in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > Problem with the curing phase

Thread Title Search
Problem with the curing phase Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2019, 01:00 AM #1
Gio88

Gio88 will become famous soon enoughGio88 will become famous soon enough
Problem with the curing phase

Hi! Today I've started the curing phase of my harvest, I put the weed in the jars (after 5/6 days of drying) the only problem the hygrometer inside the jars says the humidity is 51% .... Too low to start the curing phase even if at the touch the weed doesn't seems too dry! Is it my harvest ruined? There something I can do?thanks
Gio88 is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2019, 01:15 AM #2
igrowone

igrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond repute
depends how long it's been in the jars
takes 24 hrs or so for the in jar humidity to peak(i think)
but i have found it's worth the jar treatment even if it reads below 55%

Old 06-14-2019, 01:32 AM #3
Americangrower

Americangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond repute
yeah may not be accurate reading, leave jars closed I'm sure it will go up. Don't burp jars until it goes up to 60 or so.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=341071
Americangrower is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2019, 01:34 AM #4
Gio88

Ok! Thank you
Gio88 is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2019, 01:34 AM #5
Americangrower

Americangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond repute
Oh to add, if it doesn't climb you can add things like a orange peel or something to raise humidity in jar

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=341071
Americangrower is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2019, 01:48 AM #6
Akss

Akss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to all
You sure the hygrometer is accurate? May wanna test it.
Akss is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:01 AM #7
Lost in a SOG
~~ex Atlantean~~

Lost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant future
Does the bud feel crispy? If so it probably accurate.

Its always useful to have back up hygrometers so you can be sure its not faulty, and you can use a humidity pack like boveda 58 or 62% until the buds humidity has risen and then take them out so the cure can resume.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:16 AM #8
Gio88

After few hours the humidity is now 58% ! Do you suggest to keep the jars closed to increase the humidity?
Gio88 is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2019, 11:16 AM #9
SuperBadGrower

SuperBadGrower is just really niceSuperBadGrower is just really niceSuperBadGrower is just really niceSuperBadGrower is just really niceSuperBadGrower is just really niceSuperBadGrower is just really niceSuperBadGrower is just really niceSuperBadGrower is just really nice
If the RH% rises by that much in a few hours you should let it dry more IMO
Having wet weed in a jar is a recipe for disaster... I registered here to ask questions about this method you are using (I jarred a plant that was too wet and ruined it)

So IMO these % numbers are baloney and most of the recommendations for jarring are way too wet. There isn't even a clear answer on what curing exactly is. I get equal or better results from being lazy and letting them hang 4-5 weeks before harvesting. It will absolutely never dry out on you if your RH is around/above 50%. Last plant I cut had been hanging for 5 weeks, and after removing the buds from the stems they still needed time in the air to equalize the moisture that was on the inside. That said it's always 45%-58% here I would not recommend leaving it out below 40%

Only way to gauge your bud is now is by rolling a joint and smoking it and that's exactly what I recommend doing. If it's wet inside you'll feel it. You will learn everything you need to know by continuously smoking that shit instead of following a bunch of curing guides . Everyone also has their personal preference

Last edited by SuperBadGrower; 06-14-2019 at 11:59 AM..
SuperBadGrower is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2019, 12:51 PM #10
Lost in a SOG
~~ex Atlantean~~

Lost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant future
Its dead simple.

They should go in the jar after stems snap.. within a day or 2 the humidity will have risen a bit and they will probably feel a bit squishy.. dry a bit more till the balance of humidity feels even throughout the flower again then put back in jars and check in another couple days. Or dry properly and then stick a boveda 58% in.

58% imo is about right, but thats only if your hygrometer is working and you have dried it properly prior to jarring.. otherwise the humidity will keep swinging up till you dry it more thoroughly. Over dry bud normally has lost a lot of terpenes in the process and wet weed above 62% can have too much anaerobic fermentation going on which also eats terps and thc.. imo.