What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Knifemaker's first grow

Hello everyone and welcome to my grow diary.
Being almost a total newbie to growing cannabis I will greatly appreciate any advice, suggestions or comments on my journey.

I've had some minor experiance with helping my dad out with his outdoor grows almost 20yrs ago now, but they weren't anything fancy just a few holes dug in the ground, lined with plastic, filled with potting soil. We would water every 2 days and feed with generic 20-20-20.
Thats it.
Lets get started....

What strain is it: Gelato Autoflower, zkittles autoflower and Northern lights autoflower
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? mostly indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seedling/veg
Soil or Hydro? Promix hp
If soil... What size pot? 5Gal fabric pots
Size of light? Mars hydro sp-250
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 25°c lights on 20°c lights off
RH of Room/cab? 40-50%
How often are you watering? When the pots are bone dry
Type and strength of ferts used? Advanced nutrients m-g-b + hobbyist grow bundle (voodoo juice, big bud, B-52, and overdrive. Might get a thing of bud candy as well. I also have a thing of General Hydroponics CALiMAGic

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
420giveaway
hi km420

from witch seed bank did you buy that auto ligeages .,=?

did you want make in or outdoor .,?

you know if you want use soil for example is better to have put them in bigger as smaller pot, why ?

if the main roots after the grem the seeds if there touch the botten of your pot the he going automaticly afte 3weeks in flower
, so i always better to have bigger size as smaller ones about it.

but that sounds like more indoor or .,?

greetz :tiphat:

hi km420

from witch seed bank did you buy that auto ligeages .,=?

did you want make in or outdoor .,?

you know if you want use soil for example is better to have put them in bigger as smaller pot, why ?

if the main roots after the grem the seeds if there touch the botten of your pot the he going automaticly afte 3weeks in flower
, so i always better to have bigger size as smaller ones about it.

but that sounds like more indoor or .,?

greetz :tiphat:

Hi Dimodz, I got all 3 auto strains from Seedsman.
Growing them indoors in a 2'x4'x7' tent under a mars hydro sp-250 led light. I've got 2 weeks of pictures and journal to copy over here so bear with me a moment and I will get it caught up :)
Have a knife day

Here are some pictures of my setup

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
420giveaway
aha ok that esaier know for me if can see it

doint foregt to put a tube between filter and lti. another tube from Lti to push them outside of tent.

maybe you can see how much is your ec from your soil at outside of it .,?

light mix is like 0,7 - 0,8 and promix starts with 1,2 -1,3 ec, if have the last one the you doint need to give nuts for first 3 or 4 weeks depens how much ec (nuts) is inside.

did u let have already let pop beans ?

did you want put only 3 plants togehter .,?

May 2, 2019
Dropped seeds into cups of RO water to begin Germination. Only dropped one of each of the 3 strains. All 3 seeds sank to the bottom after about 3 hours in the water.

May 4
All 3 seeds split open and have a half to three quarter inch tap root sticking out. All 3 get planted directly into 5gal fabric pots that had been pre moistened with straight RO water 24 hours prior.
May 6 am
Checked on them this morning and the NL has come up, the Gelato is just breaking the surface and the zkittles is still hiding. Hopefully it will be up by the time I get home from work.

May 6 pm

ust got home from work and checked on the littles. NL and Gelato are both up and loving the light, but zkittles who hadn't yet poked her head up when my wife checked on them for me at noon, was entirely out of the soil laying full length on top of the promix. Didnt look withered or shriveled at all so I gently poked a hole and re burried it up to the cotyledon leaves and hopefully it won't die.... should I drop a new seed now or is there a cha ce this ine will survive? Any idea why it jumped out of the ground?

May 7
Well, its looking like zkittles is going to pull through. This morning she was starting to stand up and has greend up nicely.
However the temperature in the tent hit 84°f so looks like I'm going to have to figure out how to get it cooler in there. I've already got my exhaust fan running, a fan blowing fresh air in from a bottom vent and an oscilating fan stirring up the air inside. The tent is currently venting the exhaust into the bedroom the tent is in so I might need to cut a hole in the closet ceiling and vent my exhaust into the attic.... I cracked the window in that room for now to see if it helps any....

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
thats a nice looking set up you have and im interested in seeing how it grows over time
like dimodz said, just hook a few things up and you are ready to rip
autos are a good way to start and you should have some nice buds a few months after you bury your first seeds
good luck man!

Update day 4
Morning 420 fam.
Not much to report as yet. The ladies are chugging along with Gelato the clear leader of the group. Still haven't had to water them yet, waiting for the pots to be dry first.
Zkittles seems to have recovered from her adventure above ground but is decidedly smaller than her tent mates.

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
420giveaway
and how there are looking today if that pic from 2 weeks earlier .,?

only the last one looking not good and the rest looking normal as must be ...

May 11 (Day 5)

Some deffinate growth overnight last night.
I've also given them names from.my favorite book series. Any one guess what series?
Elayne(Gelato) is still in the lead but Min (NL) is close on her heels. Aviendha (Zkittles) is doin her own thang but looking good.

Update May 13 day 7
Morning 420 fam,
Not alot to report, all 3 of my plants are progressing. Last night I gave all 3 a bit of water. (I mixed a litre and a half of RO water with 2ml of voodoo juice) each plant got about a half litre watered in a ring about 2" from the stem. This is the first water I've given them except the preliminary drench of the promix. All 3 looking happy and perky this morning so I think they liked it.
Have a knife day
StaySharp*

Update May 15 day 9
Gave the littles a good drink last night at lights on (lights come on at 8pm off at 2pm for 18-6)
Each one took a full gallon of RO water with a 1/4 dose each of calmag, voodoo juice, and B52.
Min (NL) was looking pretty droopy, not sure if it was that she was really wanting a drink or if it was just because the lights had been off.
All 3 are looking happy as heck this morning praying hard to the sp250.

Update day 11
Morning everyone not alot to update this morning, 2 of the 3 are packing on new growth. The 3rd (Zkittles) is getting bigger but doesnt seem to be popping out any new growth.*

I'm currently not holding out much hope for it but will let it grow for now.

I lowered my light from 36" down to 32" last night. This morning, I noticed maybe a slight bit of leaf curl on all 3. Nothing really serious yet so I'll leave it for now and see if it gets worse before rasie it back up. (if its even due to the lights. Please correct me if you think it could be somthing else)

Gelato is Killing it. Only an inch and a half tall with the first teue leaves sprowting and starting to pop new growth from the first node.

NL is just slightly behind Gelato with first true leaves sprouting but a touch shorter and maybe the start of new growth at the first node.

I also added a vic's cool mist humidifier which brought my RH up to 50-52 so I'm happy with that.

Things are moving along nicely, Gelato (Elayne) is still star pupil

Just popping out it's first set of 5 bladers.

The stem on this plant is about 1.5 to 2 times the thickness of the other two.

NL (Min) is following hard on Gelato's heels.
Also working on its first set of 5ers*

Lastly, there may be hope for Zkittles (Aviendha) yet. Finally seeing some new growth popping up in the centre not just making the stuff it already had bigger.

Update day 15
Last night at lights on, all 3 pots were only slightly heavier than the dry sample pot I have set up so I can make sure I dont water too often. So I gave all 3 a good drink with their first taste of the micro-grow-bloom nutes each plant got .3 gallons(5.6 cups) of straight RO water to pre dampen the soil then each got 1 gal of RO water mixed with 1ml/L each of calmag, M-G-B, voodoo juice and B52. Watered in a ring around the plants and made sure the very outside edges of the pots got the most water. Got about a cup of run off from each one.
This morning they are all looking very happy and praying hard to the SP250.*

Zkittles (Aviendha) is still the least developed but is finally looking like she's gonna get somewhere.

Gelato (Elayne) is by far the most vigorous of the three, I mean just look at the girth of her stem. If you zoom in on the base of the stem, It almost looks like it grew so fat, so fast it actually split itself open then healed up. I have high hopes for this one.

Northern Lights (Min) is a bit paler than Elayne or Aviendha so hopefully this dose of nutes will get her looking happier.

Since Ive only got 3 plants going and I'm allowed to have 4 I'm thinking I might drop another Zkittles auto outside in the vegetable garden and see what it does out in the sun planted right in the ground.*
The temps at night are almost warm enough that I can start to plant the garden soon so I'll drop a seed in water today or tomorrow.

That's got me caught up on my journal to yesterday. I will post a new update tomorrow.
Thanks for following along.
Have a knife day
StaySharp

Latest posts

Latest posts