Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Gelato 33 vs Ice Cream Cake

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Gelato 33 vs Ice Cream Cake Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2019, 03:40 AM #1
mikeoldschool

mikeoldschool will become famous soon enough
Gelato 33 vs Ice Cream Cake

Anybody have experience with these 2 strains? I've been growing the Gelato 33 for the last 3 years. One of the top 10 strains ive grown in the last 26 years. Trying to get my hands on an Ice cream cake cut. But i was hoping to get some info from somebody who has run it personally.
I'd love to know opinions if its better quality than the Gelato. Or how it yields in comparison. Cant find much info other than pictures of people running it on IG.
mikeoldschool is offline Quote

Old 04-24-2019, 03:51 AM #2
Stickybred420

Stickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really nice
its dank as hell and has a more gasoline/minty flavor than gelato 33 but with this skunky rubbery fresh tennis ball funk. also a bit more vigourous. grows straight up, takes topping and lst like it was born to, and can yield extremely well. I actually just put 2 clones of it into flower on 420. I can throw up some pics if you want/update the progress.
Stickybred420 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:53 AM #3
mikeoldschool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickybred420 View Post
its dank as hell and has a more gasoline/minty flavor than gelato 33 but with this skunky rubbery fresh tennis ball funk. also a bit more vigourous. grows straight up, takes topping and lst like it was born to, and can yield extremely well. I actually just put 2 clones of it into flower on 420. I can throw up some pics if you want/update the progress.
Great info man. Thank you.
And yes would follow any progress pics or info of your ICC grow.
That Gelato is tricky to top and get branching for scrod grows. I have resorted to a lot of bending and tying down since my cut can get pretty stretchy. Fuckin love the Gelato a ton tho. Once i saw a couple peeps with that Ice Cream Cake on IG i was like damn that looks too dank. And appears to yield a lot better.
Tried to get a cut from the guys running it on IG but they're kinda hordy.
They werent dicks about it tho.
I think seed junkies made that cross right?

Old 04-24-2019, 05:52 AM #4
Stickybred420

Stickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really nice
yup seedjunky is the creator. if you love gelato this is the plant for you. it just makes it a much more desirable plant to grow and brings a lot to the table.

its interesting to note that even though cookies and og are in the same gene pool, the cookies seems to be a little more picky to moisture and light. definitely don't overfeed and keep all buds a healthy distance from the light. I find if they are too close they bleach out and foxtail extremely easily. ICC drinks a lot less than sour kush (which is a slow drinker to begin with) and doesn't require a heavy feed schedule either. I have these plants in promix that I further amended. only give them calmag and seaweed. they love it.

Group shot.

Reserva Privada Sour kush - Left
Seedjunky Genetics Icecream cake - Right

The ICC was the selected pheno of 3 seeds popped. the sour kush was from a single seed.

the icc has a pretty laterally compact structure, but still branches well. the sk is more of the wide open, lanky og type of structure and gits a little wiley.

sour kush structure

the icc likes to reach for the top, for this reason you can benefit greatly from scrogging her out or using vertical lighting. shes a beaut forsure. stong branches and clones well too. usually roots in less than 10 days.

Stickybred420 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:09 AM #5
yahooman

yahooman is just really niceyahooman is just really niceyahooman is just really niceyahooman is just really niceyahooman is just really niceyahooman is just really niceyahooman is just really niceyahooman is just really niceyahooman is just really niceyahooman is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeoldschool View Post
Anybody have experience with these 2 strains? I've been growing the Gelato 33 for the last 3 years. One of the top 10 strains ive grown in the last 26 years. Trying to get my hands on an Ice cream cake cut. But i was hoping to get some info from somebody who has run it personally.
I'd love to know opinions if its better quality than the Gelato. Or how it yields in comparison. Cant find much info other than pictures of people running it on IG.
do you mind listing your top 10 bro?
yahooman is offline Quote

Old 04-24-2019, 04:44 PM #6
mikeoldschool

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahooman View Post
do you mind listing your top 10 bro?
Ya no prob man

1 Purple Nepal
2 afghani #1 (before sensi seeds version)
3 grapefruit (1996 cut from BC)
4 Tahoe OG
5 oakland crypt
6 UK cheese
7 Jack Herer (popped 20 beans got 11 ladies and one was best sativa ive ever smoked)
8 Gelato 33
9 pre 98 bubba
10 Tie between Hawaiian Pineapple, Alaskan Thunder Fuck and AK 47

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:45 PM #7
mikeoldschool

Thanks for posting your ICC grow and info stickybread420.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:29 PM #8
yahooman

yahooman is just really niceyahooman is just really niceyahooman is just really niceyahooman is just really niceyahooman is just really niceyahooman is just really niceyahooman is just really niceyahooman is just really niceyahooman is just really niceyahooman is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeoldschool View Post
Ya no prob man

1 Purple Nepal
2 afghani #1 (before sensi seeds version)
3 grapefruit (1996 cut from BC)
4 Tahoe OG
5 oakland crypt
6 UK cheese
7 Jack Herer (popped 20 beans got 11 ladies and one was best sativa ive ever smoked)
8 Gelato 33
9 pre 98 bubba
10 Tie between Hawaiian Pineapple, Alaskan Thunder Fuck and AK 47
thanx bro

i have a friend with the gelato 33 cut

Old 04-24-2019, 08:40 PM #9
mikeoldschool

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahooman View Post
thanx bro

i have a friend with the gelato 33 cut
Nice. Ya that cut is under rated from what ive seen. Thats why im super interested in running Ice Cream Cake.
Gelato 33 x Wedding Cake looks like it has potential to be some next level weed to me.
Especially for growing let alone smoke.
Hope i can find a cut soon

Old 04-24-2019, 08:49 PM #10
yahooman

this is the first im hearing of the ice cream cake