What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Stevie Wonder song for Dancing ?

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
:yeahthats

[YOUTUBEIF]7SUEyf_2fbo[/YOUTUBEIF]

And here, a much better version, w/o him lip syncing for the TV cameras. Real deal, with his real band, from SNL, a long time ago.

[YOUTUBEIF]pUXTG6ShYKk[/YOUTUBEIF]

RMS

:smoweed:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Depends on the dancing you gotta do and the setting you're in if you ask me. If and when you got ants in your pants and you need to dance, take those faster pop funk songs like 'Superstition', or 'Higher Ground' and cut a rug.

If you're alone with your significant other, tryinna get all romantic and thing.. Play those slow(er) dancing love songs like 'I Just Called', which is not a bad song when the timing is right, but a wee bit too sugary and korny for my taste on the regular. I mean you can't stay macho and alpha if you're jamming to that tune because it's not very gangsta. And everybody knows gangstas don't dance, we boogie! :)
However, when wooing the womenfolk, I'll turn the other cheek if you want to play some sugary love stuff like that.

That said, my pick for the best Stevie Wonder song is 'Living for the City'

PS. Back in the 80's when SNL was still funny, I got a kick from Eddie Murphy and Joe Piscopo doing Stevie Wonder and Frank Sinatra, respectively.

Funny stuff that I don't think they could do these days because everyone is so PC and sensitive about everything, even if the message is positive.

SNL Stevie & Frank bit
(the link goes to a Hungarian video hosting site which is safe. Hard to find this full skit on youtube and thing.)
:tiphat:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Sir Duke. This was what my ex wife and I used for our first dance, at our wedding.

[YOUTUBEIF]EnNgASBdCeo[/YOUTUBEIF]

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Superstition or Sir Duke and possibly living for the city but under NO circumstances must it be Masterjammer or happy birthday,
Lot of us from same age group looking at choices,,s2

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Lot of us from same age group looking at choices,,s2

Yep, the getting old basterds age group ;) It ain't the 80's no more, and I'm starting to feel it, god damn!

Speaking of the 80's, and getting back to 'I just called to say I love you" song. It was apparently released in August, 1984. Somehow I associate the song with Christmas time 1984.. I'm thinking every 3rd song played on the radio back then was that song, it was that popular even if it's not a very Xmassy tune. Maybe it's just me you know, whatever........... Not a big deal................

I think we can all agree on the following tho; Christmas 1984 > Christmas 1986, cause Xmas 86 hit song was 'Last Christmas I gave you my heart" by WHAM. And Stevie on his worst day is much better than WHAM could ever hope to have been.:tiphat:

St. Phatty

Really interesting to see the difference between Pandora & iTunes.

Pandora makes it near-impossible to listen to Stevie Wonder.

with iTunes, I had it done in 15 minutes.

These are the ones that stood out -

Superstition

Higher Ground

I Wish

Ave Maria

Boogie on Reggae Woman

I Wish

Master Blaster

You Haven't Done Nothin'

8 songs I guess.

Thanks for all the suggestions !

With iTunes I can download them. Though I think I still need to do a file conversion to get it into Flash.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

so lemme get this right, you're talkin' straight up
dancing as opposed to the horizontal bop??? :dunno:

St. Phatty

so lemme get this right, you're talkin' straight up
dancing as opposed to the horizontal bop??? :dunno:

background music for a corp. presentation that is part Powerpoint, part animation. :huggg:

but it should make people want to dance. :dance013:

attachment.php

The Definitive Collection is $7 and has everything but Ave Maria.

Is Ave Maria in one of those other 21 songs on the list ?

Attachments

• swonder.jpg
    swonder.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 21

festerous

Veteran
Stevie Wonder is straight up generic bullshit! TV commercials have better grooves than his white bread musac.

F

Frylock

I've never been much of a dancer but Superstition does always make me feel like dancing.... if no one is watching LOL