You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Gerbil food

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Gerbil food Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2019, 02:26 PM #1
Complete Noob

Complete Noob will become famous soon enoughComplete Noob will become famous soon enoughComplete Noob will become famous soon enough
Gerbil food

Want to use this in soil and also would it do any benefit to brew this in tea?

Ingredients

Sun-Cured Timothy Grass Hay, Corn, Sunflower Seed, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Sun-Cured Alfalfa Meal, Wheat, Ground Corn, Ground Wheat, Wheat Middlings, Rolled Oats, Soybean Hulls, Dried Bananas, Ground Oats, Spray Millet Pieces, Popped Milo, Green Split Peas, Dried Cane Molasses, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Soybean Oil, Dl-Methionine, Vitamin A Supplement, Choline Chloride, L-Lysine, Ferrous Sulfate, Riboflavin Supplement, Mixed Tocopherols (Preservative), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source Of Vitamin C), Yucca Schidigera Extract, Copper Sulfate, Niacin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source Of Vitamin K Activity), Rosemary Extract, Citric Acid, Cholecalciferol (Source Of Vitamin D3), Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Calcium Iodate, Biotin, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Licheniformis Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product.
Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Fat (Min) 4%
Crude Fiber (Max) 18%
Crude Protein (Min) 12%
Moisture (Max) 12%
Complete Noob is offline Quote

Old 06-17-2019, 02:27 PM #2
Complete Noob

Complete Noob will become famous soon enoughComplete Noob will become famous soon enoughComplete Noob will become famous soon enough
And would this attract mice to my grow room lol?

Old 06-17-2019, 02:55 PM #3
I'mback

I'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud of
Go for it and report back how you make out :~

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

I'mback is offline Quote

Old 06-17-2019, 03:59 PM #4
Complete Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mback View Post
Go for it and report back how you make out :~
The ingredients look too good to be true lol I plan on grinding half a bowl full into powder and incorporating a small amount about one tbls per 4 gallons plus a small amount of kelp during transplant.

Old 06-17-2019, 05:10 PM #5
TanzanianMagic

TanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complete Noob View Post
Want to use this in soil and also would it do any benefit to brew this in tea?

Ingredients

Sun-Cured Timothy Grass Hay, Corn, Sunflower Seed, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Sun-Cured Alfalfa Meal, Wheat, Ground Corn, Ground Wheat, Wheat Middlings, Rolled Oats, Soybean Hulls, Dried Bananas, Ground Oats, Spray Millet Pieces, Popped Milo, Green Split Peas, Dried Cane Molasses, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Soybean Oil, Dl-Methionine, Vitamin A Supplement, Choline Chloride, L-Lysine, Ferrous Sulfate, Riboflavin Supplement, Mixed Tocopherols (Preservative), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source Of Vitamin C), Yucca Schidigera Extract, Copper Sulfate, Niacin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source Of Vitamin K Activity), Rosemary Extract, Citric Acid, Cholecalciferol (Source Of Vitamin D3), Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Calcium Iodate, Biotin, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Licheniformis Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product.
Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Fat (Min) 4%
Crude Fiber (Max) 18%
Crude Protein (Min) 12%
Moisture (Max) 12%
Great thinking, because the missing factor in growing is food for the fungi and bacteria. (And the insects too, to distract them from eating the plant.)

The only danger I can see is doing too much. Think of how much or little grass seeds, berries, etc. there are in a square yard of soil - and use that as a guide.

Feeding the fungi is not like feeding the plant - they're not that big.

Fungi need a calorie source - seeds, berries, fruits - and they need a carbon source - coco coir, hemp bedding, chopped straw. And they have a lot of work on their hands if you also use supersoil, so they have nutrients to break down.

Also, it is good to keep undecomposed organic matter near the top of the soil, so any heat is dissipated and doesn't hurt the roots. And so there is no anaerobic decomposition going on in your medium.

Last edited by TanzanianMagic; 06-17-2019 at 11:07 PM..
TanzanianMagic is offline Quote

Old 06-17-2019, 05:14 PM #6
Drewsif

Drewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of light
I dunno man i just grow in dirt. You ain't gotta reverse engineer dirt for your first grow.

In fact i tilled some shitty chalky clay plots this year and everything still looking fine. Grew too many tomatoes planted too many pine trees over the decades to believe anyone should be over thinking dirt.
Drewsif is offline Quote

Old 06-17-2019, 06:43 PM #7
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant future
Everything look good except the copper sulfate.
Probably added to keep the product mold free.

Copper Sulfate is a known fungicide so thats a no go for a bacterial/fungal tea.
Too much of it in the soil will kill a plant pretty quickly.
Due to the copper it may not even be good for the compost bin.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

Old 06-17-2019, 11:48 PM #8
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complete Noob View Post
And would this attract mice to my grow room lol?
I would not doubt that the manufacturer has added an attractant for the gerbils.

So yes it most likely would and they can be an issue.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

Old 06-17-2019, 11:51 PM #9
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
No gerbils pic.

2 members found this post helpful.