What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Finish in September @43°N, not overly tall. That's all I ask.

Treevly

I just want a strain which will really finish before 01 October. Quantity does not matter much. Shorter the better, but 6 feet is OK if necessary. Potency should be moderate or better. Suggestions are appreciated.
Thank you. :tiphat:

Sunshineinabag

I can prob help ya! But I can't just put up links here I don't think with out pissing off some mod and having my stuff deleted and banned. So I'll try to find a way to help that won't get me arrested

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I just want a strain which will really finish before 01 October. Quantity does not matter much. Shorter the better, but 6 feet is OK if necessary. Potency should be moderate or better. Suggestions are appreciated.
I can't speak to specific strains, but maybe something autoflowering if you want to guarantee an early harvest. I'm an idiot, so I grew hazes at 42 north. Pretty sure I cut it down on October 12th though could have gone a little longer but you have to harvest at the whims of nature.
picture.php

therevverend

Veteran
Ace carries Purple Satellite, doesn't appear to be a huge plant and finishes in the middle of September. Haven't tried it so I can't say anything about the high. Doesn't have much if any Afghani genetics, whether that's good or bad is up to your preference.

Royal Kush has been my favorite strain that finishes at the end of September. I got it as seeds from a clone so I can't vouch for the breeders out there but you can ask to be sure it finishes on time. If it's the real thing it should be done by late September. It is a good sized plant but not much over 6 feet, you could tie it down or prune if it gets too large. Excellent smoke, excellent plant to grow.

Wish there was more stuff that finished in late September, almost everything now stretches into October. There isn't the emphasis on early there used to be when there were more high quality Canadian breeders.

Jammal

Autoflowers are the best choice in the north IMO

Otherwise stick with a few proven outdoor classics,,WW,, Frisian dew,,HH,,you get the idea.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Real gorilla seeds own label have lots of early outdoor ones, most tested up to 52 n.
They got a vendor forum on here

Rico Swazi

would light dep be an option for you?

if not, headband finished mid sept last year for me @45N
good luck

petert

I’m just north of 45 in central Oregon. I’ve grown Oregon Diesel multiple years and have harvested before Sept 15 each time. As far as I know it’s clone only.
Oregon Green Seed carries a number of early finishers too.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Needs to finish indoors under 10wks and that can require crossed fingers sometimes. 9wks is more certain to finish without any mildew setting in.

Faster flowering Chem D crosses and Stardawg crosses is where I'd look. I loved Chem D x NL outdoors in Michigan.

Check out Hybris from Hell genetics as well - much of their work is designed for northern climates.

dank.Frank

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
Needs to finish indoors under 10wks and that can require crossed fingers sometimes. 9wks is more certain to finish without any mildew setting in.

Faster flowering Chem D crosses and Stardawg crosses is where I'd look. I loved Chem D x NL outdoors in Michigan.

Check out Hybris from Hell genetics as well - much of their work is designed for northern climates.

dank.Frank

good look frank never heard of them they do got some hearty genetics for outdoor i see

Rico Swazi

Wich headband breeder, I would like to try some seeds? Thank You!

The headband I have are clones from Grass hut2 in Keizer Or
A friend picks them up for me, never been there myself and dont know much about the breeder or if they have seeds.

I can tell you it grows well here in the willamette valley oregon at 45N. Pest and mold resistance is good.

EL Picos

The headband I have are clones from Grass hut2 in Keizer Or
A friend picks them up for me, never been there myself and dont know much about the breeder or if they have seeds.

I can tell you it grows well here in the willamette valley oregon at 45N. Pest and mold resistance is good.

Ok Thank You, I'm at 47N and for this year my list is overloaded, next year I will try Humbolt version, Headband seem to be a good mold resistant, I have some early finisher but not potent as well, normally here we can wait until the 15 or 20 october:tiphat:

Rico Swazi

Ok Thank You, I'm at 47N and for this year my list is overloaded, next year I will try Humbolt version, Headband seem to be a good mold resistant, I have some early finisher but not potent as well, normally here we can wait until the 15 or 20 october:tiphat:
I have found that early finishers (pre sept) dont score HIGH in the potency dept (autos the exception, I've had some good ones). Mid to late september is about the best I have seen done around here to get the most bang for the hang.

Anything on your list that you feel confident to go the distance?

P.S. and not a plug or promotion in any way,
the clones my friend gets from the dispensary come from next generation nursery nearby.

I got a cut off his last year so this year its his turn to ride the gravy train :)

two heads

Veteran
I'm at 44.3 latitude and two strains I've found to mature reliably by the end off September (though I will let them go into the first week of October when weather allows) are Blue Velvet (fem) from Dutch Passion and Critical + 2.0 (fem) from Dinafem.

EL Picos

I have found that early finishers (pre sept) dont score HIGH in the potency dept (autos the exception, I've had some good ones). Mid to late september is about the best I have seen done around here to get the most bang for the hang.

Anything on your list that you feel confident to go the distance?

P.S. and not a plug or promotion in any way,
the clones my friend gets from the dispensary come from next generation nursery nearby.

I got a cut off his last year so this year its his turn to ride the gravy train :)

Like two heads I have C+2.0 and I will give a try also to:

S.A.D.
S.A.D.F.
G.P.F.
C.C.
C.C.F. From Sweet Seed

Q.C.
Q.K.
P.AF.Kush From Dinafem

Bubblicious From Resin Seeds

AF. No1
HashBerry From J.O.T.I.

E.M.
E.C.S.S.
E.D.C. From Delicious Seeds

Super Skunk From Victory Seeds

My 2 best from last was Early Caramelo begin of September and Jack Herer from Seedsman 15 to 20 October monster plant and very resistant to mold 3/4 pound by plant.
I will probably find some keeper in this list, I have 3 or 4 plants by variety, I hope!:)