Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > ⇧Brother OneHitDone's HydroGrowLed MEEt's LETTUCE Grow Test⇧

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
⇧Brother OneHitDone's HydroGrowLed MEEt's LETTUCE Grow Test⇧ Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2019, 07:42 AM #1
OneHitDone

OneHitDone will become famous soon enoughOneHitDone will become famous soon enough
⇧Brother OneHitDone's HydroGrowLed MEEt's LETTUCE Grow Test⇧

Hey guys and gals - Let me introduce myself as I am new to posting over here but this definitely ain't my first rodeo.
Been growing indoors under lights since the early 2000's. Yes I grow cannabis but that is not the focus of this thread.
I am a HID / Fluorescent type of guy but also dig led and always looking at and trying the new tech.
Honestly led has yet to impress me to the point of converting my whole garden over, especially when it comes to growing leafy food crops such as lettuce. I have a massive thread elsewhere on the web where not 1 led grower has yet to produce what I would consider a QUALITY head of lettuce comparable to an outdoor field grown specimen.

So, what we have going here is another one of my whacky indoor lettuce growing adventures. As those who have followed my thread in the LED section know - lettuce is not the easiest crop to produce under led.
@HydroGrowLED has been kind enough to sponsor several of the members on this site with free gear to run and check out the companies tech and spectrum. I was one of the chosen ones due solely on my pursuit of the ideal led for growing food crops indoors I suppose.
So, what we have here is a 22"x22" tent with a custom fabbed NFT Hydroponic system where 9 lettuce plants will be grown to full term under the HydroGrowLed 42X fixture. Fixture pulls 71.7W from the wall putting this grow at approximately 21.5W per Sq Ft.
Lettuce seeds are germinating in rock wool cubes which will then be moved to the nft channels and fed Master Blend 4-18-38, Calcium Nitrate, and Magnesium Sulphate for the duration of the crop.
I have dialed the fixture in at the recommended height of 16.5" above the seedling tray and will maintain this distance the best I can as the crop grows.
So join along for the ride as I get this show started.

I'll start with a few photo's of the nicely constructed fixture. Nice touch with the filters over the fans!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3981.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	493445 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3982.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	493446 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3983.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	493447 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3984.jpg
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	493448
OneHitDone is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:10 PM #2
OneHitDone

OneHitDone will become famous soon enoughOneHitDone will become famous soon enough
Even thought the light is comprised of mono diodes and none of them are white - the light does not appear "Blurple" at all in person. It actually is even "whiter" than these images project.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3985.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	493536 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3986.jpg
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	493537 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3987.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	493538 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3988.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	493539 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3994.jpg
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	493540

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:12 PM #3
OneHitDone

A couple days later and I had a bit of sprout action so this show was on the road
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4005.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	493541

Old 05-07-2019, 08:14 PM #4
OneHitDone

So here we are 2 days later. I over-seeded a bit so it's time to do some surgery and thin them out.
Test #1 for a light source to grow lettuce is weather or not the seedlings emerge without having a long neck goose stretch to them.
Did the HydroGrow Led pass this test?? ✔︎
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC05399.jpg
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	493542 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05400.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	493543 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05403.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	493544

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:16 PM #5
OneHitDone

Decided to throw in a cannabis clone just to get a feel for how they grow under these lights until the lettuce is ready to be spread out
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4038.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	493545

Old 05-07-2019, 08:18 PM #6
OneHitDone

I believe I am about to slide into day 7 on this grow and I must say the plants are looking strong :weed:

I have also added a pair of fresh lettuce seedlings to the lower left, we'll call it plant site #1 just to see how a young sprout will mature out at the corner of the coverage vs dead center under the light.
Brother OneHitDone ain't fucking around and I don't pull no punches - this test is as transparent as it gets :hump:
I have attached a screenshot of a Day 7 plant from the Cornell University Lettuce CEA Handbook for reference:
https://cea.cals.cornell.edu/attachments/Cornell CEA Lettuce Handbook .pdf
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC05409.jpg
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	493546 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05410.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	493547 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05413.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	493548 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 10.47.33 PM.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	493549

Old 05-07-2019, 09:28 PM #7
HydroGrowLeds
Grow Light Guru

HydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really nice
Glad to see the post is working now for ya! Hope you don't mind that I moved it to the grow diaries section. I think it will have a better home here.

So far how are you liking the results?
HydroGrowLeds is online now Quote

Old 05-07-2019, 09:49 PM #8
OneHitDone

The light is performing beautifully this far but pretty soon it will be go time.
This site? Not quite sure - no "liking" and can we even PM?

Old 05-08-2019, 12:03 AM #9
HydroGrowLeds
Grow Light Guru

HydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really niceHydroGrowLeds is just really nice
I get PM's from people, so I know it's possible, but perhaps not before you have a certain number of posts or days online? I'll have to ask. This forum is way slow compared to several years ago when I used to be here. Feels almost like a ghost town. I've looked for the option to PM you but can't find it available. Here they have the "Did you find this post helpful" which is basically a "like", but the UI here leaves much to be desired. I sent an email today asking about the UI and the possibility of updating it to something newer like several other competing forums where traffic is currently high.
HydroGrowLeds is online now Quote

Old 05-08-2019, 12:10 AM #10
OneHitDone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroGrowLeds View Post
I get PM's from people, so I know it's possible, but perhaps not before you have a certain number of posts or days online? I'll have to ask. This forum is way slow compared to several years ago when I used to be here. Feels almost like a ghost town. I've looked for the option to PM you but can't find it available. Here they have the "Did you find this post helpful" which is basically a "like", but the UI here leaves much to be desired. I sent an email today asking about the UI and the possibility of updating it to something newer like several other competing forums where traffic is currently high.
I was thinking the same thing myself - you could fire a cannon through this place

Need to get in contact with you, I have some suggestions to help regain a respectful position in the grow industry