You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Zack's back

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Zack's back Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-2019, 10:39 PM #1
20sackzack

20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light
Zack's back

What's up icmag! I wanted to share what I've been working on for the last 5 months or so. I shut down my tents around this time last year and have been on a break from growing while I took the rest of the year off.

After I went to Jamaica in December, I began really working on my new flower room that is the space my tents were in previously. Been putting my blood, sweat and tears (and a bunch of moolah) into this project and it's beginning to look like it will pay off

The room is about 17' long 9' wide and 7.5' tall. Not the most head room but more than I had in the tents so I think I will do alright. Running 6 630 watt de cmh cheap ebay lamps with an 18000 btu minisplit/heat pump and a 95 pint dehumidifier. Using a merv 11 filtered intake and exhaust with backdraft prevention on a humidistat during lights off. Haven't got co2 setup yet but planning on it soon

Rocking 3 3'x6'x1.5' beds from grassroots fabric pots on custom rolling bases I built from harbor freight floor dollies. Filled with my own hand mixed soil I blended up after being inspired by reading slownickles thread multiple times

I began by mixing up 5 yards of base which consists of 40% peat, 30% lava, 20% coco, 5% castings/compost and 5% fired clay called turface

I then tested it and amended the 5 yards with 50lb bone meal, 10lb ag lime, 80lb gypsum, 25lb kelp, 10 oz mn, .83 oz zn, .8 oz cu and .495 oz boric acid

I wound up with a high EC from not rinsing at all so I ran a bunch of water through it until I got the EC to drop lower. Didn't end up as balanced as I'd like but it's a work in progress and should continue to improve with time

I'm irrigating daily with microsprinklers and spot spitters with submersible pumps on timers in 32 gal reservoirs. Working well but I will probably upgrade my 1000 gph pumps to something stronger to get better pressure. I'm also doing a weekly deep drench/feed/compost tea that I'm hand watering in. Got a live cover crop going of white clover and alfalfa before I planted. Just had to trim it down last night as it was getting a little out of hand

Alright so pics or it didn't happen lol

Here's my most recent soil test, I'm skeptical of the B level though and will definitely be retesting after this first run

And here's a shot of the beds pre planting

And right after the transplant

Some of them had a rough start but after a couple weeks they were all catching on

And here we are now at a little over 4 weeks in. First layer of trellis is up and I am planning to flip in the next week or so. Just waiting for some holes to fill in a bit more

I'm sure with a better start my veg time would be much shorter but I can't complain for a first run after taking so much time off

Damn I almost forgot, the cuts I'm growing are wedding cake, slurricane, gelato(maybe?) and purple punch. I'll keep updating this thread with my progress as I go. Thanks for taking a look!
20sackzack is offline Quote

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:18 AM #2
bsgospel

bsgospel is a name known to allbsgospel is a name known to allbsgospel is a name known to allbsgospel is a name known to allbsgospel is a name known to allbsgospel is a name known to allbsgospel is a name known to allbsgospel is a name known to allbsgospel is a name known to allbsgospel is a name known to allbsgospel is a name known to all
I gotta imagine you got the aluminum and iron from the lava rock. Keep an eye on the pH through the next test.

Plants look like they're having a ball and those beds are pretty bitchin. Great job man ��
bsgospel is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:48 AM #3
(S)eismic

(S)eismic has a spectacular aura about(S)eismic has a spectacular aura about(S)eismic has a spectacular aura about(S)eismic has a spectacular aura about(S)eismic has a spectacular aura about
Cool beds Zach.
(S)eismic is offline Quote

Old 04-26-2019, 05:40 AM #4
Chunkypigs
Mutated member

Chunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivor
Groovy beds!
Chunkypigs is online now Quote

Old 04-26-2019, 08:15 AM #5
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor

Looks great!

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR
dank.frank is online now Quote

Old 04-26-2019, 09:04 AM #6
Mars Hydro Led
Vendor

Mars Hydro Led is a jewel in the roughMars Hydro Led is a jewel in the roughMars Hydro Led is a jewel in the roughMars Hydro Led is a jewel in the roughMars Hydro Led is a jewel in the roughMars Hydro Led is a jewel in the rough
Can these grass help plants grow? I'm curious
Worldwide stock in US, UK, EU, AU, Canada & China
Contact Email: 420love@mars-hydro.com
Mars Hydro Led is offline Quote

Old 04-26-2019, 05:18 PM #7
20sackzack

20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light20sackzack is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgospel View Post
I gotta imagine you got the aluminum and iron from the lava rock. Keep an eye on the pH through the next test.

Plants look like they're having a ball and those beds are pretty bitchin. Great job man ��
Thanks man! Yeah not too happy about those levels but as long as I dont let ph drift too far I'm hoping I will be alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by (S)eismic View Post
Cool beds Zach.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkypigs View Post
Groovy beds!
Thanks chunky! I gotta get that 2.0 someday

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank.frank View Post

Looks great!

dank.Frank
Thanks Frank! Glad to have you stop by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Hydro Led View Post
Can these grass help plants grow? I'm curious
Live cover crops can help create a better environment by retaining moisture, fixating nitrogen and improving phosphorus uptake as well as harboring and attracting microbes
20sackzack is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:06 PM #8
Dankwolf

Dankwolf has a brilliant futureDankwolf has a brilliant futureDankwolf has a brilliant futureDankwolf has a brilliant futureDankwolf has a brilliant futureDankwolf has a brilliant futureDankwolf has a brilliant futureDankwolf has a brilliant futureDankwolf has a brilliant futureDankwolf has a brilliant futureDankwolf has a brilliant future
subbed . never ran beds inside . curious how it plays out long term . .

Yes i know i cant spell for shit and my punctuation is just as bad . the plants dont seem to care nor should you.
Dankwolf is offline Quote

Old 04-26-2019, 08:11 PM #9
CoCo_LoCo

CoCo_LoCo has a spectacular aura aboutCoCo_LoCo has a spectacular aura aboutCoCo_LoCo has a spectacular aura aboutCoCo_LoCo has a spectacular aura about
Wow beautiful setup.
CoCo_LoCo is offline Quote

Old 04-26-2019, 09:11 PM #10
Bmac1

Bmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud of
Nice setup for sure. Love those beds.
First Organic Run - Done
Organics Round 2 - On hiatus
Bmac1 is online now Quote