Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Unclefishstick's Tartar Sauce Research Kitchen Redux

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Unclefishstick's Tartar Sauce Research Kitchen Redux Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2019, 05:37 PM #1
unclefishstick
Fancy Janitor

unclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivor
unclefishstick has completed 8 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Unclefishstick's Tartar Sauce Research Kitchen Redux

i recently finished building out a new garden space featuring HLG 550 leds for lighting in an effort to keep the cooling bills down during the summer months and to allow me enough space to start popping seeds once free cooling season starts again in the fall.

the room is in my garage which of course gets hotter than satans junk in a fur g-string during the summer so a well insulated space is a must.

to start i built out some 2x4 framing mainly out of leftover lumber i had from previous builds.

unclefishstick is online now Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-17-2019, 05:42 PM #2
unclefishstick
Fancy Janitor

unclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivor
the next step was insulation,i used 2 inch foam board in the walls and ceiling and a reflectix wrap inside and out.

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-17-2019, 05:44 PM #3
unclefishstick
Fancy Janitor

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-17-2019, 05:50 PM #4
unclefishstick
Fancy Janitor

for ventilation i'm using a lung room set up. for cooling i have the house swamp cooler which keeps the house in the 80's even on the hottest days,and a portable a/c unit to bring the lights off temps down into the 70's.the a/c will be housed in the lung room,an old 4x4 grow tent in this case.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-17-2019, 05:51 PM #5
starke

starke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud of
Think I'll tag along. I'm always looking for new ideas.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

My Ongoing Grow Diary: Starkes Story: An LED Tale Paused

Real Gorilla Seeds Sour Orange Diesel Tester Grow: (Completed 2/5/19)

browntrout's Tripleberry F2 Tester Grow: In Progress
starke is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-17-2019, 05:58 PM #6
unclefishstick
Fancy Janitor

the idea here being that during lights on,which occurs in the evening,that the grow area will be ventilated in the usual manner with a 6 inch carbon filter/fan for exhaust and a 6 inch fan drawing air in from the house where the swamp cooler is running through the tent and into the grow area for intake.

then during the lights off portion of the day the a/c will be on and a second 6 inch carbon filter/fan set up will loop the cooled air back into the tent/lung room.

as well there is another 6 inch fan/filter in the garage to help get rid of the heat produced by the portable a/c.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:02 PM #7
unclefishstick
Fancy Janitor

so,after everything was installed we end up with this....

the room is 6x8 with a 4x8 space for growing lit by 2 Horticulture Lighting Group HLG 550's.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:07 PM #8
unclefishstick
Fancy Janitor

time for some plants...

got a grab bag of flavors to start things off...

cherry cookies,forum cut gsc,thin mints,ogkb 2.0,GMO,wedding cake,sunset sherbet,orange cream dream,and NEM.

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:09 PM #9
unclefishstick
Fancy Janitor

which brings us up to now...at day 6 of 12/12...
plants are drinking like crazy,i may end up having to water every day once they really get going...

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:24 PM #10
HydroGrowLeds
Grow Light Guru

HydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really nice
Like the room build-out, looks nice.
HydroGrowLeds is online now Quote