Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > So what is the deal with phylos these days?

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
So what is the deal with phylos these days? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2019, 10:33 PM #1
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant future
So what is the deal with phylos these days?

The word on the street is that they stole every submitted sample and are now making bank off of all the DNA that was sent in.

Is this true?
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:39 PM #2
White Beard

White Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond repute
Only those on the inside have any knowledge of their actual plans, but it’s a shell game until proven otherwise IMO
——————
“You never see the lies that *YOU* believe, but you know you have been captured,
Still you feel so civilized - and you look so pretty in your new lace sleeves...”

——————
Letting my freak flag fly!
White Beard is online now Quote

Old 04-17-2019, 10:54 PM #3
Maggotbrain

Maggotbrain is a jewel in the roughMaggotbrain is a jewel in the roughMaggotbrain is a jewel in the roughMaggotbrain is a jewel in the roughMaggotbrain is a jewel in the roughMaggotbrain is a jewel in the rough
I'm not sure how they could make money by stealing the samples. You only send then some pieces of stem. Is there something I'm missing?
Maggotbrain is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:10 PM #4
Lyfespan

Lyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to behold
true, samples were duplicated into tissue cultures and genetic mapping
Lyfespan is offline Quote

Old 04-17-2019, 11:21 PM #5
Badfishy1

Badfishy1 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggotbrain View Post
I'm not sure how they could make money by stealing the samples. You only send then some pieces of stem. Is there something I'm missing?
Yeah missing 30+ year old technology called tissue culture
Badfishy1 is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:38 PM #6
NEED 4 SEED

NEED 4 SEED is just really niceNEED 4 SEED is just really niceNEED 4 SEED is just really niceNEED 4 SEED is just really niceNEED 4 SEED is just really niceNEED 4 SEED is just really niceNEED 4 SEED is just really niceNEED 4 SEED is just really niceNEED 4 SEED is just really nice
Is it possible to make tissue culture of dead material?
NEED 4 SEED is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:42 PM #7
Chunkypigs
Mutated member

Chunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivor
I tissue cultured my great grandmother from a locket of her hair and she's a vigorous four year old now and already cleans the barn pretty good.

Phylos tested her and she's got landraces Genetics with just a small percentage of Skunk#1.
Chunkypigs is online now Quote

28 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:44 PM #8
hellfire

hellfire is just really nicehellfire is just really nicehellfire is just really nicehellfire is just really nicehellfire is just really nicehellfire is just really nicehellfire is just really nicehellfire is just really nice
Cool

I think anyone sending them seeds or cuts or any live potential material is an idiot. The fact they even ask for seeds is disgusting and then you have various industry names like Sam asking people to send phylos seeds. Strong sense of fuck that.

Time to go start an angel fund for an open source non profit version of phylos.
hellfire is offline Quote

13 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:33 AM #9
White Beard

White Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond repute
I am so sorry to be out of rep...but I’ll be back
——————
“You never see the lies that *YOU* believe, but you know you have been captured,
Still you feel so civilized - and you look so pretty in your new lace sleeves...”

——————
Letting my freak flag fly!
White Beard is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:40 AM #10
Badfishy1

Badfishy1 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkypigs View Post
I tissue cultured my great grandmother from a locket of her hair and she's a vigorous four year old now and already cleans the barn pretty good.

Phylos tested her and she's got landraces Genetics with just a small percentage of Skunk#1.
Is she hot? Green card?
Badfishy1 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.