in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Plant is dying

Thread Title Search
Plant is dying Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2019, 01:57 PM #1
Muarco

Muarco will become famous soon enough
Plant is dying

It started by yellowing the bottom leaves and now the whole plant looks like it's about to die. The soil feels soaked and the plant is not taking up water anymore.

What's happening to her?
Muarco is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2019, 02:37 PM #2
TanzanianMagic

TanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muarco View Post
It started by yellowing the bottom leaves and now the whole plant looks like it's about to die. The soil feels soaked and the plant is not taking up water anymore.

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image
What's happening to her?
What soil or medium is it growing in? Are there drainage holes in the container?
TanzanianMagic is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2019, 03:36 PM #3
Muarco

Muarco will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzanianMagic View Post
What soil or medium is it growing in? Are there drainage holes in the container?
The soil is some generic gardening soil, I know was not wise and I'm considering transplant into a pot with better soil but I don't know if it's the right timing. There are drainage holes under the pot.
Muarco is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2019, 04:13 PM #4
TanzanianMagic

TanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muarco View Post
The soil is some generic gardening soil, I know was not wise and I'm considering transplant into a pot with better soil but I don't know if it's the right timing. There are drainage holes under the pot.
I think it is mildew.

- There is some blackish/blue residue or mold on the medium
- The dried up leaf in the back looks like it would have a lot of mildew spores on it under a microscope
- The white rings on the front leaf.

What I would do is chuck the whole thing out, clean the containers with bleach, and start anew with coco coir from Canna, Plagron or Biobizz.

- Put a perlite or hydroton drainage layer just high enough to cover the drainage holes
- From seed to mid-flower, feed with BioSevia (or Canna) flowering food at 0.4 EC, plus epsom salt at 0.1 EC and some trace elements. When the plant is in heavy flowering, feed with grow food (0.6 EC) and epsom salt; at this time, high nitrogen helps the flowers to grow and the potassium helps with forming bud's branches; at this stage also extra non-mobile nutrients Ca, S, Si and trace elements are required for extra cell growth.
- Growing organically, don't pH the tapwater, especially if it's naturally high in pH already.
- bottom water with clean tapwater only; let the tapwater stand next to the plants for at least an hour, a day is better, so the water and plants the same temperature and to let some of the chlorine evaporate.
- only feed again when the plant shows a sign of nutrient deficiency, if the bottom leaves and grow tips are in good shape and growing, don't feed.

This will prevent any under/over feeding and under/over watering.

Plants with cannabis' root system need a constant supply of moisture in the soil, and bottom watering or a water reservoir in the pot is the best way to supply that. And cannabis needs a lot of water throughout flowering too. It is only when the calyx hairs turn brown that the plant starts to attract more moisture from the air than it can evaporate, and at that time it requires a completely dry medium.

There is still plenty of daylight left for a grow this year. I've planted autos outdoors as late as late July.
TanzanianMagic is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2019, 04:18 PM #5
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
Looks like too much food and not enough air/oxygen at the roots.

When i have trouble i give the a shower. Literally. Put it in the shower or sit outside with a hose and rinse the shit out of that pot. Gently. Let it run off for 15 minutes. If your soil is tight, get a small bag of potting mix and mix it 50/50 with perlite.

A good flush usually brings mine back.
This had been the ultimate commercial break. Which meant it was time to return to our regularly scheduled programming.

- Wade Wilson

---
Silverback's Threads: the Complete Collection
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2019, 04:32 PM #6
Lost in a SOG
~~ex Atlantean~~

Lost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant future
Repot it and it might recover.. it hates that soil!

Old 06-18-2019, 04:34 PM #7
CoCo_LoCo

CoCo_LoCo is a jewel in the roughCoCo_LoCo is a jewel in the roughCoCo_LoCo is a jewel in the roughCoCo_LoCo is a jewel in the roughCoCo_LoCo is a jewel in the roughCoCo_LoCo is a jewel in the rough
Your medium is very important.

Looks like over watering to me:

https://www.growweedeasy.com/overwatering-cannabis

2019 Grow Log - 70w Quantum Board LED - 1.2g/watt
2011 Grow - 3.2kw HPS Multi strain DTW
2007 Very first grow - 400w HPS Nirvana Bubblelicious

CoCo_LoCo is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2019, 05:31 PM #8
therevverend

therevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant future
I agree with the other posters. Too much organic matter in the soil, not enough perlite. The water sits there and rots the manure in the dirt. This happened to me this year, I bought the local organic nursery soil. It stank of manure and tree bark which should have tipped me off. If I'd added a ton of perlite it might have been okay but I was almost out. Check out my plant:

She was a healthy vigorous plant a couple days earlier. I culled her a couple days later, just too fucked up. Here's another one that wasn't quite as bad, didn't lose the plant.

When I re-pot there aren't any roots grown into the toxic soil, the root bundle is the same as when it was transplanted. The soil smells shitty, bacteria rich soil. We want fungal soil. I re-potted and tranplanted some and also left a few of the better ones to weather it, over time the soil dried out and the organic matter starts breaking down. Now they've made a full recovery with new growth starting. Took 10-14 days. They'll look bad, drop some fan leaves then rebound. All that organic matter becomes your friend once the plant can handle it.

This happens sometimes when you transplant a small plant into a big pot, then water it and keep watering after it gets sick. Something to watch out for waterlogged plants die as fast as thirsty plants.
therevverend is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:41 PM #9
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
Nice save rev.
This had been the ultimate commercial break. Which meant it was time to return to our regularly scheduled programming.

- Wade Wilson

---
Silverback's Threads: the Complete Collection
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2019, 06:52 PM #10
hush
Se˝or Member

hush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant future
Classic example of overwatering. I agree with the others.. transplant into a better-draining, higher-porosity soil. Cannabis does not like wet feet. Not even tropical varieties.

hush's hidey hole

hush is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.