeks ago. Before that it spent 2 weeks in our window sill in a red cup looking happy and healthy. No fertilizer was ever used until last week. She used one spoonful of GreenGro Veg.

Aside from looking a bit dehydrated today, she looks just as dark green as ever. About 2 weeks ago I noticed the new growth starting to curl in all directions. Figured it was a little hungry from just being in fox farms for a month or so, but I’m seeing the problem persist.

Could anyone give me a clue as to what the underlying cause might be here?
TIA

img hosting

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I've seen, I think they are called, whorled leaves caused by genetics before, but also by revegging a plant. Did the hours of light maybe change recently? I noticed I put some plants out last month and a couple of them actually started to go into flower, then back into veg.

StickyFingrs707

I've seen, I think they are called, whorled leaves caused by genetics before, but also by revegging a plant. Did the hours of light maybe change recently? I noticed I put some plants out last month and a couple of them actually started to go into flower, then back into veg.

Ah I see...I did move the plant out of full sun to a spot with a few hours of shade recently. I won’t worry about it too much. Will see how it plays out.
Thanks again for your help.

St. Phatty

She looks very healthy.

I suggest sticking your hand in the soil at the hottest part of the day. Partially because your grow containers are black plastic.

If you don't like your soil being that hot, you have 2 options -
* water in the early afternoon
* paint your containers white or cover them with aluminum foil

I have a similar situation - re-veg plant or 2 in a 32 gallon black plastic garbage can.

JockBudman

Looks very much like a reveg to me - I should know, I've done it loads, both intentionally and by accident. Might be worth keeping an eye on her for hermaphroditism, especially if the strain is bred for indoors

:tiphat:,

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
She looks very healthy.

I suggest sticking your hand in the soil at the hottest part of the day. Partially because your grow containers are black plastic.

If you don't like your soil being that hot, you have 2 options -
* water in the early afternoon
* paint your containers white or cover them with aluminum foil

I have a similar situation - re-veg plant or 2 in a 32 gallon black plastic garbage can.

And you could throw some straw on the top of your soil. It will keep it moist for longer and keep your top soil cooler!

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those leaves are 100% related to some type of reveg. That plant wanted to flower and came back out of it(most likely). The only time my clones used to do this is if i had to desperately take cuts off plants that were over a week into flower.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Id also raise it off the ground. Throw some bricks or some 2x4's underneath the container... So it actually runs off when you water it

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day SF 707

It needs putting out high up on a rocky hillside . lol .
Nah the clone/ mother plant has been in flower and is now revegging . In about a month it will be like normal again .

Thanks for sharin

EB .