What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking into my crystal ball I see ____

shaggyballs

Veteran
What do you see now that cannabis gnome has been sequenced?

Now that phylos has the data who will buy it, Monsanto, Syngenta.... Who?

Will big AG then put todays breeders in history books?

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
What does it matter 'who', it's the future, doesn't mean you cant still breed the mendelian way.:)

St. Phatty

It would be great to get the exact address (addresses) for Big Ag.

There was a time when Big Ag would be torched.

Sometimes that's what it takes.

Brother Nature

I picture a violent future of mankind fighting for existence in a world overrun by super intelligent, evil cannabis plants. Some what like a combination of the movies Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Little Shop of Horrors, and the Terminator, but with cannabis.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
There was a time when Big Ag would be torched.

.... that time has come and gone. There was also a time when pot would make you laugh yer ass off, see psychedelic colors and 'think',
Alla that is also in the distant past, qualities bred out by 'modern' breeders in favor of fast finish and commercial concerns in northern countries.:tiphat:

St. Phatty

.... that time has come and gone. There was also a time when pot would make you laugh yer ass off, see psychedelic colors and 'think',
Alla that is also in the distant past, qualities bred out by 'modern' breeders in favor of fast finish and commercial concerns in northern countries.:tiphat:

Oh come on. There's got to be a way to monkey-wrench Monsanto.

I know they don't like organic wheat. Grow organic wheat ! How's that for a radical move :dance013:

shaggyballs

Veteran
We need to evolve if we are to survive the coming onslaught of Corporate Weed.

It is not guaranteed that we’ll retain control of our culture or our plant, and with this Phylos development things just got darker for us all.

I predict eventually we will lose complete control of cannabis.
Our culture is already being betrayed by todays generation.
People seem to care less why cannabis did not fade away.
Folks held this culture together despite the threat of prison.
Now people say fuck those hippy dippy types.
And may folks sell out to the almighty dollar.
All signs of this anti oppression counter culture will be gone.
Bad for the people....good for control and the Govt.
Very sad indeed.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
All the more reason to keep your own personal coveted strains safe and start hoarding seeds as much as you can. Moreover, share and trade them among trusted friends.

You can bet your ass that big agra/pharma have their greedy eyes transfixed on taking over. The billions to be made must have them salivating like Pavlov's dog.

Qui bono.

RMS

:smoweed:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran

While I would agree with a lot of that for the contemporaries, some of us old guys still react pretty much the same way with regards to the giggling, the meditative qualities ( " thinking ) although I never remember seeing colors cept when I was dropping acid and being partners with the chemist who made clear dot blotter right in the village in the late 60's.......I can attest to being psychedelisized on many many occasions :dance013:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
a ray of hope would let you know that a percentage of the old guard has never become vocal, visible or put their precious genes in mainstream gene pools

from whence this culture came can we expect less than deviation and non conformation

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
no matter how they re-engineer nature the less natural the outcome the less natural our attraction to it

shaggyballs

Veteran
That is a ray of hope and I have been hearing of it more and more.
You may be weird but you are wise!:)

Tis a shame we legalize and then go deeper underground?
Counterintuitive if ya ask me!

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
no matter how they re-engineer nature the less natural the outcome the less natural our attraction to it

.... come on Weird, I know you're familiar with the work of Sasha Shulgin (MDMA, etc.) and his synthesis of hundreds of tryptamines and phenethylamines.:tiphat:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
.... come on Weird, I know you're familiar with the work of Sasha Shulgin (MDMA, etc.) and his synthesis of hundreds of tryptamines and phenethylamines.:tiphat:

much of his work is (in greatly reduced terms) extraction and isolation of specific chemicals which are beyond natural analogs which by definition gives them "supernatural" effects (at least in regard to their own latent nature) with both good and bad qualities.

marijuana has been a naturally occurring medicine that is completely benign in regard to our physical compatibility and while as a medicine select compounds definitely have application the satisfaction of employing a natural relationship with the plant is lost on few

this baseline of natural compatibility through evolution over the term of our existence is the basis of my statement

but yes I would be an absolute liar if I said I wasn't quite familiar with many of the plant derived chemicals that many call medicines including myself :)

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
marijuana has been a naturally occurring medicine that is completely benign... :)

... sure, everyone loves pot, but what if we had the capability to tweak it, explore, take it apart, experiment, enhance.

Well we do have this capability now and I say, let's see where it goes.:dance013:

Gry

While I would agree with a lot of that for the contemporaries, some of us old guys still react pretty much the same way with regards to the giggling, the meditative qualities ( " thinking ) although I never remember seeing colors cept when I was dropping acid and being partners with the chemist who made clear dot blotter right in the village in the late 60's.......I can attest to being psychedelisized on many many occasions :dance013:

For those who enjoyed the chemistry of canna, there were colors to be had. They did and do make for fine indicators.

shaggyballs

Veteran
I can see GW Pharm being the new monsasto of weed.
Thes folks are doing more than we know behind closed doors.

GMO Hemp and CBD oil will be the new normal.
Maybe GMO THC will become big also.

CBD will be an anolog if you do not buy it from a phamacy.
Soon you will do hard time for CBD due to cutting into the profit margins of big Pharma.
AKA GWPharm.

Time will tell!

Bud knows what up!
Big Cannabis will be for sale in every 7-11 and supermarket,
and other people will still be getting busted for not having a governmental permission slip...:moon:

shaggyballs

Veteran
Once the cops shut down the black market as much as they can they will say personal growers are feeding the black market therfore they must be wiped out!
OH, and they are a danger to the community!

But their real motive here will be to gain market share.

Stu Carter, owner and CEO for Utopia Gardens in Detroit.
“They’re stealing business that we’ve paid big annual licensing fees for,” Carter said. “This is a big deal.”

I predict a ton of snitching among cannabiz competitors.
It is gonna get real dirtyreally fast as we are already seeing.
But I remember in the old cannabis community snitching was cause for exile among other things.

Ah, the good ole days before legalization.:)

Latest posts

Latest posts