What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Quality Seeds - Northern Light

Corsaire

Veteran
Hi,

A childhood friend contacted me recently because he had found this :

picture.php

picture.php

He bought these seeds before 2000's, so they were ~20 years old :)

It's not easy to find infos because of the breeder's name, so if you have grown them at the time or if you remember any information about it, feel free to share plz, thx ;)

++

Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
haven't grown any High Quality seeds
i do remember seeing them on seed sites within the last 5 years or so
wasn't aware they were older players, subbing for any comments

Apomixis

High Quality Seeds was a seed company owned by businessman Boy Ramsahai, founder of the Dutch magazine High Life/Soft Secrets. He's not a plant breeder, so I suspect HQS sold white-labeled products from other Dutch seed companies, similar to Royal Queen Seeds his current company.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
High Quality Seeds was a seed company owned by businessman Boy Ramsahai, founder of the Dutch magazine High Life/Soft Secrets.

I've read somewhere that Nirvana, High Quality Seeds and Sativa Seedbank were all started by former collaborators or related to Wernard Bruining, right after Positronics went bankrupt and everyone run away with a bunch of genetics. :biglaugh:

Most of HQS catalogue was similar to Nirvana's old one. Stuff like Haze/Skunk, Durban/Skunk, NL, Four Way, Early Girl, White Widow... all classic dutch hybrids.

Likewise, Sativa Seedbank also offered the same strains Nirvana did for some time. All this companies were some of the first ones offering F2 seeds from other previous seed companies, knock-off pioneers if you ask me! :biggrin:

Cheers.

unnamedmike

NL of HQS was the third seed package I bought. About 21 years ago, it was considered a low quality... (positronics stuff) but I wanted to buy this variety that I had read so much, and nothing has helped me with ADHD as this NL. Time Machine NOW !!

Photos are from 2004, the second time I bought seeds of this strain, first was in 1996 and I do not have pics, by then I had a analogical cam. Mi best wish sprouting this old seeds :)

picture.php

picture.php

Corsaire

Veteran
Hey NL brother :biggrin:

Could you be more specific about plants and smoke plz? Were the plants stable and the taste good?

Thx for the pics :)

3rd-3yed

Veteran
I've read somewhere that Nirvana, High Quality Seeds and Sativa Seedbank were all started by former collaborators or related to Wernard Bruining, right after Positronics went bankrupt and everyone run away with a bunch of genetics. :biglaugh:

Most of HQS catalogue was similar to Nirvana's old one. Stuff like Haze/Skunk, Durban/Skunk, NL, Four Way, Early Girl, White Widow... all classic dutch hybrids.

Likewise, Sativa Seedbank also offered the same strains Nirvana did for some time. All this companies were some of the first ones offering F2 seeds from other previous seed companies, knock-off pioneers if you ask me! :biggrin:

Cheers.

And also Kulu seeds :biggrin:

I bought their "Aurora Borealis" as one of my first seedbank variety around 2002-2003, nostalgia is pushing me to find some more ! :)

Btw good luck with those seeds Coco ! :tiphat:

unnamedmike

Hey NL brother :biggrin:

Could you be more specific about plants and smoke plz? Were the plants stable and the taste good?

Thx for the pics :)

Hey bro :biggrin: i remember that they were all plants of the same height and medium / high production (at the height of silver pearl or california indica, my first two varieties ever). Low odor when grow.

Very physical effect ties you to the couch, but cerebral / creative motivator at the same time. Taste smell was not anything special, I remember little more than earth, old hash. Taste / odor is not the best of this strain.
You have a seed jewel in my opinion :tiphat:

Corsaire

Veteran
Hi mate,

I'll wait a bit before pop them, I'll do this around september I think, it's too hot during summer ;)

Vibzzz :tiphat: