What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gelato 33 vs Ice Cream Cake

Anybody have experience with these 2 strains? I've been growing the Gelato 33 for the last 3 years. One of the top 10 strains ive grown in the last 26 years. Trying to get my hands on an Ice cream cake cut. But i was hoping to get some info from somebody who has run it personally.
I'd love to know opinions if its better quality than the Gelato. Or how it yields in comparison. Cant find much info other than pictures of people running it on IG.

its dank as hell and has a more gasoline/minty flavor than gelato 33 but with this skunky rubbery fresh tennis ball funk. also a bit more vigourous. grows straight up, takes topping and lst like it was born to, and can yield extremely well. I actually just put 2 clones of it into flower on 420. I can throw up some pics if you want/update the progress.

its dank as hell and has a more gasoline/minty flavor than gelato 33 but with this skunky rubbery fresh tennis ball funk. also a bit more vigourous. grows straight up, takes topping and lst like it was born to, and can yield extremely well. I actually just put 2 clones of it into flower on 420. I can throw up some pics if you want/update the progress.

Great info man. Thank you.
And yes would follow any progress pics or info of your ICC grow.
That Gelato is tricky to top and get branching for scrod grows. I have resorted to a lot of bending and tying down since my cut can get pretty stretchy. Fuckin love the Gelato a ton tho. Once i saw a couple peeps with that Ice Cream Cake on IG i was like damn that looks too dank. And appears to yield a lot better.
Tried to get a cut from the guys running it on IG but they're kinda hordy.
They werent dicks about it tho.
I think seed junkies made that cross right?

yup seedjunky is the creator. if you love gelato this is the plant for you. it just makes it a much more desirable plant to grow and brings a lot to the table.

its interesting to note that even though cookies and og are in the same gene pool, the cookies seems to be a little more picky to moisture and light. definitely don't overfeed and keep all buds a healthy distance from the light. I find if they are too close they bleach out and foxtail extremely easily. ICC drinks a lot less than sour kush (which is a slow drinker to begin with) and doesn't require a heavy feed schedule either. I have these plants in promix that I further amended. only give them calmag and seaweed. they love it.

Group shot.

Reserva Privada Sour kush - Left
Seedjunky Genetics Icecream cake - Right

The ICC was the selected pheno of 3 seeds popped. the sour kush was from a single seed.

picture.php

the icc has a pretty laterally compact structure, but still branches well. the sk is more of the wide open, lanky og type of structure and gits a little wiley.

sour kush structure

picture.php

the icc likes to reach for the top, for this reason you can benefit greatly from scrogging her out or using vertical lighting. shes a beaut forsure. stong branches and clones well too. usually roots in less than 10 days.

picture.php

picture.php

yahooman

Anybody have experience with these 2 strains? I've been growing the Gelato 33 for the last 3 years. One of the top 10 strains ive grown in the last 26 years. Trying to get my hands on an Ice cream cake cut. But i was hoping to get some info from somebody who has run it personally.
I'd love to know opinions if its better quality than the Gelato. Or how it yields in comparison. Cant find much info other than pictures of people running it on IG.
do you mind listing your top 10 bro?

yahooman

Ya no prob man

1 Purple Nepal
2 afghani #1 (before sensi seeds version)
3 grapefruit (1996 cut from BC)
4 Tahoe OG
5 oakland crypt
6 UK cheese
7 Jack Herer (popped 20 beans got 11 ladies and one was best sativa ive ever smoked)
8 Gelato 33
9 pre 98 bubba
10 Tie between Hawaiian Pineapple, Alaskan Thunder Fuck and AK 47

thanx bro

i have a friend with the gelato 33 cut

thanx bro

i have a friend with the gelato 33 cut

Nice. Ya that cut is under rated from what ive seen. Thats why im super interested in running Ice Cream Cake.
Gelato 33 x Wedding Cake looks like it has potential to be some next level weed to me.
Especially for growing let alone smoke.
Hope i can find a cut soon

that looks real nice. wish I didn't have to wait 9 weeks to post up shots of this girl. she does resemble that gelato.

Ya i bet them ICC got some pretty significant differences between the cross. Theres a cut i found on IG that looks 50/50 between the Wedding cake and Gelato. Having grown the Gelato quite a bit that pheno i found looks beyond appealing.
The Gelato can yield if you're real good at training strains. Doesn't super crop too well for me. But that ICC seams to stack more on the Wedding Cake side but still holds a lot of Gelato properties still

its picky like other cookies. just go easy on feedings and don't keep the soil soaked. also I found she doesn't care for super strong light so give her some headroom. defoliation help too in order to chunk up the lowers. keep an eye out for low hanging balls late in flowering. I had a bit of a light leak this run so I did see some nanners. but if you just baby her she will do fine!! worth a few runs to dial in for sure. amazing high and flavor. ill post some dry pics right away. good luck with your grow!

browntrout

Veteran
Ya no prob man

1 Purple Nepal
2 afghani #1 (before sensi seeds version)
3 grapefruit (1996 cut from BC)
4 Tahoe OG
5 oakland crypt
6 UK cheese
7 Jack Herer (popped 20 beans got 11 ladies and one was best sativa ive ever smoked)
8 Gelato 33
9 pre 98 bubba
10 Tie between Hawaiian Pineapple, Alaskan Thunder Fuck and AK 47

Tell us more about this purple nepal.... Smell/taste, growth structure, Came from clone/seed, characteristics etc...