What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*MicroPod*

Hello everyone

I’ve finally sorted out my grow cab, something I’ve been planning for quite some time.

picture.php

It’s a Hallan cabinet from ikea.

I fitted it with a 50w COB with a 3500k Citizen CLU048 and a couple of computer fans for ventilation.

Grow chamber -

picture.php

“Utility” chamber-

picture.php

Ive been waiting for a long time to pop these beans. I made them a couple of years ago now -

2 Golden tiger x Honduras
1 Tikal x Honduras
1 reg Malawi (Original Ace, not a pollen chuck)

picture.php

I’ve been LSTing them since they were seedlings and have recently topped them to break their apical dominance. They’ve been a bit neglected but are looking happier since I got them in some decent soil. Hoping for some girls!

G

That's a beauty of a cab Pandy ! And very interesting crosses ,too.
Will you separate them after sexing?
Good luck :)

Hey papa Syd. Thanks very much for the compliment. I’m pretty useless at all things DIY so I got my dad to help me cut the holes in this cab for the light and fans. He’s a sweetie, never toked in his life but helped me out just for the sport of it. The carbon filter needs some improvement but it works for now. Biggest pain in the ass was light proofing the door but I’ve got it good enough for now.

Yes buddy I will be culling the males. One of the GTxHonduras just showed itself to be female so I’m hoping the others follow suit.

SolarLogos

Hey papa Syd. Thanks very much for the compliment. I’m pretty useless at all things DIY so I got my dad to help me cut the holes in this cab for the light and fans. He’s a sweetie, never toked in his life but helped me out just for the sport of it. The carbon filter needs some improvement but it works for now. Biggest pain in the ass was light proofing the door but I’ve got it good enough for now.

Yes buddy I will be culling the males. One of the GTxHonduras just showed itself to be female so I’m hoping the others follow suit.
Good job on the cabinet, looks pretty cool. I just tried my Honduran x GT (Thai pheno) and it's pretty good, I think you will like yours. The Tikal x Honduran sounds good also. Right now, I am really diggin my Malawi x Honduran. That I will do a smoke report very soon. Can't wait to see how your crosses grow and turn out, they should be good.
Subbed

Peace, God bless

Good job on the cabinet, looks pretty cool. I just tried my Honduran x GT (Thai pheno) and it's pretty good, I think you will like yours. The Tikal x Honduran sounds good also. Right now, I am really diggin my Malawi x Honduran. That I will do a smoke report very soon. Can't wait to see how your crosses grow and turn out, they should be good.
Subbed

Peace, God bless

Hi SolarLogos

Thanks for the good vibes! Very cool to hear that you’ve grown a Hondurasxgt. I pollenated a female GT with two Honduras males, a tall one and a short one. The GT female was very much like the description of Malawi killer. Moreso than the two pure Malawi I’ve grown which turned out to be a purple pheno and carrot/tangerine pheno. As good as they were, that Malawi leaning GT kicked my butt every time.

Did you use Honduras pollen to make your beans? Were your crosses Honduras dominant? Mine seem to have the horizontal branching trait that I observed in the Honduras plants I flowered but otherwise look more like the mums so far.

I imagine that a good Malawi pheno crossed with Honduras would be amazing. I’ve had a huge love for anything with Malawi in the mix, the only drawback is that it can be so overpowering sometimes. But when I don’t have that hard hitting stuff I crave it.

Looking forward to reading your smoke reports mate. It will be interesting to compare once mine are done.

SolarLogos

Hi SolarLogos

Thanks for the good vibes! Very cool to hear that you’ve grown a Hondurasxgt. I pollenated a female GT with two Honduras males, a tall one and a short one. The GT female was very much like the description of Malawi killer. Moreso than the two pure Malawi I’ve grown which turned out to be a purple pheno and carrot/tangerine pheno. As good as they were, that Malawi leaning GT kicked my butt every time.

Did you use Honduras pollen to make your beans? Were your crosses Honduras dominant? Mine seem to have the horizontal branching trait that I observed in the Honduras plants I flowered but otherwise look more like the mums so far.

I imagine that a good Malawi pheno crossed with Honduras would be amazing. I’ve had a huge love for anything with Malawi in the mix, the only drawback is that it can be so overpowering sometimes. But when I don’t have that hard hitting stuff I crave it.

Looking forward to reading your smoke reports mate. It will be interesting to compare once mine are done.
Lets see, I crossed a Honduran male into a female GT. The other was 2 Malawi male into 2 Honduran females.. Both dominate in crosses I've done, but the Honduran usually dominates in leaves, plant structure (tall, long straight up limbs, etc.). Malawi dominated in two of them, by having Malawi smells and flower structure. The one I just did the smoke report on was all Honduran, very little Malawi influence other than potency: pretty decent strength, but a mellow happier effect. Yours could even be stronger! Good luck.
Peace, God bless

Lets see, I crossed a Honduran male into a female GT. The other was 2 Malawi male into 2 Honduran females.. Both dominate in crosses I've done, but the Honduran usually dominates in leaves, plant structure (tall, long straight up limbs, etc.). Malawi dominated in two of them, by having Malawi smells and flower structure. The one I just did the smoke report on was all Honduran, very little Malawi influence other than potency: pretty decent strength, but a mellow happier effect. Yours could even be stronger! Good luck.
Peace, God bless

Thanks for the insight Solarlogos. I’m really enjoying your contributions to this forum.

In the absence of anything more interesting-

GTxHonduras showing sex -

picture.php

I hope this Malawi is a girl. Looks like she wants to pump out the trichs already.

picture.php

SolarLogos

In the absence of anything more interesting-

GTxHonduras showing sex -

View Image

I hope this Malawi is a girl. Looks like she wants to pump out the trichs already.

View Image
Thank you for your kind words again my friend. Plants look healthy. Good you're keeping the GTxH pinched. You will want to do the same for the branches, because if the Honduran dominates, which it usually does, then it will get pretty tall and go straight up. Is she on 12/12--in flower?
Peace, God bless

Thank you for your kind words again my friend. Plants look healthy. Good you're keeping the GTxH pinched. You will want to do the same for the branches, because if the Honduran dominates, which it usually does, then it will get pretty tall and go straight up. Is she on 12/12--in flower?
Peace, God bless

They’ve been on 11/13 since May 11. Im planning on bending and maybe supercropping a bit to keep the canopy even. This is the first time I’ve ever attempted to grow such small plants so it’s all a bit o a learning curve at the moment.

The Malawi and 2nd smaller GTxHonduras were males so they are now mulch. Tikalxhonduras has still not shown sex.

GTxH is on the right and TxH is on the left.
picture.php

I might have some space to fill so I need to get some fem seeds. I was thinking about the Congo#3xBanghi haze that jaded1 grew out in this thread - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=353120&page=4

Jaded1 always has such great looking dry bud shots.

I need something that will fill some space being grown 11/13 from seed. I have no veg space so I’m planning on running my cab perpetually flowering aside from the occasional reset. Any other suggestions on strains are welcome and appreciated!

P.S. I would like to grow some NepJam and Orient Express, 2 Ace classics I haven’t gotten around to yet, but I’m concerned that with no veg time they will turn out to be 1 gram buds on a stick.

G

Hi Pandy!Orfeas has been growing Malawi x Panama and Super malawi haze without veg.He has thrown a couple pics on Buddler's and dwd's threads (or check his albums).They look great to me,so great that I'd love to try the 12/12 from seed for once.

I think you are correct on your notion about the OE and NJ(except maybe the viet black pheno of OE).

Hi Pandy!Orfeas has been growing Malawi x Panama and Super malawi haze without veg.He has thrown a couple pics on Buddler's and dwd's threads (or check his albums).They look great to me,so great that I'd love to try the 12/12 from seed for once.

I think you are correct on your notion about the OE and NJ(except maybe the viet black pheno of OE).

Hey Syd,

Sold. I think I’m gonna get Super Malawi haze, Killer A5 and probably gonna get some of that Congo3xBanghi. I also see both MalxPan and PanxMal in my future.

Cheers mate

Hey Orfeas,

That’s a beauty of a plant. It’s the Super Malawi haze right? If I got a fraction of that yield in my setup I’d be happy. I grew some NevsxMangohz that I got from L33t years ago and it was great great bud. It’ll be good fun to try this new Ace remix of Nev’s stuff.

Thanks for helping me make up my mind!

deepwaterdude

Hey Orfeas,

That’s a beauty of a plant. It’s the Super Malawi haze right? If I got a fraction of that yield in my setup I’d be happy. I grew some NevsxMangohz that I got from L33t years ago and it was great great bud. It’ll be good fun to try this new Ace remix of Nev’s stuff.

Thanks for helping me make up my mind!

Was gonna recommend the same thing based on orf's gargeous NevMal. Syd, as usual, beat me to it. Great minds and all;)

I should note I have a two week old seedling that stinks to high heaven, as much as the A5 next to it.

J

jaded1

Thanks for the compliment on my finished buds Pandy.The congo 3/bangi had lots of good points,taste and high were both great but yield wasn't!Those other choices will def get you a lot more bud to smoke

Was gonna recommend the same thing based on orf's gargeous NevMal. Syd, as usual, beat me to it. Great minds and all;)

I should note I have a two week old seedling that stinks to high heaven, as much as the A5 next to it.

Hey dwd. Thanks for stopping in mate. Your description of the A5 killer definitely has me excited to run that next go around. And a little scared too lol.

Thanks for the compliment on my finished buds Pandy.The congo 3/bangi had lots of good points,taste and high were both great but yield wasn't!Those other choices will def get you a lot more bud to smoke

Hi jaded1. Thanks for chiming in about congo3/bangi. As alluring as it it, I do need to consider yield when growing in such a tiny space. Mate, your spicy Thai leaning GT pheno looked so good. GT is one of my all time faves. It’s just so punchy and psychedelic.

I’m hoping my GTxHonduras cross carries some of that punch but maybe a bit more of a functional high. Fingers crossed.