What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
gorgeous mexicans zam. glad to see some others sharing the latina love. I've never managed to get the acapulco it seems we always have the oaxacas and gulf sativas. I'm going to come across them one day. :respect:

this apple is been around a long time. I personally have been seeing it since about 98-00 or so. but an old hippy I talked to swears he used to get this bud in new orleans back in late 60's or early 70's. its a very unique smell you don't forget. a floral candied green apple smell. very pungent and intoxicating. captivating.

Every year buying it is a labor of love because out of a lb about 1/4 of it is AAA and the rest is like mids. they have a terrible mold problem all up the east coast and these native americans are very old school. trim it yourself leafy buds, they don't care if its molded or whatever its going in the bag.

But its worth it. the smell and taste are so incredible and I love the high. its got a stony mellow effect but overall an eye opening giggly sativa. like a skunk but much more euphoric and a smell you'll never forget.

I've foolishly managed to lose seeds of this every year. its only lightly seeded if at all so its easy to lose them. My friend has a decent amount of it though and I'll probably go ransack his bags for seeds tommorow or monday. I meant to do it last night but I was so high I just ended up smelling and staring at the buds instead of inspecting for seeds. It'll do that to you. good conversation and goof around bud.

Be back later its the most beautiful day ever and I'm going to go get high in the swamps.

Last edited:

muddy waters

stuff looks delicious...

is choco green chocolate colombian?

edit: ah Raco clarifies that... i asked because someone mentioned a chocolate colombian to me recently... i didn't even know that existed

Last edited:

redrider

Chocó

Chocó

@ redrider:
it´s Chocó ,not Choco
A region of Colombia
Ahhhh "Chocó green" is grass grown in Chocó, I've never heard of it (in Colombia) or chocolate but could be I just don't know them by those names.
The strains I've found down here so far are
Gold (not always gold in color) from Guajira and Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta
Cauche
Corinto
Punto Rojo(the best)

Those are just the strains I know by name but I have found countless no name strains as well.

Peace from Colombia

zamalito

Veteran
Yes it is raco. But the way my keyboard is setup I can't easily type Chocó. Anyways I've read its the same thing as columbian black but I haven't grown the seeds that luiz gave me to compare. I also have some monstruo he sent me that I've yet to try. Anyway the chocó came from my past mentor who was busted earlier this year. He'd frequently have 17' plants in july and had been growing like that for many many years and it finally caught up with him. Anyways after the bust he unloaded some of his old genes that he'd never share otherwise on me and this was the sole landrace in the batch.

Last edited:

redrider

Cauche (Wacky Weed, Colombian Black, Colombian Chocolate, etc, etc, etc): This is grown in the western plains of colombia. Very tall plants (6 + meters). Very good high but not very beautiful bud.

Hola Raco, I didn't write this quote, it came directly from a Colombian grower. But I never see too much "dark" weed around my neck of the woods but I stopped getting the "domestic" sativa last year. The best Colombian by far is punto rojo(domestic) none of the export even comes close.
Peace from the source

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
zam did you find any major differences in plants from the oaxaca region over the acapulco region?

I've always gotten gulf coast mexicans. But some of the guys on the other forums I go to that have been around and grown both tell me the west mexican coast has more up happy mellow sativas and the gulf coast has mostly stonier heavier sativas.

And I couldn't prove otherwise from my personal experiences. I often hear mexican weed considered mellow and up but generally not that strong and these reports usually come from cali heads or west mex coast seeds. And that recent gold colored weed I got from cali (the leafy gold buds from the 1st page) were very mellow which I wasn't used to.

All the mexicans I've smoked and grown were from the other coast and were not what you would consider mellow or up by any means. They might make you feel floaty or see images fucked up. I always say it looks like those magic eye toys. that you put the little disk with a buncha pictures in a circle. and hold up to the light and they have photos of other places. The images are very clear and bright but the 3d is distorted. in layers and weird looking. The highs remind me of field shroom tea and can lead to paranoia or anxiety because you feel so out of touch like mushrooms do to you.

Even when they aren't that trippy and more mellow I often feel very drunk from them.

To be honest sometimes its actually unpleasant from how strong it is. But nevertheless I enjoy them very much pure in moderation (not something I want to get high on 2x a day) and I like them alot to mix in with bowl of other weed especially.

On the colombians. I hear that chocolate colombian is a lowland purple variety that is still pretty common in the lowland areas of colombia. it gets the chocolate smell from fermenting though so it probably won't smell like that cured properly in a jar. Never had it but I always heard it was one of those heavier more potent less euphoric colombians.

Last edited:

zamalito

Veteran
Yeah I think you got it figured out. My experience with gulf coast mexican is extremely limited. Most of the difference between the acapulco and oaxacan is structural. The general structure of oaxacan is more symetrical A frame shape and the acapulco grows in more of the diamond shape reminiscent of a columbian or jamaican. The flower structures are quite similar but acapulco's are slightly longer and narrow where the oaxacan flowers are just like the flower of a hybrid but airy and sit off the main stem a bit. As far as the buzz I consider them also similar except the oaxaca is slightly more visual and thought provoking/psychedelic (but in a less ego dissolving yet more happy honest open morally centering kind of way) whereas the acapulco is a more happy loved up feeling and very slightly giggly way (I have to admit its very hard to be subjective with such subtlety). I'll also get these rushes of ecstatic happiness with the acapulco. Its funny that you say that you try to only smoke a little over the course of a day because when I smoke acapulco or oaxacan I will only smoke those all day because I feel if I smoke anything else during the course of the day I'll waste them. Every year I always come back to the mexicans as my favorite because there's nothing as resistant to building a tolerance in both the strength and the quality of the effects. I really feel there's no better quality herb out there.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
yeah I can't burn them down all day. it'll wear me out.

I try to smoke no more than 3/4 of a gram a day. a bowl or two around noonish. and about two more smoke sessions. usually around 5 and one for a few hours before I go to sleep I get real wasted.

If I smoked them all day I'd crash way too hard.

G

Motaco that apple bud started showing up around the early nineties. That was the first times I had encountered it. But I hadn't seen it around in a while. If its there then its here also.

Yes there are good varieties of Mexican pot out there. Most people don't have the patience to grow them or the correct latitude. And then the whole brickweed stigma doesn't help either. As a young lad I cut my teeth on Central and South American sativas. Knew indicas existed but that was always Cali weed.

zamalito

Veteran
Sounds like there's a bumch of growers from below the mason dixon on this thread. I have all of the respect in the world for southern growers.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew this Chaman´s Colombian Red x Gold indoors.In the pic 2,cuttings from her :D

WOW ! what a great thread

WOW ! what a great thread

:woohoo: I just found this great sativa thread ... I'm still on the first page, and working this direction ... thanks, folks ... I'm a fellow sativa fan, currently growing out Cinderella99 hybrids ... :canabis:

G

Raco does that plant grow bushy like that or was that from taking cuttings. Even the cuttings look bushy.

That's the way pot should look. Nice plant.

G

the columbians kick ass for sure :D good daytime smoke Acapulco too :D
or some Ghanian, Zamal varieties for a trippy day

overall i think i love the structure of that columbian the best its so dense and fluffy at the same time

T

trem0lo

wow, this thread is incredibly informative!

I appreciate all the info from the experienced guys so keep it coming!

G

Here is some more cured Colombian Gold, sorry about the pics but my camera just doesn’t do very good. This bud came from a clone I started in February 06 and cut her down mid September. She’s been curing about 3 or 4 weeks and although good now it will get better with a month or two more. Unlike the exported gold that is sweat cured in huge piles out in the sun, mine is hung dried and of course jar cured giving the buds a sweeter less musky aroma and flavor. The high is most defiantly “up” and motivating but has no heart racing paranoia or jittery ness; instead it is more relaxing and very euphoric to the point of outburst of unexplainable laughter. The effect comes on slow and takes 15 minutes to fully set in with a nice peak after about an hour then a slow clean come down at an hour and half. Smoking a lot of this Gold all day (it is one of my current favorites) will burn you out at the end of the day but it's a very nice day.

Now I've dried my Columbian Gold and given it a week to cure, I have to say I totally agree with your description. The high is heady and high but mellow and happy rather than racing and paranoid. I really, really love this weed, it's my current favourite by far and my friend says its the best weed he's smoked in as long as he can remember, it's been so long since we had this kind of smoke to enjoy that we'd forgotten that potent weed doesn;t have to have a heavy stone, it's all those comemrcial hybrids we've been smoking. Now we have some old-school dank we have realised how much we prefer this kind of mellow, happy, smily weed. I also agree that it takes 15 mins to set in. I had a 200 mile round trip car journey yesterday and enjoyed it immensely through the mountains with the great scenery and there were a couple of rainbows, we had the stereo on loud and due to being high on the Columbian, it was a wonderful journey. Impossible to be down on this Columbian, it's like herbal MDMA in that it makes you feel warm, secure, happy and permanently smiling. One other thing, it gives extreme red eye almost instantly, impossible to hide the fact you're stoned on Columbian with red eyes and a permanent smile.

A couple of bud shots just before harvest. It's surprisingly frosty for a pure sativa.

PA180002.jpg

PA180003.jpg

PA180018.jpg

PA180023.jpg

PA180024.jpg

PA180026.jpg

G

It's funny that someone mentioned "Wacky Weed". Back in 74 when I was at UMass I ran into some "Wacky Weed". Sick looking small buds that were almost black in color. The shit knocked my dick in the dirt. At a time when Columbian Gold was selling for about $35 an oz wacky weed was selling for $75 an oz. Devastatingly potent to be sure. I always wondered where that herb came from, nobody mentioned a country of origin at the time. Years later I read a description of black african weed and thought it might have been that but now I read that wacky weed was columbian, very interesting.

G

It does sound like zombie black or black magic African. There is a Columbian Black, BSC had it on their seed list. Maybe that was it, I would love to try both the Black and Red Columbians now I've tried the Gold and love it so much. I bet there are hundreds of cultivars and wild strains in Columbia though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts